Found Alive TX - Rudolph 'Rudy' Farias, 17, Houston, 6 March 2015 *found beaten and unresponsive in 2023*

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the relatives and neighbours now talking, and the mother likely very aware, Rudy needs to be removed from that house...asap.
Agree. There has been an accusation of SA. Its investigation needs to be given due diligence, to include protecting the probable victim.
I don't know how that works with adults, even those who have special needs, if the person doesn't want to leave.
I would think that even if the SA accusation turns out to be not true, as unlikely as that may be, the "time out"/temporary separation for the family would be a good thing to 1) cool off, 2) lessen manipulation by family members of fact finding, and 3) finding out what kind of help RF really needs.
JMO.

Anyone else watching the family speaking to media? They’re backing QX and making a lot of statements about Janie. Alleging a cover up bc Janie has connections to HPD

Watching on KHOU11’s livestream on YouTube
Not snark. I wonder why they didn't report this sooner then. Those are some very serious and sick allegations. Why wouldn't they call authorities and blow cover on this whole mess?

Maybe I'm in the minority here. I actually thought HPD did a good job and treated everyone with respect. They divulged what information they could while still protecting the ongoing investigation. In fact, I hope the press conference turned the temperature down. The public and family are rightly concerned about what Janie and/or Rudy might do next, even speculating that the pressure may lead them to commit suicide. The approach by investigators should alleviate that concern. The only illegal activity they mentioned where false reporting misdemeanors that the DA declined to prosecute. Janie will feel less like she is cornered and Rudy has some of his privacy protected.

I definitely agree that LE will and did use PC in attempt to calm down the community of people following this case- harassment against Mom. Neighbor calling LE at Midnight just because she spotted Mom entering her house is clear example of overacting.

In this case, so far at least, QX is the only person claiming SA of Rudy by his mother.
The one investigator that was apparently in the room with him, stated clearly that he (Rudy) never made that claim.
I just logged on and have read back but not watched the PC yet.

So the investigator who was present is disputing what Q said? Even what Rudy supposedly said about being forced to sleep naked in his mom's bed, and having to act as "daddy" and a "husband" ?

So the investigator who was present is disputing what Q said? Even what Rudy supposedly said about being forced to sleep naked in his mom's bed, and having to act as "daddy" and a "husband" ?
They claim there were no allegations from Rudy, and that because he is an adult they have no say in him leaving with mom and cannot really investigate because "what do you expect us to do?" with a shrug when asked if it was possible he was still a victim and could have been brainwashed, abused mentally.

IIRC he acts as a liaison between the public and LE. Sort of tries to make sure people are protected in dealings with LE. But if he sees that people are up to no good, like with a missing person/child case, he goes public with what he knows. The community apparently tends to trust him and I’m thinking that LE often lets him go off because he can say things they may not for policy reasons.

I don’t know.

Recalling a past case he seemed to go into it trying to help the parents of a missing little girl but turned on them when facts came out indicating that they were involved in the disappearance and/or her neglect.
Agree! I don't know much about the activist but he was called to come to the meeting by Janie. And spoke to the media against Janie. If he facilitated Rudy being separated from his mother and speaking about the last 8 years with a detective present, he's been a huge asset here. The activist seemed genuinely distraught by what he'd heard. I doubt Rudy was explicit speaking about any sexual relationship at this interview, but given his affect the implications were clear enough for QX's emotional reaction. Even if Rudy was explicit, HPD needs to determine if what Rudy relayed constituted a crime and whether Rudy's disclosures could be substantiated. I don't see the activist's and detective's reactions as indications that one is lying. The investigators need facts; they can't go public with a visceral reaction as QX did.

Agree. There has been an accusation of SA. Its investigation needs to be given due diligence, to include protecting the probable victim.
I don't know how that works with adults, even those who have special needs, if the person doesn't want to leave.
I would think that even if the SA accusation turns out to be not true, as unlikely as that may be, the "time out"/temporary separation for the family would be a good thing to 1) cool off, 2) lessen manipulation by family members of fact finding, and 3) finding out what kind of help RF really needs.
JMO.

QX is the only one making those accusations though. The investigator clearly stated that Rudy did not.
So in this case, Rudy being the potential victim, if he's not making the accusation what can LE do?

Any life insurance experts here? Is it true that if a person is a beneficiary on a life insurance policy and they go missing, that a person has to be declared missing for three years before another person can claim the money?

Paraphrasing, the investigator only said Rudy did not make any SA allegations to him (the investigator) and basically left it at that.

As for the apparent nonchalance of the tall detective next to the chief, I think that was purposeful and helpful to the investigation. HPD needs cooperation from the people at the center of the case. If the investigators intended to convey that is not an urgent situation requiring immediate drastic action, they did so. Combining it with the press conference on dashcams, which is something getting attention locally, and leading off with the dashcams was an excellent way to turn down the temperature and encourage cooperation. The public humiliation or hounding of Janie and Rudy is unproductive and could have disastrous consequences for Rudy.

I don’t have personal experience with state protection agencies but my impression is that they are not effective in all situations especially older teens and adults. The agencies view themselves as limited to properly support cases not involving court orders. It’s exactly the same failure in mental health care. An adult can’t be forced to comply without legal action but even then the support is ineffective due to lack of funding and insurance coverage. It’s an issue that continues to be ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror