Found Deceased TX - Marisela Botello, 23, visiting Dallas from Seattle, 5 Oct 2020 *arrest*

Charles Beltran was on the stand all day.
Murder charge has been dropped against Beltran and Nina Marano. That happened in the last ten minutes of the live stream.

DEC 8, 2023
[...]

Charles Beltran, one of the individuals facing murder charges in Botello's death, took the stand shortly before 10 a.m. on Friday and testified most of the day.

Marisela Botello’s mother could not bear to hear one more agonizing detail of her daughter’s final moments of life and left the courtroom in tears.

[,,,]

During the attack, a startled Beltran says he tried to pull Dykes off of Botello and both women fell to the floor.

He claims he pinned Dykes’ to the wall asking what she was doing.

“She’s like: I told you not to bring more girls over here. I’m getting tired of this [expletive,]” said Beltran.

[...]

Harris alluded to the possibility of other people, not already charged, involved in the gruesome murder.

He got Beltran to admit being told his capital murder charge would be dropped so long as he testified truthfully in Dykes’ trial.

[...]

He seemed pretty believable to me. Did anyone else watch?

From the very beginning I thought he did not kill Marisela. His goal was to bring in a young attractive woman to the house and get the best of the moment while his “lady sponsors” were away. So I am totally fine with him not being charged for capital murder.

However, the mindlessness of the guy is hard to stand, given that a young woman had to pay her life for it. He is making a living as a toy boy of two absolutely unhinged women (and IMHO, they both are, Nina and Lisa, equally) and what does he do after sex? He falls asleep in their den.

OK, let the murder charges be removed from his and Morano’s cases, but all the other books the court has should be thrown at them for the rest. He is an absolute coward, and his Kabuki-type drama doesn’t minimize it.

And didn’t Nina’s relatives warn that she was cunning and was going to get away with it? Seems to be leaning this way. She is just a tad less guilty than Lisa. She helped bury the body.

From the very beginning I thought he did not kill Marisela. His goal was to bring in a young attractive woman to the house and get the best of the moment while his “lady sponsors” were away. So I am totally fine with him not being charged for capital murder.

However, the mindlessness of the guy is hard to stand, given that a young woman had to pay her life for it. He is making a living as a toy boy of two absolutely unhinged women (and IMHO, they both are, Nina and Lisa, equally) and what does he do after sex? He falls asleep in their den.

OK, let the murder charges be removed from his and Morano’s cases, but all the other books the court has should be thrown at them for the rest. He is an absolute coward, and his Kabuki-type drama doesn’t minimize it.

And didn’t Nina’s relatives warn that she was cunning and was going to get away with it? Seems to be leaning this way. She is just a tad less guilty than Lisa. She helped bury the body.

Do you think Nina will testify?

He seemed pretty believable to me. Did anyone else watch?
I've been transfixed on this trial and found Beltran's testimony credible, especially the circumstances of how he became Lisa's boy-toy. I think he did a believable job describing the murder. It now seems there is an excellent chance Nina will testify as she also needs her murder charge removed. Likely, Nina's testimony will corroborate Beltran's and will assist in convicting Lisa. IMO

Do you think Nina will testify?

I've been transfixed on this trial and found Beltran's testimony credible, especially the circumstances of how he became Lisa's boy-toy. I think he did a believable job describing the murder. It now seems there is an excellent chance Nina will testify as she also needs her murder charge removed. Likely, Nina's testimony will corroborate Beltran's and will assist in convicting Lisa. IMO

I agree - I believe Marano will testify - to get that murder charge removed per plea deal. Anyone see the plea deal anywhere - what are the terms, etc?
TIA! if anyone can find those.

Found these on FB

for Beltran:
Beltran.jpg

Beltran bond.jpg

Beltran Bond2.jpg

for Marano:
Marano.jpg

so from what I understand - both are still charged with tampering with evidence, which Beltran has plead guilty to.

Do not know about Marano - that is the only document I found on her. Guess no bond - but still charged with tampering.

edited - oops forgot the link
link: Log into Facebook

@Niner - Great find on the Charles Beltran and Nina Marano docs. Thanks for digging them up and posting.
I recall Beltran testifying Marano was in the home at time of the murder. I agree with you that jury will be hearing what Marano saw and heard in exchange for reduction of charges. MOO. Big question: Will Lisa testify?

@Niner - Great find on the Charles Beltran and Nina Marano docs. Thanks for digging them up and posting.
I recall Beltran testifying Marano was in the home at time of the murder. I agree with you that jury will be hearing what Marano saw and heard in exchange for reduction of charges. MOO. Big question: Will Lisa testify?

I believe she will be - let me check my notes... thought I read that somewhere.

edited to add - well not in my notes - must be another case... following way too many! LOL! :)

Monday, Dec. 11th:
*Trial continues (Day 5) (@ 9:30am ET) – TX – Marisela Botello-Valadez (23) (Missing Oct. 5, 2020 while visiting ex in Dallas from Seattle, found deceased on Mar. 24, 2021 in a wooded area near E. Belt Line Rd & Post Oak Rd in Wilmer, TX south of Dallas) - *Lisa Jo Ahmed Dykes (57/now 60) (aka Lisa Beltran & Lisa Ahmed) arrest warrant out (3/25/21) & arrested (in Orange County, FL on 3/27/21), charged (3/27/21) & indicted (6/14/21) with murder & tampering with physical evidence. $500K bond. Released (5/4/21) on bond & must wear ankle monitor. On 12/27/21 Bond held insufficient & bond not allowed. Warrant out for arrest; cut off ankle bracelet & has fled. Extradited back in Texas on 5/24/22. Bond set at $4M.
Botello was killed after leaving a Deep Ellum bar in Oct. 2020. Surveillance video showed Charles Beltran & Marisela leaving together, but it was unclear what happened to Botello.
Trial began on 12/4/23 with jury selection. A 12-person jury & 2 alternates (6 women & 8 men).
Trial began on 12/5/23 with opening statements.
Judge Nancy Mulder. DA Robin R. Pittman & Defense attorney Heath Harris, retained.

Case & Court info from 3/24/21 to 11/20/23 & Trial Day 1-3 (12/5-12/7/23) reference post #699 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...from-seattle-5-oct-2020-arrest.547153/page-35

12/8/23 Friday, Trial Day 4: State witness: Charles Beltran.
For more info see post #701 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...from-seattle-5-oct-2020-arrest.547153/page-36
Note: Beltran has also pleaded guilty to tampering with evidence. The murder charge has been dropped against Beltran if he testified truthfully & for Nina Marano the murder has been dismissed if she testifies truthfully. Still has tampering charge.
Trial continues on Monday, 12/11/23.

*Charles Anthony Beltrán (31/now 34) – Pretrial hearing on 4/4/24 & trial set to begin on 4/15/24.
*Nina Tamar Marano (49/now 52) – Pretrial hearing on 1/25/24. & trial set to begin on 2/20/24.

DEC 11, 2023
[...]

Prosecutors told FOX 4 they hoped to rest their case against Dykes on Monday.

The defense is expected to call Dykes herself to the stand.

Testimony is expected to continue at 9 a.m.

DEC 11, 2023
[...]

During Monday's testimony, Nicole Beauchamp told jurors she had a relationship with Beltran. They met in Miami, where Beauchamp lived in 2021.

At the time, Beltran called himself Antonio and said he had moved to South Florida from Pennsylvania.

[...]

Julian Lapeyre with the Dallas County Pre-trial Services Department also testified on Monday.

Lapeyre supervised the house arrest of Dykes and Marano when they were fitted for ankle monitors upon bonding out of the Dallas County Jail in the Spring of 2021.

[...]

Airport records indicate they left the U.S. on Christmas Day.

"Pretty quickly we were able to establish that they flew out of DFW into Seoul, South Korea," said Taylor Page with FBI Dallas.

From there the couple headed 9,000 miles away to Cambodia in Southeast Asia.

[...]

Kathleen Nichols with the FBI said they were able to locate Dykes and Marano in a seaside town, outside of the capital, through various ATM transactions.

A taxi driver pointed out the house where they were living.

[...]

The final witness of the day was Vanessa Pozos, Marisela Botello's friend from Seattle.

[...]

Pozos said she was messaging with Botello on the night she disappeared.

At first she didn't think anything when she stopped responding, then she got worried.

[...]

Prosecutors told FOX 4 they hoped to rest their case against Dykes on Monday, but did not do so on Monday afternoon.

The defense is expected to call Dykes herself to the stand.

Tuesday, Dec. 12th:
*Trial continues (Day 6) (@ 9:30am ET) – TX – Marisela Botello-Valadez (23) (Missing Oct. 5, 2020 while visiting ex in Dallas from Seattle, found deceased on Mar. 24, 2021 in a wooded area near E. Belt Line Rd & Post Oak Rd in Wilmer, TX south of Dallas) - *Lisa Jo Ahmed Dykes (57/now 60) (aka Lisa Beltran & Lisa Ahmed) arrest warrant out (3/25/21) & arrested (in Orange County, FL on 3/27/21), charged (3/27/21) & indicted (6/14/21) with murder & tampering with physical evidence. $500K bond. Released (5/4/21) on bond & must wear ankle monitor. On 12/27/21 Bond held insufficient & bond not allowed. Warrant out for arrest; cut off ankle bracelet & has fled. Extradited back in Texas on 5/24/22. Bond set at $4M.
Trial began on 12/4/23 with jury selection. A 12-person jury & 2 alternates (6 women & 8 men).
Trial began on 12/5/23 with opening statements.
Judge Nancy Mulder. DA Robin R. Pittman & Defense attorney Heath Harris, retained.

Case & Court info from 3/24/21 to 11/20/23 & Trial Day 1-4 (12/5-12/8/23) reference post #715 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...from-seattle-5-oct-2020-arrest.547153/page-36

Note: Prosecutors hoped to rest their case against Dykes on Monday. The defense is expected to call Dykes herself to the stand.
12/11/23 Monday, Trial Day 5: State witnesess: Nicole Beauchamp, ex-gf of Beltran. Julian Lapeyre with the Dallas County Pretrial Services Dept. Taylor Page with FBI Dallas. Kathleen Nichols with the FBI. Vanessa Pozos, Marisela's friend from Seattle.
For more info see post #719 here:
Trial continues on Tuesday, 12/12/23.

*Charles Anthony Beltrán (31/now 34) – Pretrial hearing on 4/4/24 & trial set to begin on 4/15/24.
*Nina Tamar Marano (49/now 52) – Pretrial hearing on 1/25/24. & trial set to begin on 2/20/24.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k.e.williams
Back