TX - Parents charged with death of twin infant girls - April 20, 2024

Clearsky

Reaction score
Vega, in an interview with police, said the twins were "fussy" throughout the night, and he put them in a bassinet where they had fallen asleep. The children's mother, identified as Calderon, said she saw the babies the following day and didn't wake them because she was on her way to work, documents said.

I can understand not waking them but no one checked on them until after he dropped her off for work?! They were one and a half months old, who stayed with them while dad drove mom to work?
So sad.

Damm, damm, damm. It never stops, and we know it oh, so well.
Wondering what took so long to make an arrest. I guess LE and the pathologist wanted to be sure about what actually happened so that the arrests would be solid for trial.
Fly high, little twin girls. SMH.

Vega, in an interview with police, said the twins were "fussy" throughout the night, and he put them in a bassinet where they had fallen asleep. The children's mother, identified as Calderon, said she saw the babies the following day and didn't wake them because she was on her way to work, documents said.

Vega then took Calderon to work before returning home, where he found the twins.

Officials said the babies were five weeks old.

Police say the children were found laying on the sofa with discolored skin and multiple bruises and contusions. One child had multiple fractures.

An autopsy determined the children died from multiple injuries caused by a blunt object :mad: :mad: :mad:

I can understand not waking them but no one checked on them until after he dropped her off for work?! They were one and a half months old, who stayed with them while dad drove mom to work?
So sad.
Babies that age have to be fed every few hours. So, who fed them or why didn't they feed them?

"Police say both girls were malnourished and that some of their injuries were days or even weeks old."

Throw the book at BOTH of them.

Article also mentions they were malnourished, missed their follow-up appt after being released from hospital after being born prematurely and parents noted they had been sick recently but again, didn't take them to the doctor. All that tells me that mom either also participated in the abuse or knew of the abuse but made the choice to conceal it by avoiding visits to the doctors and willingly continued to leave them in the father's care.

Multiple family members tell Eyewitness News that Vega was abusive toward Calderon. Two weeks ago, court documents show he was arrested for unlawfully restraining her.

While Calderon's aunt doesn't believe she physically harmed the children, she does think she should be held accountable for what else investigators found.

Police say both girls were malnourished and that some of their injuries were days or even weeks old.
Houston parents charged in connection to twin baby girls' death Oct. 2023 death, documents say

I agree, mom needs to be held responsible so I am glad she too is charged. I don't care if she was a victim of DV. The only victims of DV that interest me in this case are the one who were helpless and had no ability to protect themselves or leave their abuser. Probably won't be a popular one but oh well JMO

Vega then took Calderon to work before returning home, where he found the twins.

Officials said the babies were five weeks old.

Police say the children were found laying on the sofa with discolored skin and multiple bruises and contusions. One child had multiple fractures.

An autopsy determined the children died from multiple injuries caused by a blunt object :mad: :mad: :mad:
I cant imagine why they were fussy... ggggrrrrrrr. Nothing angers me more than harming a child.

Multiple family members tell Eyewitness News that Vega was abusive toward Calderon. Two weeks ago, court documents show he was arrested for unlawfully restraining her.

While Calderon's aunt doesn't believe she physically harmed the children, she does think she should be held accountable for what else investigators found.

Police say both girls were malnourished and that some of their injuries were days or even weeks old.
Houston parents charged in connection to twin baby girls' death Oct. 2023 death, documents say

I agree, mom needs to be held responsible so I am glad she too is charged. I don't care if she was a victim of DV. The only victims of DV that interest me in this case are the one who were helpless and had no ability to protect themselves or leave their abuser. Probably won't be a popular one but oh well JMO
It's a popular one!!!! No excuses to harm a child or allow a child to be harmed. As their GUARDian, do your job. I think she knew and participated. He was on jail. She could have called for help. But instead, she continued the abuse and let him back in.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back