TX - Sandra Bland, 28, found dead in jail cell, Waller County, 13 July 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not just watch the video? Anyway, this is the most complete transcript I can find covering 8:40-15:25.

Cop: Ok, Ma’am. You ok?

SB: I’m waitin’ on you. This is your job. I’m waitin’ on you…

Cop: You seem very irritated.

SB: I am. I really am because I feel like what I’m getting a ticket for, I was getting out of your way. You were speeding up, tailing me, so I move over, and you stop me. So, yeah, I am a little irritated, but that doesn’t stop you from giving me a ticket.

Cop: Are you done?

SB: You asked me what was wrong and I told you. So now I’m done, yeah.

Cop: Ok. You mind putting out your cigarette, please?

SB: I’m in my car. Why do I have to put out my cigarette?

Cop: Well you can step on out now

ETA Respectfully snipped for space

RESPECTFULLY, MY COMMENT ....(The one you quoted)
I wish we had 1 transcript from the very first moment Trooper BE uttered his first word on the passenger side to the last of the conversation with Trooper BE and whomever he was on phone with. A FACTUAL TRANSCRIPT. Verbatim. Time stamps could be added for clarity later, to show how fast it actually went down. Context of what and when said. So much is said and twisted making it a total different situation than actuality. jmho and wish

First your comment starts when Trooper BE returns to Sandra Bland car 2nd time... maybe you over looked that part of my orig comment.... Now, to respond to your comment, which doesn't have a link but from looking at it, it isn't verbatim either.
Cop: Ok. You mind putting out your cigarette, please? Whomever did the transcription.... left out if you don't mind.....part of that exchange Back to my wishing...:waiting:

It seems there is a difference in how much THC gets into the blood with edibles as opposed to inhalation:

And what you already have in your system matters more with edible marijuana – whether you’ve eaten recently or not, or have other meds in your body can also affect how the active ingredient, THC, is metabolized. These variables can change “the amount in the blood five-fold,” says Franson. “The THC will compete for metabolism in the liver with other drugs. Things that are inhaled can go directly to the brain and not have these interactions. So even confident users can get surprised with an edible.”
http://www.forbes.com/sites/alicegw...ing-marijuana-really-riskier-than-smoking-it/

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...dible-marijuana-is-stronger-than-smoking.html

“In a nutshell, eaten cannabis gets metabolized by the liver, so delta-9 THC becomes 11-hydroxy-THC, which passes the blood-brain barrier more rapidly and has more of a psychedelic effect than standard THC,” says Understanding Marijuana author Mitch Earleywine, a professor of psychology at the State University of New York at Albany. “Smoked or vaporized cannabis bypasses the liver and doesn’t create the same 11-hydroxy-THC.”

The key difference is in how it’s metabolized, says Ware. “Anything going through the stomach goes through the liver first,” before it gets into the blood, he explains, a process called first-pass metabolism. Cannabis absorbed through the lungs goes straight to the brain, but is only metabolized by the liver on the second pass. When the liver metabolizes delta-9 THC to 11-hydroxy THC, users feel the “combined effect of the two.”

Thanks!!! reminds me of the text message from the DA to the Family Attorney saying "that another test that customarily wasn't done with custody deaths but the large amount of drugs in her body would need another procedure. If you can share your autopsy results or allow us to talk to your expert as we may be able to work things out. No one had any idea she would've been smoking that much marijuana or possibly injested it during the stop"

What I want to know is why the trooper decided to do a U-turn and tail-gate her? From the dash cam, she did not seem to be doing anything unusual.

For people commenting on her 'stupid actions' -- can you imagine what it must be like to be a black person in this country under the particular climate of overall police brutality perpetuated against black bodies?

Anyone would react in manner that would be indicative of experiences of life-long racial profiling and what that could actually do to a person...

What I want to know is why the trooper decided to do a U-turn and tail-gate her? From the dash cam, she did not seem to be doing anything unusual.

For people commenting on her 'stupid actions' -- can you imagine what it must be like to be a black person in this country under the particular climate of overall police brutality perpetuated against black bodies?

Anyone would react in manner that would be indicative of experiences of life-long racial profiling and what that could actually do to a person...

She didn't signal. I have seen whites get a similar ticket.

As someone who has been pulled over before on a bogus bull crap thing: cops don't like it when you know your rights and exercise them. But I remained respectful and it all worked out. It took almost an hour but it all worked out. He even apologized to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that a little time has passed, I am even more flabbergasted at how he treated her.

To tell her he is going to yank her out of her car and light her up. Knee in her back.

I imagine the whole thing was too unreal. So classic of the power hungry person.

