Identified! TX - Potter Co, WhtFem 55UFTX, 16-30, along hwy, Oct'83 - Bambi Dick

Dear All, We want you all to be the first to know.The press will be getting it this morning from the Amarillo police department.The identification came through yesterday.It is positively Bambi Lynn Dick. Jane Doe now has a name.She is Bambi.We all knew it but the police needed the official DNA which they got late yesterday afternoon.We wanted you all to know before it went to the news that it was Bambi.You have all been so supportive.Thank You.Now the full investigation takes on a new meaning.They have a name for Jane Doe and all there evidence will point to their killer.I have just one thing to say to whom ever did this."Get your affairs in order!"The police are going to get you and you will be serving the rest of your life behind bars.You have had 25 years of freedom that Bambi didn't have a chance to have.You can now spend your remaining years behind bars where you'll be able to think had you not done this to Bambi you wouldn't be in jail.We all wish this hadn't been Bambi but now we have closure and know she was treated so very well by Amarillo.Thank You all again for your help and kind words.You have helped more then you'll ever know.Sincerly Lorie and Paul and all the Dick family

My heart goes out to you her family.I am so very sorry.You will always be in my prayers.I pray they find her killer.She deserves justice. Rest in peace Bambi.Fly Bambi Fly.

suzanne

I'm so sorry Paul, Lorie and the Dick Family. I'm glad your sister finally has her name. I will keep you in our prayers, as well as pray LE finds who did this and your beautiful sister receives justice.

RIP Bambi

To the Dick Family,

My prayers are with you. I hope that Law Enforcement will find the person that has done this to Bambi and they finally pay for what they did to your precious Bambi.

RIP Bambi

Chaddylex

Dear Dick Family,

My thoughts & prayers are with you'se.
Tonight a new star will be shining high above us all. Bambi has finally been named. She is no longer a Jane Doe & can rest in peace. God speed Bambi!

I am both saddened and also comforted to know that Bambi has been identified and can now rest in peace knowing that her family knows where she is. My thoughts and prayers are with her family. Rest in peace Bambi.

Dear Paul, Lorie, Bambi's parents and the entire Dick Family,

I too am both deeply saddened yet also comforted that your beautiful Bambi she has finally been found. Thank you for thinking of those of us here on Websleuths during this difficult time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and will be throughout the investigation.

RIP Bambi,
Karen

http://www.connectamarillo.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=278702

Hi, I haven't followed this thread but found this today.

Thursday, March 26, 2009 at 11:06 a.m.

On October 8, 1983 the unidentified remains of a white female was found 18 miles north of Amarillo along US Hwy 287 near a drainage pipe...

...Contact was made with Bambi Dick's family members in Davenport, Iowa and DNA samples were obtained.

This DNA and the DNA from our 1983 Jane Doe was submitted to the University of North Texas Center for Human Identification in February 2009 for comparison.

On March 26, 2009 the Special Crimes Unit was notified that the DNA from Homicide victim Jane Doe 1983 was a mitochondrial match to the DNA taken from the family members of Bambi Dick.

At this time homicide victim Jane Doe 1983 has been positively identified as Bambi Lynn Dick who was 17 yrs old at the time of her death.

I knew it was coming but I am still shocked! Good luck in Texas and know that you will remain in our thoughts and in our hearts.
Nancy

To the Dick Family; My sincerest sympathies to all of you, I know you've been preparing for this, for too long, still, makes it seem all the more "final" It's heartbreaking, yet, now you know! You will all remain in my prayers (I have quite a long list) until Bambi's murderer is caught, convicted and sent to prison or the death chamber (Texas is all about that)..... Please allow God to give all you the comfort and peace, that only He can promise.

Godspeed Bambi, Godspeed!:angel:

My sincere condolences to Bambi's family and prayers that justice will soon be found for this sweet girl.

I am so grateful that this Doe has finally gotten her name and identity back and that Bambi's family can finally have some closure instead of forever wondering where she could be or what happened to her. However, I know this must be very hard news to take and must bring up horrible and sad feelings from so many many years ago.

May Bambi finally rest in piece and may her killer be found to give her family justice.

Thanks so VERY MUCH to those who spend their time on these cases. Even one person Identified is worth every hour spent.

Rest in peace Bambi.

Paul, Lorie and the Dick Family,
Thank you for coming here and updating us, trusting us, sharing...sending you much love and strength.
I pray that you will continue to come here and we will continue to be here and follow, helping in anyway you may need to get through the coming process.

Sleuthers here at WS and all who read here from other boards, sites, and participate that also worked on this case, the countless submissions by people in cyberworld....THANKS! FWIW! I believe last stat is 57,000 UID's..and we all know that is NOT accurate...there are many many more. The work you all are doing is AMAZING.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
holliryann
Back