TX TX - Madisonville, UnkFem 2-6, UP15905, feeding tube, in suitcase, clothes, blankets, Sep'16

The one on the front says ebags. The zipper pulls are kind of unique.

www.ebags.com

ETA: They are based out of Greenwood Village, CO near Denver.

They are too pricey for me. I would have to travel constantly to justify spending $200 on a suitcase.

ETA2: $200 USD = $265 AUD

The one on the front says ebags. The zipper pulls are kind of unique.

www.ebags.com

ETA: They are based out of Greenwood Village, CO near Denver.

They are too pricey for me. I would have to travel constantly to justify spending $200 on a suitcase.

ETA2: $200 USD = $265 AUD

What sort of person can afford to discard an expensive piece of luggage like that?

I couldn't afford to buy it let alone throw it away.

They also have very affordable products - I got my son's diaper bag from ebags because it was big (we were cloth diapering) and everything was teflon coated and easily cleaned. I think it was only $20 or so, way cheaper than the ever-popular Petunia Picklebottoms

What sort of person can afford to discard an expensive piece of luggage like that?

They also have very affordable products - I got my son's diaper bag from ebags because it was big (we were cloth diapering) and everything was teflon coated and easily cleaned. I think it was only $20 or so, way cheaper than the ever-popular Petunia Picklebottoms

Do you know which stores sell ebags?

Well it definitely looks vintage to me. Vintage as in the company started in 1999 and was bought up by Samsonite this year.

I wonder who would have a good working knowledge of the company's older products. I wonder if they started selling them online only or in local luggage shops or both. Just curious if it would help us focus search area towards Colorado perhaps.

Well it definitely looks vintage to me. Vintage as in the company started in 1999 and was bought up by Samsonite this year.

I wonder who would have a good working knowledge of the company's older products. I wonder if they started selling them online only or in local luggage shops or both. Just curious if it would help us focus search area towards Colorado perhaps.

Ok, I just spoke to ebags. They do not sell them in retail stores. They are only purchasable online. As I imagine this was probably not always the case.

I wonder how we can go about getting the information of how the company sold their products a few years ago.

A veteran advocate for the missing and unidentified that I know of has agreed to help me get Madison's information out to all the groups she can think of and on her website. She has just the resources needed and I just know if anyone is going to get Madison's information out to as many places as possible, she will. :)

It was probably the first thing that was accessible to them and the one thing that could fit this child in. I think their main priority was to get away with this murder and less concern for the $$$ they were losing.

It is possible they stole it. Did anyone follow the Sandra Cantu case? A neighbor reported her suitcase stolen from her driveway I think on the same day Sandra was reported missing. The significance did not sink in until they found Sandra in it. Poor baby girl. [emoji22]

It is possible they stole it. Did anyone follow the Sandra Cantu case? A neighbor reported her suitcase stolen from her driveway I think on the same day Sandra was reported missing. The significance did not sink in until they found Sandra in it. Poor baby girl. [emoji22]

Yes, I followed little Sandra's case. Not here, but I did follow it. I remember that now. She stole it from a neighbor who was having a garage sale IIRC. Sandra's story was so sad! The woman was/is evil!

I got a reply back by email from Sgt. Larry Shiver. I bolded a few points.

"The information released is the available information at this time. The FBI have been involved in this case for the last 6 months and have helped us run down and investigate leads in four different states. As of this date we have eliminated 39 different children that we have possible leads on and we are currently working on several more leads at this time. We did receive the information on [AP - I redacted the name for security. This is in relation to the individual who was mentioned in the comments on MCSO FB post - LV] out of Corpus Christi and are currently checking out this lead in addition to the others.

The items found with the child are of a general type. These items are mass produced and have not given us any significant leads through the research of the items. The feeding tube found with the child was imprinted with a lot number, not a serial number and these type of tubes are changed on a regular basis by the parents of the child. The original placement of the tube is done by a medical doctor but due to daily uses such as clogging, infections and so forth the tubes are designed for ease of replacement and the documentation of the tubes is not rigidly done.
In your email, you did not give the name of your non-profit but I would be interested to know which one it is. We have been cooperating with the Missing and Exploited Children's group on a national scale and with media outlets in the US and Mexico. TV stations in Mexico and the South western US did a major story on the coverage as the pollen research showed the areas where the child might have been in the past.
Any leads your group might generate will be welcomed and they can be sent to us at the Sheriff's Office or through the Missing and Exploited Children's website. As you pointed out we also would like to have closure on this child.

Oh, I forgot to answer your other question on the requirements of the FBI involvement. We asked for assistance from our local FBI Region and they applied to Washington to help in our request for assistance, which was granted. They have some guidelines for their involvement but the leads generated in New Mexico, Arizona and Calif. were worked with their assistance. As of today we have the FBI, The Center for Missing and Exploited Children, the Texas Rangers, The Center for Human Remains at the University of North Texas, The South Western Institute of Forensic Science and the Dallas Medical Examiner all involved along with our office. Even with all of this help we are grateful for any other leads that someone can give us in this case.

