GUILTY TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #10

BrownRice

Reaction score
Texas police are hunting for a 34-year-old yoga teacher accused of shooting dead the leading U.S. gravel cyclist, dubbed the 'winningest woman in America', because she'd had a brief relationship with her boyfriend.

Kaitlin Armstrong has not been seen since May 13 - two days after the murder of Moriah Wilson, 25 who was found covered in blood at a friend's home in East Austin on May 11.

An arrest warrant has been issued for Armstrong, a yoga teacher, who remains on the run and has deleted all her social media accounts.

Armstrong's boyfriend Colin Strickland, also a professional cyclist, had a brief romantic relationship with Wilson in October when he and his girlfriend of three years were on a break.

He and Armstrong got back together shortly after his fling with Wilson but his girlfriend only found out about the one-week dalliance in January. “

Yoga teacher, 34, 'murders world class cyclist, 25, in jealous rage'

Link to timeline created by Websleuths member cujenn81:
Kaitlin Armstrong Trial
Kaitlin Armstrong Trial [ABRIDGED]

Link to Timeline prepared by Websleuths member SMK777

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6Thread #7 Thread #8Thread #9

Last edited by a moderator:
@Luna20
I think what @arielilane was referring to was KA's escape was extremely embarrassing for the Travis County Sheriff's Department, and they probably are not going to lose sleep over it not being kept in the public eye with a trial.
If by some miraculous chance she won on appeal, the state would regret having dropped the escape charges.

Harking back a bit, I would like to ask KA if she wrestled at all with her decision to kill Mo - did she waver at all, briefly think better of it, decide not to but then changed her mind? I would be really interested in her thought processes.

Harking back a bit, I would like to ask KA if she wrestled at all with her decision to kill Mo - did she waver at all, briefly think better of it, decide not to but then changed her mind? I would be really interested in her thought processes.
Yes, I would as well, and I’ve wondered the same.
Yet her actions do seem to indicate self-righteous rage, mainly.

I would love to read a profiler's take on KA. She was maintaining a perfectly composed public persona both before and after the murder, even when being questioned by police the first time.
She let the mask slip twice, when she said to women friends she wanted to kill MW. Maybe she was a little disinhibited if there was alcohol involved.
I find it fascinating that those two women called the police tip line to report KA's comments. Saying you're so mad you want to kill someone is a common figure of speech, never meant literally, as in "UGH! I could just KILL HIM/HER because s/he is SO ANNOYING!"

I wonder if there was something in the way KA said it that made it so memorable to these two women.

I would love to read a profiler's take on KA. She was maintaining a perfectly composed public persona both before and after the murder, even when being questioned by police the first time.
She let the mask slip twice, when she said to women friends she wanted to kill MW. Maybe she was a little disinhibited if there was alcohol involved.
I find it fascinating that those two women called the police tip line to report KA's comments. Saying you're so mad you want to kill someone is a common figure of speech, never meant literally, as in "UGH! I could just KILL HIM/HER because s/he is SO ANNOYING!"

I wonder if there was something in the way KA said it that made it so memorable to these two women.
Both of the women who called the police said that KA was visibly shaking and more upset than they'd ever seen her (when she made the comment about wanting to kill Mo). I think when they learned that she'd had been murdered and Colin was the last person seen with her, they immediately recalled their conversation with KA, her demeanor at the time, and the relevancy of what she'd said.

Not only did they say that KA was shaking and in a rage when she said those words, but certainly hearing that Mo had literally been murdered after seeing CS had to have made them view it as a literal threat in retrospect.

I'm going to throw this out there...

The other day someone made a comment about my brother's ex. (married and divorced five times)...he said she wasn't happy if 2 men weren't fighting over her.

Perhaps CS was a bit like that?

I keep checking to see if she has been transferred to prison. This may be the delay…

While the escape charge is dismissed – along with a theft charge for walking out on a Botox treatment – there is another federal charge Armstrong may face for using her sister's passport to flee the country.

That charge is still pending. If charged and sentenced, she could face up to 25 years in federal prison.

I keep checking to see if she has been transferred to prison. This may be the delay…

While the escape charge is dismissed – along with a theft charge for walking out on a Botox treatment – there is another federal charge Armstrong may face for using her sister's passport to flee the country.

That charge is still pending. If charged and sentenced, she could face up to 25 years in federal prison.

That’s very interesting about the passport charge. If she were to somehow win on appeal, she could still be kept incarcerated.

And KA has left the building...

KAITLIN MARIE ARMSTRONG​

Custody Record
Age36
GenderFemale
RaceWhite
Due to the current status, updates on this record are no longer available. If you have any questions, please contact the reporting agency.

Ethnicity Unknown
Date of Birth Nov **, ****
ID Number2213***
Custody Status Date Dec 05, 2023 09:52 AM CST
Custody StatusTransferred
Custody Detail Texas Department of Criminal Justice
Book Date Jul 05, 2022 02:32 PM CDT

REPORTING AGENCY
Travis County Sheriff's Office
5555 Airport Blvd
Austin, TX 78751
(512) 854-9770

I'm going to throw this out there...

The other day someone made a comment about my brother's ex. (married and divorced five times)...he said she wasn't happy if 2 men weren't fighting over her.

Perhaps CS was a bit like that?
I don’t get that at all. If he wanted them fighting over him, he wouldn’t have hidden her name and their contact. The texts from the trial between Mo & him were very bland—no love or sex talk. Also both he and her best friend Cash testified that there was no romantic relationship between Mo & him (besides the original Oct weeklong fling). I don’t even think he was leading KA on; he should’ve severed all of their business relationships. I don’t even know if he realized how far gone KA was over him. IMO this was all KA and her thoughts & actions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M.Lee
Back