TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is weird. So her car was spotted on the camera driving by, but was she spotted parking it or getting out? Wouldn't the camera show her getting out? Unless she parked it somewhere else and then snuck around the house or something? Was she laying in wait and pushed her way in behind the victim? It seems odd the victim would let her in. It is also weird to me that she returned her gun to her home after killing her rather than dispose of the weapon. Strange he bought them both guns. Who buys a gun for the angry woman he's cheating on? I mean the circumstances certainly seem to suggest she is the killer but after reading the details some of this also strikes me as really off.

I'm just not seeing the logistics of how this done with just one person who was already known to MW. It looks like MW was staying in a second floor apartment with wooden stairs leading up to it and apparently there being two units. I could see it being done easily if KA for instance was already standing on the second floor porch with her back turned looking like she was with the other unit and then quickly turning around a going a few feet once MW was opening the door, but if the contention is she pulled up and got out of her car then went up to the second floor after MW had already opened the door that seems far more challenging. Also along with this I'm surprised there wasn't any screams or anything for KA being able to make it up the stairs, into the apartment then into the bathroom, which I guess she used some type of a silencer on the gun too.

How convenient that someone anonymously calls and leaves a tip that she was shaking with rage and planned to buy a gun and kill MW. Interesting her tinted window car is spotted driving by, that her boyfriend says no one but her ever drives. He helpfully informs police his gun has never been fired but look hers is right here where she keeps it. Ok, so in a murder mystery show this would be the boyfriend setting her up for some reason while everyone assumes that of course she is guilty. Clearly I watch too many of those shows.

But maybe she really is just so stupid that she set herself up, left the evidence laying around and figured no one would ever think she was a suspect or even bother checking her home for the murder weapon right after her boyfriend spent several hours with the victim.

How convenient that someone anonymously calls and leaves a tip that she was shaking with rage and planned to buy a gun and kill MW. Interesting her tinted window car is spotted driving by, that her boyfriend says no one but her ever drives. He helpfully informs police his gun has never been fired but look hers is right here where she keeps it. Ok, so in a murder mystery show this would be the boyfriend setting her up for some reason while everyone assumes that of course she is guilty. Clearly I watch too many of those shows.

But maybe she really is just so stupid that she set herself up, left the evidence laying around and figured no one would ever think she was a suspect or even bother checking her home for the murder weapon right after her boyfriend spent several hours with the victim.
MW’s friend called 911 at 10:00 pm so I would hope they a pretty exact time of death could be determined? I hear you though. It’s definitely suspicious.

Also reading the affidavit CS bashes KA while praising MW when he was interviewed. Reading the description of the interview that would make me suspicious with how he talked about his girlfriend.

RSBM and BBM

[A friend] gave Wilson the code [for her house’s electronic keypad,] and the friend said she had gotten two alerts in the past several hours: One at 5:55 p.m., when Wilson left to go swimming, and another at 8:36 p.m., indicating that Wilson had returned, according to the affidavit. The friend told officers that she had recently changed the code and that no one else had it but her and Wilson.
While questioning Armstrong, “it was relayed to [detectives] that the… warrant [she was brought in on] was not valid and [Armstrong] would be free to leave,” according to the affidavit. The investigators informed Armstrong that the door was open, and that she could end the interview whenever she wished. “Armstrong then requested to leave so the interview was ended,” the affidavit says.

Rage and jealousy like this is baffling to me all around. I guess I’ve never been a jealous person. But reading about how this woman shook with rage after finding out about the brief fling, and then said she wanted to kill the other woman? That’s bonkers to me. Just weird.

I think there’s a good chance the woman went off somewhere and killed herself.
I think Armstrong's rage was also fueled by the age difference between her and Wilson (roughly 10 years)--she probably thought Strickland would ultimately trade her in for the newer model.

It actually really bothers me that Strickland went out of his way to clarify that he was not in a romantic relationship with Moriah at the time she was murdered. Does he not understand that the truth will be found out most likely and obviously the relationship was not on the up and up or he wouldn’t have had to lie to his girlfriend about where he was going?! He is not to blame for the murder obviously but wow this is gross behaviour
Yes, he was playing both women.