Respectfully BBM, I would encourage you to watch again, at the 1:18 mark Sandra Bland doesn't stop at the stop sign, that you can see is a stop sign when the Trooper makes the U~Turn in that spot. He then speeds up to her, JMHO because of the redacted part, runs her plate info, prior to stopping her. Sandra Bland changes lanes and didn't use her turn signal. All with few minutes shy of 1 min from her running stop sign. JMHO from the dash cam video. ws sandra bland ran stop sign 118 on video.JPG

News Release

July 21, 2015
DPS Releases Video of Sandra Bland Traffic Stop

AUSTIN – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) leadership today briefed state leaders in Prairie View, Texas, on the ongoing Sandra Bland investigation. Today DPS is also making available the dash camera video from the traffic stop of her vehicle on July 10, 2015.

“DPS has been working closely with the family of Ms. Bland during this investigation, and the department extends our sincere condolences for their tragic loss,” said DPS Director Steven McCraw. “It is important that her family has confidence in the efficacy of this investigation, which is why the Waller County Sheriff’s Office and District Attorney originally requested investigative assistance from the Texas Rangers; and it’s also why DPS requested the FBI assist in this investigation.”

“This team of investigators is committed to conducting a throrough and impartial investigation. When the Texas Rangers and FBI investigation is complete, it will be turned over for review by the District Attorney, who has indicated it will also be brought before a grand jury,” said Director McCraw.

Pending the outcome of the investigation, Trooper Brian Encinia, who conducted the traffic stop, has been assigned administrative duties. Once the investigation has concluded, any violations of DPS protocols or procedures will be addressed.http://www.dps.texas.gov/director_staff/media_and_communications/2015/pr20150721.htm

So am I understanding correctly, that it is the Traffic Stop that will be going to the Grand Jury after the Investigation?

Anything that happened at the Jail is separate issue, not pertaining to Trooper BE. JMHO, that's where a lot of people are having issues, they are two separate situations. I do understand that she wouldn't be in jail if hadn't been for the arrest, but she was a participant in the getting arrested. And it's not Trooper BE fault that she committed suicide.

So, IF, he were to be indicted by the Grand Jury, curious what they could indict him for? Any thoughts. Honest and Serious question.

indictment
n. a charge of a felony (serious crime) voted by a Grand Jury based upon a proposed charge, witnesses' testimony and other evidence presented by the public prosecutor (District Attorney). To bring an indictment the Grand Jury will not find guilt, but only the probability that a crime was committed, that the accused person did it and that he/she should be tried. District Attorneys often only introduce key facts sufficient to show the probability, both to save time and to avoid revealing all the evidence. The Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution provides that "No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on presentment of a Grand Jury…." However, while grand juries are common in charging federal crimes, many states use grand juries sparingly and use the criminal complaint, followed by a "preliminary hearing" held by a lower court judge or other magistrate, who will determine whether or not the prosecutor has presented sufficient evidence that the accused has committed a felony. If the judge finds there is enough evidence, he/she will order the case sent to the appropriate court for trial. http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=943

I believe Sandra in her videoes about having "a little bit of depression and PTSD."

Just because her family didn't know about it, doesn't mean she didn't have it. I read somewhere SB and her mom didn't have contact for a long time until they had vacationed together just weeks before this happened and the relationship seemed to be good again.

Her sister says she's never been diagnosed with PTSD. SB is a grown woman - her medical info is between her and her doctors.

And SB herself says she is talking about it to remove the stigma in the black community.

I don't think anyone chooses a pretend "stigma" just to fight it's case!

Now that a little time has passed, I am even more flabbergasted at how he treated her.

To tell her he is going to yank her out of her car and light her up. Knee in her back.

I imagine the whole thing was too unreal. So classic of the power hungry person.
Unless Trooper BE put his knee in her back prior to this, its the Female Officer that is over her in this cell phone video. Trooper knee is on the ground.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/ne...deo-Sandra-Blands-arrest-later-died-jail.html

I believe Sandra in her videoes about having "a little bit of depression and PTSD."

Just because her family didn't know about it, doesn't mean she didn't have it. I read somewhere SB and her mom didn't have contact for a long time until they had vacationed together just weeks before this happened and the relationship seemed to be good again.

Her sister says she's never been diagnosed with PTSD. SB is a grown woman - her medical info is between her and her doctors.

And SB herself says she is talking about it to remove the stigma in the black community.