Thank you for your interest and any possible help you can give us on this case.

Larry S. Shiver
Sgt. Madison County Sheriff's Office
936-348-2755
larry.shiver@madisoncountytx.org"

- I will get back to him today. I'm glad to see that the FBI have been involved but I don't think we have seen any posts from the FBI like we have with Little Jacob. At least, I haven't seen a flyer myself.

- The items being mass produced sounds like it wouldn't narrow down the search but I still do wish we had images of these items. Someone may still recognize them from someones home or something that Madison had with her.

- 39 different children have been eliminated and more are being worked on - I love to hear this, it goes to show that no matter what you here being released by LE or in the media, there is always more going on behind the scenes. I'm even more confident that this little girl will get her name back now.

- I don't know if you all saw the comment that was left on the MCSO's FB page insinuating they should look into an individual who may be the mother but they are checking this out (I pulled the name from his email as she hasn't been named).

- Looks like the feeding tube will not be of any help as this could have been changed many times since it was implanted by a medical professional.

- I'm no longer with the non-profit mentioned so I can't help there but I will let him know which one it was.

- If anyone has anything they would like me to ask when I email him back today, please let me know.

I got a reply back by email from Sgt. Larry Shiver. I bolded a few points.

"The information released is the available information at this time. The FBI have been involved in this case for the last 6 months and have helped us run down and investigate leads in four different states. As of this date we have eliminated 39 different children that we have possible leads on and we are currently working on several more leads at this time. We did receive the information on [AP - I redacted the name for security. This is in relation to the individual who was mentioned in the comments on MCSO FB post - LV] out of Corpus Christi and are currently checking out this lead in addition to the others.

The items found with the child are of a general type. These items are mass produced and have not given us any significant leads through the research of the items. The feeding tube found with the child was imprinted with a lot number, not a serial number and these type of tubes are changed on a regular basis by the parents of the child. The original placement of the tube is done by a medical doctor but due to daily uses such as clogging, infections and so forth the tubes are designed for ease of replacement and the documentation of the tubes is not rigidly done.
In your email, you did not give the name of your non-profit but I would be interested to know which one it is. We have been cooperating with the Missing and Exploited Children's group on a national scale and with media outlets in the US and Mexico. TV stations in Mexico and the South western US did a major story on the coverage as the pollen research showed the areas where the child might have been in the past.
Any leads your group might generate will be welcomed and they can be sent to us at the Sheriff's Office or through the Missing and Exploited Children's website. As you pointed out we also would like to have closure on this child.

Oh, I forgot to answer your other question on the requirements of the FBI involvement. We asked for assistance from our local FBI Region and they applied to Washington to help in our request for assistance, which was granted. They have some guidelines for their involvement but the leads generated in New Mexico, Arizona and Calif. were worked with their assistance. As of today we have the FBI, The Center for Missing and Exploited Children, the Texas Rangers, The Center for Human Remains at the University of North Texas, The South Western Institute of Forensic Science and the Dallas Medical Examiner all involved along with our office. Even with all of this help we are grateful for any other leads that someone can give us in this case.

Thank you for your interest and any possible help you can give us on this case.

Larry S. Shiver
Sgt. Madison County Sheriff's Office
936-348-2755
larry.shiver@madisoncountytx.org"

- I will get back to him today. I'm glad to see that the FBI have been involved but I don't think we have seen any posts from the FBI like we have with Little Jacob. At least, I haven't seen a flyer myself.

- The items being mass produced sounds like it wouldn't narrow down the search but I still do wish we had images of these items. Someone may still recognize them from someones home or something that Madison had with her.

- 39 different children have been eliminated and more are being worked on - I love to hear this, it goes to show that no matter what you here being released by LE or in the media, there is always more going on behind the scenes. I'm even more confident that this little girl will get her name back now.

- I don't know if you all saw the comment that was left on the MCSO's FB page insinuating they should look into an individual who may be the mother but they are checking this out (I pulled the name from his email as she hasn't been named).

- Looks like the feeding tube will not be of any help as this could have been changed many times since it was implanted by a medical professional.

- I'm no longer with the non-profit mentioned so I can't help there but I will let him know which one it was.

- If anyone has anything they would like me to ask when I email him back today, please let me know.

Bravo Ana and thank you! Please thank Sgt Shriver and, by extension, the FBI agents working on Madison’s case, on our behalf.

I wonder if there are future plans to generate a more lifelike composite of Madison via DNA phenotyping?

I agree, it would be wonderful to have photos of all the items found with Madison but there may be operational reasons why they are unavailable.

I suppose the only thing we can offer investigators is to spread the word about the discovery of Madison’s remains.

It’s heartening to know that so much is going on behind the scenes to solve Madison’s case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko
Back