Last edited:

RSBM and BBM

After initially interviewing and having to release KA, I cannot fathom why LE did not keep her under constant surveillance until they could bring charges against her. It had to be very clear to them that she was not only a suspect in the murder of JW, but was very likely THE murderer of MW. JMO

Last edited:
Yes, this does read like a murder movie plot with a big twist, doesn't it.

<modsnip>

He seems to have an answer for everything, doesn't he?

What is the business venture that KA and CS were in together?

Last edited by a moderator:
At first I wondered why MW would be involved with Strickland who was already in a relationship with KA, given everything everyone described about her personality and character. But after reading this article and the LE report, it seems that Strickland was playng them both. Seems that MW was confused about their relationship and wanting clarification, given the text she sent to Strickland when she saw him with KA at some event. I am guessing that he told MW that his relationship with KA was over, and he probably told KA that his relationship witht MW was over, also.

I wonder why he bought two firearms at the time he did, one for him and one for Armstrong. Why that timing.
That really looks damning to me that Strickland bought two handguns right before Armstrong killed Wilson. The timely couldn't be more relevant, imo....something isn't lining up with the real story. And right now, Strickland's the only one available to provide information on what happened--one lady's dead--the other is missing in action.

Did Strickland try to plant the idea that MW was a danger to KA and him after the reconciliation, and that they BOTH needed protection from a vengeful MW?

The only thing that appears to have changed in their lives was that there was a purportedly discarded MW.

I assumed CS moved back into KA's place, so LE should be able to check if there were now different threats in the neighborhood, crime, etc.

That really looks damning to me that Strickland bought two handguns right before Armstrong killed Wilson. The timely couldn't be more relevant, imo....something isn't lining up with the real story. And right now, Strickland's the only one available to provide information on what happened--one lady's dead--the other is missing in action.

I have to say I really don't like this smarmy cheater, CS.

Yes, this does read like a murder movie plot with a big twist, doesn't it.

How would LE know that KA disappeared by herself rather than CS having something to do with her disappearance?

He seems to have an answer for everything, doesn't he?

What is the business venture that KA and CS were in together?
Yes, and hopefully--Armstrong will be found alive so we can get more details of happened that led up to her killing Wilson. This case instantly reminded me of the David Graham and Diane Zamora case in 1995--love triangles are the worst.

I’ve been lurking along and reading everyone’s interesting comments. I really fear that this lady has/will commit suicide. She was just so angry to find out about what was going on I think she snapped.
Some of us that knew her in grade/high school and after think that she would have fled the country before committing suicide. She has lived abroad and traveled extensively. Believe it or not, she’s not stupid either. “Snapped” has definitely been used in our convos.

Maybe CS at MW's place when KA showed up and she tried to kill him, but hit MW instead.

I believe CS was at MW's place, so that does place him at the location where the body was found, albeit currently at a different time.

I am unclear as to whether LE has the second gun that would purportedly be at the home of KA and CS.

Did Strickland try to plant the idea that MW was a danger to KA and him after the reconciliation, and that they BOTH needed protection from a vengeful MW?

The only thing that appears to have changed in their lives was that there was a purportedly discarded MW.

I assumed CS moved back into KA's place, so LE should be able to check if there were now different threats in the neighborhood, crime, etc.
very interesting idea about the reason for getting the guns--from all reports Wilson seems like a very agreeable, personable well-liked bicyclist. A few news articles said that Armstrong had contacted Wilson to tell her to stay away from Strickland. Why Wilson and Strickland met for a swim and dinner the evening of her murder is a big question mark for me.

very interesting idea about the reason for getting the guns--from all reports Wilson seems like a very agreeable, personable well-liked bicyclist. A few news articles said that Armstrong had contacted Wilson to tell her to stay away from Strickland. Why Wilson and Strickland met for a swim and dinner the evening of her murder is a big question mark for me.
"Why Wilson and Strickland met for a swim and dinner the evening of her murder is a big question mark for me."

Yes, and this was after there were texts from MW to him asking about the status of their relationship, friends or lovers it sounds like, after KA had confronted MW (by text I think) and told MW to stay away from CS because KA was his girlfriend.

According to his statements to media, he left MW's at 8:30 or so, so he wasn't planning to spend the night there, and yet it's called a romantic evening (by someone). MW must have known he was leaving her place to return back to KA.

I would have thought KA would have been more furious at CS than KW.

Messy, messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member