Not sure that's true. IMO, I don't consider it a stigma to be AA, but many think it's a stigma. This person thought so, and see the lengths she went to in order to fight her case. People embellish/make things up all the time.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...tending-be-black-resigning-naacp-post-n375641

I agree. I believe what Sandra Bland said from her own mouth from her own video. As sad as it is, I get the feeling she was estranged from her family. Being that short of time since she and her Mother made amends, maybe Mother thought she just messed up again. I am glad for the Mother, that they did have that time together so recent. JMHO

Reed-Veal, Bland's mother, told the congregation that she had a strained relationship with her daughter over the last few years. She spoke of how lucky she felt that, three weeks ago, just one week before her daughter died, the two took a road trip together.

The trip, filled with music, laughter and stories, instantly rekindled their relationship. And Reed-Veal said she couldn't be more grateful.

“We talked about things she'd done and was disappointed by, and said she was sorry. I said I was sorry,” Reed-Veal said. “To have had that last week with her cleared up everything.”http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...s/ct-sandra-bland-funeral-20150725-story.html

Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post

Not sure that's true. IMO, I don't consider it a stigma to be AA, but many think it's a stigma. This person thought so, and see the lengths she went to in order to fight her case. People embellish/make things up all the time.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...tending-be-black-resigning-naacp-post-n375641
I may be misunderstanding, but I understood the "stigma", in Norwegian comment was having depression and PTSD. JMHO

I may be misunderstanding, but I understood the "stigma", in Norwegian comment was having depression and PTSD. JMHO

I believe you're correct. I'm just saying that in general, it's not unheard of and was illustrating the lengths people will go to. I don't know what is true or not true in regard to SB. I've seen a lot of stories and even been personally acquainted with people who I've suspected of exaggerating or making up things even though society at large may consider such conditions to be a stigma. Some I know have been proven to manufacture stories. I just don't take a person's statements at face value. Seen too much to the contrary.

How could Trooper BE ~LOOK HER SQUARE IN THE FACE????

CANNON LAMBERT: When I look at Sandy and I see that she is doing nothing more than saying, "I want to be treated the right way, I want to be treated equal," I say, "I celebrate you, sister." That’s the way I see it. I don’t think that there’s anything wrong with making a stand when it comes to being treated fairly. You know, it is hard for me to get beyond the fact that this officer that stopped her made a U-turn right after looking her right square in her face, as she made a right-hand turn to go about her business. She didn’t do anything wrong when she made the right-hand turn. She didn’t do anything wrong when she was traversing down the street. It looked very much like she was targeted.http://www.democracynow.org/2015/7/27/sandra_bland_laid_to_rest_first

Being AA is not a stigma, having a mental illness is.

I understand that in your post you were referring to mental illness. I stated that to me, being AA is not a stigma. However, I believe many people of different races/ethnic backgrounds may believe differently.

Sandra Bland Laid to Rest; First Black Judge in Waller County Demands Sheriff Resign over Her Death
*Dewayne Charleston is the Judge*
snip about the Sheriff of Waller Cty

DEWAYNE CHARLESTON: You know, as I understand it, it was a pretty big media event back then. It was some years ago. When he was the chief of police, he had pulled—among other incidents that he was held accountable for, he pulled some African Americans over. I think he had a couple of his men with him. And they were searched in the street. They were—they had their pants pulled down and underwear pulled down and privates exposed, and they began to strip these guys in public. And there was testimony that he or one of his men began to ridicule the parts of their anatomy. And when it came to the attention of the city council, he was voted to be terminated. This was just part and parcel of their effort to intimidate, ridicule and malign, with an incredible sense of impunity. And I think that what happened to Sandy Bland is just an extension of that culture.

AMY GOODMAN: As the Times put it today, reinforcing what you’re saying about his history, they said, "A decade ago, Hempstead’s only full-time black police officer sued, alleging that Chief Smith had dismissed him on a trumped-up charge after he complained about his supervisor’s racial slurs. An African-American couple also sued, alleging that Chief Smith had turned them away when they reported that a white man had assaulted their 7-year-old son at Pee-Wee football practice.

"Those suits were dismissed, but in 2007 city officials suspended Chief Smith after he pushed a black man who he said had spit on him in the street. The next year, after complaints about officers who executed faulty warrants against black residents and searched a young [black man’s] underwear in public, he was fired."http://www.democracynow.org/2015/7/27/sandra_bland_laid_to_rest_first

ETA Respectfully snipped for space

RESPECTFULLY, MY COMMENT ....(The one you quoted)

First your comment starts when Trooper BE returns to Sandra Bland car 2nd time... maybe you over looked that part of my orig comment.... Now, to respond to your comment, which doesn't have a link but from looking at it, it isn't verbatim either.
Cop: Ok. You mind putting out your cigarette, please? Whomever did the transcription.... left out if you don't mind.....part of that exchange Back to my wishing...:waiting:

Feel free to watch the video and transcribe it while watching it. Someone will have to sit down and do it in order to get a full transcription.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangomouse