GUILTY TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moriah Wilson’s father, Eric, says integrity & honesty is so important in personal relationships. This comes after the woman convicted of killing his daughter, Kaitlin Armstrong, was sentenced to 90 years in prison.

This is so powerful. Really spoke to me just due to some circumstances in my personal life.
Thank you so much for posting this!

I was wondering.....was KA on sedatives during the trial, and today? How could there be no reaction to the sentence, and to CC's and Mo's mom's powerful words (that we could discern anyway).
Or is KA simply resigned to her fate, completely empty?
And no reaction to the guilty verdict yesterday either.
Will she be on suicide watch? Serious question.
I wondered about suicide watch too…

Do they give sedatives to people on trial? Wouldn’t they want the defendant alert so they could participate and hear their own trial - prosecution and defense?

She didn’t really appear any different to me than from the previous photos we’ve seen after her capture. She had that same distant look in her mug shots. I just think at this point that she perhaps is void of any feeling, or she’s in shock. I have no idea.

Do they give sedatives to people on trial? Wouldn’t they want the defendant alert so they could participate and hear their own trial - prosecution and defense?

She didn’t really appear any different to me than from the previous photos we’ve seen after her capture. She had that same distant look in her mug shots. I just think at this point that she perhaps is void of any feeling, or she’s in shock. I have no idea.

She definitely looks medicated to me. Even if she was in shock there would be visible and varying signs of her distress.IMG_9086.jpeg

Maybe in the above photo, but honestly you can’t always tell from a still photo. I’d need to see her in person to make that observation.

She looks the same to me as in her mug shot. Distant.

Attachments

• IMG_2279.jpeg
    IMG_2279.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 4
Her eyes are heavy to me, as though she is trying to stay awake and be alert.
She does have heavy eyes, but that could be from stress and sleeplessness. She may be drugged also, I don’t know. I watched the sentencing just now and she doesn’t move like someone drugged. In fact, she stands up quickly and doesn’t sway or move slowly like someone on sedatives. I guess this is information we will never truly know.

I still can’t believe the day is finally here! She’s been convicted and will serve a very long sentence. Justice for Mo!

I hope MO’s family can continue to heal and learn to live a meaningful and positive life with Mo’s spirit right beside them at every step of the way. This has been such a terrible living nightmare for them. Let the healing begin.

Eeekkk! I was just watching Court TV and one of the attorneys just said “This would have never happened if they would have just gotten a divorce”!! Do some of these guests they have on even research these cases before they give their opinion!? Yikes.

She does have heavy eyes, but that could be from stress and sleeplessness. She may be drugged also, I don’t know. I watched the sentencing just now and she doesn’t move like someone drugged. In fact, she stands up quickly and doesn’t sway or move slowly like someone on sedatives. I guess this is information we will never truly know.

I still can’t believe the day is finally here! She’s been convicted and will serve a very long sentence. Justice for Mo!

I hope MO’s family can continue to heal and learn to live a meaningful and positive life with Mo’s spirit right beside them at every step of the way. This has been such a terrible living nightmare for them. Let the healing begin.

Mo’s parents seem to be the type to genuinely forgive. Their faith and outlook is not without hope. It’s intentional and that is admirable.

Eeekkk! I was just watching Court TV and one of the attorneys just said “This would have never happened if they would have just gotten a divorce”!! Do some of these guests they have on even research these cases before they give their opinion!? Yikes.
Yikes.
It’s a stupid comment anyways. Because potential divorces always end really well with people like this!

Quite possibly medicated. I was drawn to this article from Medical News Today about the psychopathic brain. Edit: I hesitate to share scientific perspectives on evil here, but hope knowledge/intervention will save lives.

Very interesting, thank you.
I might disagree with one thing. When one does studies on prison inmates, he assumes that people were exactly like this before incarceration. How can we be sure that certain changes of the brain are not the result of incarceration? After the last case in Fulton jail, I am wondering if dampening of empathy may be the mechanism the brain utilizes to protect itself from severe PTSD.

On the other hand, I always believed that "today's reward, even at a loss" is how ADHD brain works (if the reward is 2 dollars paid every day, for a month, or a 100 dollars paid at the end of the month, when does a child with ADHD show more consistent work?). And in this article they mention the prevalence of attentional deficits among psychopaths.

