MISTRIAL TX - Nine dead, 20 injured in shootout at Waco bikers' meeting, 17 May 2015

Interesting aside re: the person from Lometa. I shared the list of perps on my niece's FB, asking her who the person was. Almost immediately the post exploded into an argument between pro & con. Some thought the guy's family was suffering enough & didn't need any attention drawn to the matter. Others expressed the view that he was into something he should not have been involved in & that he deserved what he got. To make a long story short, my niece deleted her post sharing the story & I deleted my "share" to her page. I did post on her page that anyone angry at the post should direct their anger at me not her. From now on my niece & I will be communicating via e-mail. Very touchy subject. I had no intention of starting a fight. I do not know the guy, so have no opinion of him other than that he was involved in something that he shouldn't have been.

Interesting aside re: the person from Lometa. I shared the list of perps on my niece's FB, asking her who the person was. Almost immediately the post exploded into an argument between pro & con. Some thought the guy's family was suffering enough & didn't need any attention drawn to the matter. Others expressed the view that he was into something he should not have been involved in & that he deserved what he got. To make a long story short, my niece deleted her post sharing the story & I deleted my "share" to her page. I did post on her page that anyone angry at the post should direct their anger at me not her. From now on my niece & I will be communicating via e-mail. Very touchy subject. I had no intention of starting a fight. I do not know the guy, so have no opinion of him other than that he was involved in something that he shouldn't have been.

Undoubtably his family is suffering. But that is not your fault or your sisters fault. That is on him.
And they probably have been suffering for a while now. And they probably aren't ready to accept this yet, but they are very lucky. He may be arrested. But he wsn't one of the ones carried out in body bags.

I have nothing against the police stepping up to do their job.

I do find it interesting that here, with the biker gangs, the police went straight to real bullets. No rubber bullets or tear gas for the biker gangs. Nine dead bikers. No "space to destroy." The incident was stopped quickly and decisively by police. No rioting or looting by the locals while screaming about "no justice no peace." This is how these things should be handled. Texas needs to give some lessons to a few other police departments that I can think of.

Those who see racism everywhere should reflect on the real bullets that took real lives here. I haven't seen anyone crying about what a tragedy it is anytime someone is killed by police, or screaming about police brutality or calling for an investigation into the police department's patterns and practices. I'll trade you a "th" word for real bullets anytime.

I'm not understanding the comparison. In this case, all the bikers were armed with multiple weapons. In cases that have caused outrage and controversary such as Tamir Rice, Eric Gardner, Michael Brown, and Freddie Gray, Walter Scott they were not armed. It's interesting that you think the cases are equivalant. Apparently, Walter Scott's death is no different than the death of one of these bikers. In this case, dozens of bikers had to be armed and trying to kill police and each other for police to start shooting.

I'm not understanding the comparison. In this case, all the bikers were armed with multiple weapons. In cases that have caused outrage and controversary such as Tamir Rice, Eric Gardner, Michael Brown, and Freddie Gray, Walter Scott they were not armed. It's interesting that you think the cases are equivalant. Apparently, Walter Scott's death is no different than the death of one of these bikers. In this case, dozens of bikers had to be armed and trying to kill police and each other for police to start shooting.

The comparison is to the riots that we're all familiar with. Many of the rioters and looters were armed.

Big group of motorcycle criminals fighting each other: let 'em have it with real bullets. Quick and decisive. Shut it down. Everyone arrested, $1 million bail.

Big group of street criminals looting, rioting, setting buildings on fire, attacking innocent people, throwing rocks and bottles at police: Stand back, give them "space to destroy." Rubber bullets and tear gas are condemned as "too militarized." No looters, rioters or arsonists shot. Minimal arrests, with minimal bail set, out by morning, charges dismissed.

Should all large groups of violent law-breaking people be treated the way the bikers were in Waco?

There's no doubt in my mind that the people joining the Bandidos and the other outlaw motorcycle gangs know exactly what they're getting into.

Likewise, the many fine, upstanding citizens who happen to enjoy riding their motorcycles and who like to do so in the company of like-minded people.... they too know which groups to join.

I would guess there is zero (or close to zero) overlap between the two types of groups.

I agree, although many might hold down straight jobs while they engage in criminal activities .. I know one who was a peanut farmer, another who was a tree lopper .. the tree lopper is looking at 20 years for amphetamine production pending trial .. until he was caught by under covers last year many genuinely upstanding people around him thought he was actually in the club because he liked the bikes and the lifestyle. Some people still fall for the spin these clubs put out for some reason.

People who don't want to engage in criminal activity don't hang around outlaw motorcycle clubs, they join the clubs that are actually about riding and bikes.

One good way to know the difference, the outlaw motorcycle clubs take your bike and any tattoos if you leave, that means if you were in a club and you got the club tattooed on you then they take that off .. literally.

When the weapons were hidden is going to be important. Were they hidden before the shootings? That could indicate premedetation. Or were they hidden after the shootings to try to hide their involvement?

