GUILTY TX - Riley 'Baby Grace' Sawyers, 2, brutally murdered, Spring, 24 July 2007

They are calling her Baby Grace. Someone IS missing this baby - I am praying she is identified soon....

http://www.click2houston.com/news/14481052/detail.html

""Someone is missing this child," Galveston County Medical Examiner Dr. Stephen Pustilnik said. "There is a grandparent who hasn't seen their grandchild in the last couple of weeks. There's a playmate who's missing their playmate and hasn't seen them for a while. There's an aunt, there's an uncle someplace -- maybe locally, maybe somewhere in this state, maybe somewhere around this nation.""

As a father this kind of case disturbs me beyond words.
I can only hope the soulless animals responsible for this gets whats coming to them ,knowing as I say that they probably wont.
At least by anyone's definition of justice, and even if they did, it wont undo what this poor child probably suffered.

I wonder if they might release photos of the shoes or outfit, that might really help people alot with a flashback of a child they know wearing that outfit or those shoes.......

Kel

I haven't responded earlier to this beyond sad, sad case until now. I wish I could have simply held this child, in a gentle bear hug, and let her know she was special, beautiful, and loved. This breaks my heart in so many places.:(

For what it's worth, her Cherokee clothing is sold through Target stores. There are several Target stores that are within travel distance of where this Angel was found. Houston, Webster, Pasadena, Pearland, Baytown, and Galveston.

Where this Angel was found on a small island near the intracoastal waterway, I wonder how far this/these murderous people would have traveled to dump her body. There is Dike road leading out of Texas City that ends at Galveston Bay. I wonder what type of plastic container she was found in. Certain name brands sold at certain stores.

Someone somewhere must be missing this Angel. I cannot believe noone has not noticed her missing..unless she was a hidden and abused child. Perhaps check the radius of some who have moved out of apartments within the last 3 weeks??? I know, a very broad search, but this Angel deserves nothing less.

GALVESTON, Texas (AP) -- Authorities were investigating the identity and cause of death of a young girl whose remains washed ashore inside a storage box on West Galveston Bay.
A fisherman called police after finding the plastic storage box containing the 3- to 5-year-old girl's body on Monday night, said Maj. Ray Tuttoilmondo of the Galveston County Sheriff's Office.
He said the girl had blonde hair reaching to the middle of her back and was dressed in a matching pink pullover top and broom skirt.
"The mere fact that this is a 3- to 5-year-old child makes this one disturbing," Tuttoilmondo said. "These are the kind of cases we take personally."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CHILDS_REMAINS?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

I haven't responded earlier to this beyond sad, sad case until now. I wish I could have simply held this child, in a gentle bear hug, and let her know she was special, beautiful, and loved. This breaks my heart in so many places.:(

For what it's worth, her Cherokee clothing is sold through Target stores. There are several Target stores that are within travel distance of where this Angel was found. Houston, Webster, Pasadena, Pearland, Baytown, and Galveston.

Where this Angel was found on a small island near the intracoastal waterway, I wonder how far this/these murderous people would have traveled to dump her body. There is Dike road leading out of Texas City that ends at Galveston Bay. I wonder what type of plastic container she was found in. Certain name brands sold at certain stores.

Someone somewhere must be missing this Angel. I cannot believe noone has not noticed her missing..unless she was a hidden and abused child. Perhaps check the radius of some who have moved out of apartments within the last 3 weeks??? I know, a very broad search, but this Angel deserves nothing less.

It was a blue Sturlock brand from the article. Also, there is a pic of a detective holding her little shoes. So sad.

It was a blue Sturlock brand from the article. Also, there is a pic of a detective holding her little shoes. So sad.

Thank you, ConcernedPerson, for this information. These items sold at Walmarts...Texas City, La Marque and 2 in Galveston.

I believe she lived in these surrounding areas. Someone packed her up and drove to a place to drop her in water where she floated to the island near Green Cuts Bay, close to Offatt Bayou , going by statements made by those who found her. How do the currents flow near the intracoastal waterway? I'm from the Northeast so I have no idea...

http://news.galvestondailynews.com/...ion=TheDailyNews:42F9498A192c334221yth31C51F3

The little girl’s blonde hair went to the middle of her back. A toddler, she wore a size 2T pink outfit and white tennis shoes with purple accents and little lights built into them.

That was almost all that was known Tuesday about the child. Still mysteries were her name, how her small skull came to be fractured, and why someone stuffed her body into a plastic container and dumped it into Galveston Bay.

and

The Galveston County Medical Examiner’s Office did not issue a formal cause of death Tuesday. Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Stephen Pustilnik handled the girl’s autopsy.

“Dr. Pustilnik was still conducting some tests,” said Maj. Ray Tuttoilmondo, senior official and spokesman for the sheriff’s office.

However, Pustilnik did find that the girl’s skull had been fractured at least once.

Many findings would not be immediately apparent, Tuttoilmondo said, because the child’s body was in a state of “extensive decomposition.”

The condition of her remains indicated the girl, likely 2 to 5 years old, had probably been dead at least two weeks. Detectives on Tuesday had found no missing child case that fit that timeframe.

more at link

Judging from all the info on her clothes and the container she was found in, I would say this is a middle class family where dollars counted. Dressed cute but within means of their resources. Her long blond hair is going to suggest a white family.

It also suggests anger problems within the family structure to have a young child with a fractured skull. I would look for DV reports from around the area and specifically the mother or wife. Maybe she was abused and some LE taking reports noticed a child that fits the description. The mother may be in mortal danger too if she didn't commit the crime herself. The child seems somewhat cared for as far as her attire but the fractured skull suggests otherwise.

The mother may be dead at this point and her body is not discovered or she is with the male who did this. Or she is hiding.

The container could be a huge clue. The reason I say this is if they were middle class and lived in an apartment these kind of containers are useless. There is only so much that fits. Typically one would have this kind of container for extra garage storage, fishing or sporting gear, etc. So, if one was purchased within the last few weeks somewhere and it was paid for by credit card...than boom...you have a lead.

If these people were regular homeowners than someone would have noticed the child missing as that is what neighbors do. If someone has received a story that baby Grace is visiting grandparents or something than they should call LE. It is very unlikely that a parent would allow their child to visit grandparents for weeks at a time. More likely less than week as this child was too young to be away from her parents for an extended period of time.

I would really like to have a good quality image of the shoe.......Is there anyone here who can find a photo of this shoe online(ebay,craigslist,walmart site).....I have looked through all of the above and can't find it.....although my ebay searching skills are more than lacking....I will be so grateful........

Kel

My grandson is on the small side also for being 2 and he weighs about 30 lbs. and wears a size 3T. A child would have to be very small if it was 5 and wearing this size clothing. I didn't mean for it to sound like other parents with small children must be abusing them. Cases like this upset me because there are so many people out there that would love to have a little girl. It's a shame that who ever did this didn't just leave her some place safe if they didn't want her any longer.

What a horrible ending to a beautiful life that was just beginning

Judging from all the info on her clothes and the container she was found in, I would say this is a middle class family where dollars counted. Dressed cute but within means of their resources. Her long blond hair is going to suggest a white family.

It also suggests anger problems within the family structure to have a young child with a fractured skull. I would look for DV reports from around the area and specifically the mother or wife. Maybe she was abused and some LE taking reports noticed a child that fits the description. The mother may be in mortal danger too if she didn't commit the crime herself. The child seems somewhat cared for as far as her attire but the fractured skull suggests otherwise.

The mother may be dead at this point and her body is not discovered or she is with the male who did this. Or she is hiding.

The container could be a huge clue. The reason I say this is if they were middle class and lived in an apartment these kind of containers are useless. There is only so much that fits. Typically one would have this kind of container for extra garage storage, fishing or sporting gear, etc. So, if one was purchased within the last few weeks somewhere and it was paid for by credit card...than boom...you have a lead.

If these people were regular homeowners than someone would have noticed the child missing as that is what neighbors do. If someone has received a story that baby Grace is visiting grandparents or something than they should call LE. It is very unlikely that a parent would allow their child to visit grandparents for weeks at a time. More likely less than week as this child was too young to be away from her parents for an extended period of time.

CP, you are exactly in thought process that I am! I actually spent time yesterday afternoon looking for missing women or any person in the news and found nothing within this time frame. I must state, the Mother was involved, even if not physically, but definitely emotionally. I do not think this family were/are homeowners. Apartment dwellers who may have moved much over the last several years or longer. I think there is a history of abuse and perhaps this particular Angel's family was not originally from this area and may have moved often. Hence, no one has been media alerted by this tragic news. I truly believe that after this Angel was dumped :( this family moved very, very quickly out of the area.

I know that this investigation would require many people going door to door (and Lord, how I wish I was there to help do this search!), but I do believe whom ever did this is not so far out of the radar than they believe. I do wish I could of held this child, even for a moment, so she never thought felt afraid or alone as her life faded away. I pray she had angels surrounding her. I truly, truly do.... This case brings tears to my heart. Literally.

What a sad story. :(
Wonder how many missing little girls were reported in that area?
Then again, the storage box could have come from anywhere and then dumped off.

I hope they find out who that little girl is, it just breaks my heart.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alhxo
Back