I 100% subscribe to the author's mentioning the role of reward, and not only financial, verbal, too. In fact, I believe that frequent financial reinforcement can help raise kids with better work ethics, while...maybe reminding of certain necessary things daily might eventually register. (All of us know that if an ADHD child forgets to brush the teeth, lengthy lectures about dental caries don't work. However, just saying "go brush your teeth" every evening might eventually turn it into a habit.) I wonder if simply saying "call Sam and say, I am sorry that you cat died" might work better with psychopaths. (In general, making people say or write something engages the control centers of the brain.) From the article it follows that our commonest way of "empathy training", saying "put yourself in Sam's shoes", does not work with psychopaths because their "mirror neurons" are not connected right? Rephrasing like "if your cat died, you'd feel better if your friend called you" might drive the message home. (In this regard, one wonders what is the right way to respond to "I'll kill her" and "I bought a gun" in terms of prevention? From the article, it sounds like the simple one, reminding of the disadvantage of being caught, might work better for the psychopaths? Rather than all our talks about morality? Maybe even better, make ask them what is the drawback of killing someone? If they say, "I might get caught", their control centers, hopefully, could activate?)

From this standpoint, I think Kaitlin's affect in court is understood. She can not imagine how Mo's parents feel. She can't even understand her own parents nor the sister. She just realized she might end up in jail, and she is scared and grieving for herself. I now understand why yoga did nothing for her. Karma is the concept where the punishment is exceptionally distanced from the action, in a convoluted way. Basically, it works when "you" is different. IMHO, psychopaths can not register it.

"I heard what Mr. Cofer said, and you know what? I may agree with a lot of what he said, but one thing that I do want you to do is think about and to factor into it here is that accountability for your actions is just as important as redemption and forgiveness," said State prosecutor Guillermo Gonzalez. "And I submit to you that without accountability, there cannot be redemption and forgiveness."

Just can't get past these two incredible womens lives destroyed.........
For Colin. :oops:

A cheating selfish cold callous nobody....life goes on to do it all again for him.

Mo was a natural beauty, they both where.
Caitlyn has the most beautiful cheek bones and hair.
The surgeries did her no favours. But I am sure she knew all that going in the sacrifices she was making.

Just.... meh.

the murder of Anna Moriah "Mo" Wilson

“Other than the prosecution team, there really are no winners here. This sad story is a perfect example of why integrity and honesty are crucial in our personal relationships, and how dishonesty can often lead to unintended consequences. Selfish manipulation, jealousy and hatred never lead to good outcomes. Violence is never a good way to solve personal issues, in fact, violence doesn’t solve anything but only leads to more suffering.”

From the ROA
Case No. D-1-DC-22-301129 - Murder-1

Case Events​

11/16/2023: Jury Verdict
11/17/2023: Charge of Court on Punishment
11/17/2023 - MTN: TO WITHDRAW COUNSEL

11/17/2023 - ORD:ON MOTION TO WITHDRAW ATTY
11/17/2023- TRIAL CRT CERT DEF RIGHT APPL
Party: Defendant ARMSTRONG, KAITLIN MARIE
11/17/2023- SIGNED ORDER
ORDER TO SUBSTITUTE EXHIBIT

11/17/2023 - TDCJ/SJF HOLD FORM
Party: Defendant ARMSTRONG, KAITLIN MARIE
11/17/2023 - MTN:MOTION
MOTION TO SUBSTITUTE EXHIBIT

Register of Actions

Quick action by at least one to severe ties with client...
I wonder if it was Cofer?

Yikes.
It’s a stupid comment anyways. Because potential divorces always end really well with people like this!
Right, besides the fact that they weren’t married, KA could have still shot Mo because, “you ruined my marriage and made me get a divorce.”
Look how divorce worked out in the Betty Broderick case.

Just can't get past these two incredible womens lives destroyed.........
For Colin. :oops:

A cheating selfish cold callous nobody....life goes on to do it all again for him.

Mo was a natural beauty, they both where.
Caitlyn has the most beautiful cheek bones and hair.
The surgeries did her no favours. But I am sure she knew all that going in the sacrifices she was making.

Just.... meh.

Never ceases to amaze me how people don't stop and think of the consequences before they act. Was CS worth spending the rest of your life in prison ? IMO, KA under normal circumstances would have had suitors lined up at her door.

Is KA mentally ill or just unable to handle rejection/bad news without revenge ? This modus operandi seems very prevalent in today's society from this case to the boys that bludgeoned a Spanish teacher to death over a bad grade. Perhaps all HS and even college students should be forced to visit a maximum security prison to see that there are no Starbucks, video games & internet dating sites.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member