BBM I really doubt if any of them thought they were going to be in a gunfight that they would of stashed a gun beforehand. If someone was out on parole, or if the guns had been used in another crime, or stolen. That would be the most likely cause. When I lived in Texas a lot of people I knew carried guns, Doctors, Lawyers, and everyday folks. I myself don't much like handguns, They're only made for killing as far as I'm concerned.

What's the number 1 way to tell the difference between a gang and a club?

Gangs have mouthpieces on CNN telling about how misunderstood they are.

Yep mouthpiece was just saying how Banditos just like the lifestyle, they aren't criminal's, people just get the idea from TV. Nice guys. Cops call them criminals but haven't been able to convict them. (That was funny because she called him on it and named someone convicted. He said "I meant Federal.")

It says 24 out of 171 were from our county. Most were from the I-35 corridor from DFW to San Antonio. I think it said 28 from the San Antonio area. A few west of I-35, and more from the eastern side of the state.

I've read several of the guys had decent city-type jobs, etc., and at least one article (somewhere, sorry) said he was on administrative leave from his Austin city job. For those who may have been innocent in all this, and just got wrapped up in this and weren't armed with chains, clubs, knives and guns, etc., and were there for the "stated" reason of working towards promoting "bikers rights," they may want to rethink their associations. Tough lesson to learn. Don't join a gang (or club) that causes you to pledge allegiance by hustling money, property or drugs from others, and don't squabble over who is wearing what patches and colors. Hello! I know I'm preaching to the choir here (well, I hope so!).

There really are some great bikers out there.

I agree with what you say about rethinking associations........but, as a member of LE I'm sure you also know that any and ALL motorcycle groups have to have clearance through COC. I don't like it, don't think they should have that much authority.....but if you're caught riding with a patch on your back and they haven't approved it, it can create a lot of trouble for you. I don't hang out with the ones that are into criminal activity, but I do belong to a women's Confederate Riding Club and the Patriot Guard. We had to have our patch approved, and are only allowed to wear it in certain areas or states. I've just decided to not wear mine. I don't do well at keeping my mouth shut when a man tries to bully me. :happydance:(it's a southern thang)

Thank you for working to keep everyone safe. I went from LE to FD.

What's the number 1 way to tell the difference between a gang and a club?

Gangs have mouthpieces on CNN telling about how misunderstood they are.

Yep mouthpiece was just saying how Banditos just like the lifestyle, they aren't criminal's, people just get the idea from TV. Nice guys. Cops call them criminals but haven't been able to convict them. (That was funny because she called him on it and named someone convicted. He said "I meant Federal.")

Whoa what a crock, I'm surprised they're still feeding people that line with a straight face.

Hopefully all of the melee was caught on security cameras so the police can sort out everybody's level of involvement.

I agree with what you say about rethinking associations........but, as a member of LE I'm sure you also know that any and ALL motorcycle groups have to have clearance through COC. I don't like it, don't think they should have that much authority.....but if you're caught riding with a patch on your back and they haven't approved it, it can create a lot of trouble for you. I don't hang out with the ones that are into criminal activity, but I do belong to a women's Confederate Riding Club and the Patriot Guard. We had to have our patch approved, and are only allowed to wear it in certain areas or states. I've just decided to not wear mine. I don't do well at keeping my mouth shut when a man tries to bully me. :happydance:(it's a southern thang)

I assume from your post that you non-criminal bikers try to stay as far away from the outlaw gangs as possible. Am I correct?

LE to FD? Cool...we have both in our house...makes for fun times, haha

Love the Patriot Guard, have seen them around here several times and have appreciated what they brought to services, etc.

http://www.kxxv.com/story/29127702/the-latest-on-waco-shooting-slain-biker-won-purple-heart

Slain biker won Purple Heart so says his family. They claim that he was NOT a gang member. Do I believe this????? I'm not sure. If he was NOT a gang member he chose bad people to associate with. I suppose, in time, we will find out.

We shall see soon enough, I suppose.

We heard earlier than the media yesterday about the former San Antonio PD officer that was involved (or there and arrested, I should say)...and our office was really surprised he'd be in the Bandidos. There are so many LE biker groups, why would he join one that would be, at best, of questionable intentions. I just don't know. I guess we really don't know why some choose to join some that can/will get them in dire straights sometimes.

We had security reasons today to contact Waco PD to get an update for our work-related issue, and ask whether certain areas were expected to be a problem this weekend. We were told no, not that they have specific intel for as of now. We spoke to an Asst Commander - he DID say they have been receiving phone calls from certain biker groups calling to state they will be traveling through the Waco area during Memorial Day weekend, and quote "please don't shoot!" Assuming they're saying this a little light-hearted, and not serious about stating that.

P.S. My daughter did her part and supported one of the stores today, hahahahaha. She just had money burning in her pocket, I suppose. She called me on the way there, and said, "Mom, just thought I'd let you know I'm heading to the scene of the crime." Little jokester, I raised. Sigh.

Cossacks have supposedly cancelled an annual event in Mingus this week-end. The road to their property has been closed by the sheriffs dept. We will just have to wait & see what happens. Hope all is peaceful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back