Found Deceased TX - Savanah Soto, 18, Leon Valley, 22 December 2023 #2 *Arrests*

archenemy toenail

What happened to HaLeigh?
Reaction score
“Leon Valley Police are searching for a pregnant teenager last seen at her apartment complex.

The mother of 18-year-old Savanah Nicole Soto said she last heard from her daughter on Friday. The police chief confirmed there is an ongoing missing persons investigation.

Gloria Cordova said Soto was a week past her due date and was set to be induced Saturday night but never showed up to the hospital.”

Yikes.

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what you would classify a Ford Pinto, but that's what I drove when I was pregnant.

Low Rider culture is not much prevalent in Texas. It's more of a California thing.

A Kia is just an inexpensive sedan. My son has a Kia. My daughter in law drove it when she was pregnant.
My son's Kia has a fairly low carriage - It helps prevent catalytic convert theft.

Anyway, I'm sure Savanah wouldn't have trouble getting in and out of the KIa.

However, I don't think that is her driving and getting out of the Kia because she was fairly large and pregnant. She would have waddled up and down. The person in the video is thin and agile.

According to the stats posted last evening, their Optima is 5.3" from the ground and that's low in my own opinion. It is not worth more of my time.

"However, I don't think that is her driving and getting out of the Kia because she was fairly large and pregnant. She would have waddled up and down. The person in the video is thin and agile."

Friday Fan, I've not read one post where anyone claimed that Savanah was driving that Kia we see in the released video.

Detectives believe Savanah and Matthew were already dead when the video was taken.

I mistakenly referred to the Kia as a low rider car, forgetting low-rider cars are an actual thing. Perhaps a better term would be a low riding car. Only making the point that it would be hard for a pg lady to enter and exit and how that might have come into play during their deaths, if she was ordered out of the car. Nothing to do with low-rider vehicles. Sorry for any confusion.

Lowrider - Wikipedia.

My opinion:

MG was enroute to settle a score with someone. Maybe he wanted to have a clear path home for his child.

Let's assume that he owed someone a lot of money and made arrangements to meet said person on that day. Perhaps SS was afraid if he went alone that her child would be fatherless. She could have assumed that if she went, nothing bad would happen... after all, no one would kill a woman getting ready to deliver her first baby

OR

Maybe MG took SS with him believing that her presence would ensure his safety?

JMO

I think they wanted to inflict more pain & torture on them than simply killing them in the car... and I don't think savanah would willingly leave home without her PHONE (she's 18...) or her purse. doesn't make sense to me. so i think someone got to them at home, moved them to a secondary location, did what they did, put them in the car. why else would the scene be "perplexing" as the cops say! this is just my opinion given all the news articles i have read.

I don't think they went out for a quick deal. The car seat situation was weird to me since the beginning. Since it would seem a lot easier to just toss it out of the car. Maybe they went out to the car to install the car seat. The baby would be coming home soon. Would explain everything being left inside if they had just planned on going out, installing the baby seat, and coming back in. Someone caught them off guard, maybe at gunpoint, SS gets into the car holding the car seat because the person is in the back.

I wonder if there are any cameras in SS & MG's apartment complexes.

I don't think they went out for a quick deal. The car seat situation was weird to me since the beginning. Since it would seem a lot easier to just toss it out of the car. Maybe they went out to the car to install the car seat. The baby would be coming home soon. Would explain everything being left inside if they had just planned on going out, installing the baby seat, and coming back in. Someone caught them off guard, maybe at gunpoint, SS gets into the car holding the car seat because the person is in the back.

IMO the car seat was already in the car and it was placed over SS to conceal her face especially if they were driving with bodies. The front tint on that vehicle is not dark at all

You would think if it was just a quick trip to the car to install the car seat, MG could have handled that himself. No need for Savanna to go to the car given the condition she was in.

JMO

You would think if it was just a quick trip to the car to install the car seat, MG could have handled that himself. No need for Savanna to go to the car given the condition she was in.

JMO
I think it's more like he was going to run out to do a quick deal and she said, "Don't leave me here by myself; my water could break at any minute. I'll ride along, we'll be right back."

With the discussion about whether or not the driver of the Kia caught on the security footage has a ponytail, I’ve wondered if they were going to make a quick deal and Savanah came along because he was selling to a girl and she didn’t want him to be alone with her.

I think it's more like he was going to run out to do a quick deal and she said, "Don't leave me here by myself; my water could break at any minute. I'll ride along, we'll be right back."
@calo44 I was quoting another member that said they both may have gone out to the car to install the car seat and were possibly ambushed before returning to the apartment, not actually leaving the apartment complex. (If that were the case I don't think SS would have left the apartment, MG could have installed the seat by himself)

If MG was going to be leaving their apartment complex for any amount of time and she wanted to go along because of the possibility of something such as her water breaking, don't you think she would have taken her phone and purse along with her so she could call her mother and other relatives to inform them of the situation????? Not to mention she would need her ID to be admitted to the hospital if they should need to make an emergency trip there if something happened.

Young girls and phone are attached to each other by this invisible mysterious cord. Where one goes the other follows and without both, the other one can't function. I have had to turn around and go back home because of daughters and forgotten phones. NO way was life going to continue for her without it, even if it was only for an hour.

JMO

I think they wanted to inflict more pain & torture on them than simply killing them in the car... and I don't think savanah would willingly leave home without her PHONE (she's 18...) or her purse. doesn't make sense to me. so i think someone got to them at home, moved them to a secondary location, did what they did, put them in the car. why else would the scene be "perplexing" as the cops say! this is just my opinion given all the news articles i have read.

Just some thoughts but maybe SS didn't take her phone so she couldn't be traced if they were going to either do a deal or have a difficult conversation with someone higher in a gang, they might have been ordered not to bring a phone except a burner?

As for perplexing I wonder if as LE initially thought they were looking for a murder / suicide? Or maybe they weren't shot in the car then the scene would not be covered in spatter, which would be confusing. I'm not an expert in ballistics but I've always thought even with a small handgun the exit blows a huge hole and is horrific for example when people take their own lives, small hole in the front and then the rest all blown up. Wouldn't that car be full of blood and spray and pieces of skull?

Also the driver, I think they tried to exit the vehicle to run or leave, why they have the door swung open far before the actual meet up? I think they wanted to get out and leave and the big man pushed or ordered them back in but then they only dump the car not much further round the corner. Maybe they were supposed to take it elsewhere and failed to continue? I imagine everyone involved's life is now at risk as they're all witness against one another who could potentially give evidence.

I was thinking this but then they would have taken all her things and the hospital bag surely? Just in case.

A few things I’ve been thinking about. If both MG and SS were shot “somewhere else/not in the car” and moved back into their car, they would had to do so within a timeframe before rigor mortis sets in. The bodies would be stiff and difficult to move. The Kia driver could have been wearing a mask/scarf over their face due to the odor of the bodies beginning to decompose. If temperatures are cool, it slows the process down, if warm, it speeds things up. The ME would be able to determine the time of death, or close to it, which is important to LE. Not a pleasant topic at all, but thought it was worth bringing up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back