Found Deceased TX - Savanah Soto, 18, Leon Valley, 22 December 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip> Savanah was not listed as deceased on the Bexar County Website.

Any thoughts on why they wouldn't list her on there, but it has been announced everywhere where else?

It gave me pause because the sister in law first reported that Savanah was in really bad shape, but then said the family was grieving.

From your link: "This search is for records of all death cases reported to, examined by or certified by the Bexar County Medical Examiner’s Office during the selected time frame (within the last 30 days). It is not a comprehensive listing of all deaths in Bexar County."

My guess is that her autopsy has not yet been certified by the medical examiner. Due to the circumstances of her being pregnant at the time of death, her autopsy may take longer, as it could involve the autopsy of her unborn child. MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Joe, just for clarity's sake, Savanah was to be induced at 6:30 pm, not 6:30 am. Not sure why the news source got this wrong. The link they provide to mom's FB says this:

Gloria Cordova

My daughter is missing she was scheduled to be induced at 6:30 pm and never showed up. If you see her please reach out to me and lmk where you seen her. I’m worried about her safety she is w her boyfriend who is no good.
Prayer for my baby girl.
I thought long and hard and researched the AM, PM that Savanna's mother posted on FB before I made that post. I think Savanna's mother got her AM and PM crossed on the Facebook post. There are plenty of MSM articles that say Savannah didn't show up "early Saturday morning". Even seen one that said her mother after searching all day posted that message on FB that evening. (Can't find it now)

Here is one about MG's father and stepmother explaining when they started panicking when they couldn't reach their son and his girlfriend. I doubt they started panicking at 2:30 PM on the day of Savanna's appointment if the appointment was indeed at 6:30 PM.

"Once it was, like, the 2:30 p.m. mark, we started panicking," Gabriel and Raquel Guerra, Matthew Guerra's father and stepmother, recalled as they tried to get in touch with the expectant parents the day Soto was set to be induced. "I started calling. I'm calling, racing home, racing over there, calling police."

The Guerras said they called 911 when they sensed their son and his girlfriend were in trouble. The husband and wife, who live in Bexar County, were routed to the Bexar County Sheriff's Office and initially tried to file their missing reports for the expectant parents with them, they said. Soto's family, who live in San Antonio, routed to San Antonio Police, they said. But because Guerra and Soto lived in Leon Valley, the missing persons report had to be filed with the Leon Valley Police Department.

If the plan was to just shoot them both, why risk the chance of him running when he got out of the car if he suspected something?

Shooting them both from the back seat would be quick and easy. Pop, Pop, when they are not expecting it.

JMO

I agree with your assessment. <modsnip: rumor> JMO

Yup. We’ve followed many cases on here where the phone is long gone, but thanks to phone records (calls, location data, etc), that phone still has one hell of a story to tell. Hopefully they receive them quickly, as they can also lead to further evidence that is time sensitive, like surveillance video.
How do phone records work with burner phone? Boyfriend doesn’t strike me as the type to have a contract with a major carrier, for various reasons.

Hi Joe, just for clarity's sake, Savanah was to be induced at 6:30 pm, not 6:30 am. Not sure why the news source got this wrong. The link they provide to mom's FB says this:

Gloria Cordova

My daughter is missing she was scheduled to be induced at 6:30 pm and never showed up. If you see her please reach out to me and lmk where you seen her. I’m worried about her safety she is w her boyfriend who is no good.
Prayer for my baby girl.
I think her mother meant 6:30 am. JMO

Last edited:

12/27/23

He was also charged with failing to comply with the Battering Intervention and Prevention Program the court had ordered him to attend as a result of his Christmas Day assault on Soto.

A later probation order issued in June 2023 allowed Guerra to have contact with Soto so long as it was not "harmful or injurious." The probation order banned Guerra from possessing firearms. The judge also extended the end of Guerra's probation from June 2024 to February 2025.

Mariah Medina, an investigative reporter with News 4 San Antonio, posted the documents on X, formerly Twitter, on Tuesday.

San Antonio Police are leading the investigation into the couple's deaths. The Bexar County Medical Examiner will conduct autopsies to determine the cause and manner of their deaths.
I know Newsweek doesn’t have the most sterling reputation to begin with, but I’m fairly shocked that they posted this article stating her boyfriend murdered her. The other news outlets I have seen are referring to MG as a victim, or otherwise havent drawn conclusions yet. It’s a pretty bold accusation to make, and highly irresponsible if not true. Just curious, are reporters held accountable for such hefty errors anymore? I remember in my journalism classes (I am far from a journalist btw, just took a few classes in high school by requirement) it was heavily stressed to do proper fact checking to avoid slander/libel. Is that just not a thing anymore? Disappointing. All IMO.

sadly I have seen a few drug deals in my life. "Buyer" gets in car with "seller" usually parked somewhere not to attract attention. In this case, she's very pregnant and probably doesn't want to get out and squish into back seat while business is happening so boyfriend hands her car seat from back and gets in back there with buyer. Buyer either has a grudge or wants revenge or plans on robbing boyfriend, shoots him and then her in the back of the head. I bet boyfriend was in back seat drivers side. Car seat was just in back seat because she was heading to be induced soon. Chances are she had gotten it prior to this incident. If you ever watch the first 48, you will totally get what I think may have happened. Just my opinion
You're probably right that this is a drug rip gone bad.

How do phone records work with burner phone? Boyfriend doesn’t strike me as the type to have a contract with a major carrier, for various reasons.
Depends on what company the phone is registered with. Some of the telcos are resold and resold again and it is near impossible to track down. His phone could be pay as you go or is not registered on a network at all as in no sim card.

If the plan was to just shoot them both, why risk the chance of him running when he got out of the car if he suspected something?

Shooting them both from the back seat would be quick and easy. Pop, Pop, when they are not expecting it.

JMO
That's exactly what I think. If they were shot while in the car, there would be blood spatter all over the windshield and all over the back of the front seats, JMO

I thought long and hard and researched the AM, PM that Savanna's mother posted on FB before I made that post. I think Savanna's mother got her AM and PM crossed on the Facebook post. There are plenty of MSM articles that say Savannah didn't show up "early Saturday morning". Even seen one that said her mother after searching all day posted that message on FB that evening. (Can't find it now)

Here is one about MG's father and stepmother explaining when they started panicking when they couldn't reach their son and his girlfriend. I doubt they started panicking at 2:30 PM on the day of Savanna's appointment if the appointment was indeed at 6:30 PM.

"Once it was, like, the 2:30 p.m. mark, we started panicking," Gabriel and Raquel Guerra, Matthew Guerra's father and stepmother, recalled as they tried to get in touch with the expectant parents the day Soto was set to be induced. "I started calling. I'm calling, racing home, racing over there, calling police."

The Guerras said they called 911 when they sensed their son and his girlfriend were in trouble. The husband and wife, who live in Bexar County, were routed to the Bexar County Sheriff's Office and initially tried to file their missing reports for the expectant parents with them, they said. Soto's family, who live in San Antonio, routed to San Antonio Police, they said. But because Guerra and Soto lived in Leon Valley, the missing persons report had to be filed with the Leon Valley Police Department.

Darn it, Joe. LOL Now I'm down a rabbit hole trying to figure this out.

Savanah was last seen leaving her apartments at Valencia Lofts off Grissom Road around 2 p.m. Friday. Her family noticed something was off when she did not show up to her hospital appointment Saturday night to be induced.

I think evening inductions are fairly common. I was induced at night. <modsnip> I have had friends also asked to arrive in the evening. What tends to happen is other mothers/babies get released in the morning/afternoon and then they have space for another mother to arrive in the evening to begin the induction. So I think 630pm for a planned induction does sound pretty normal.

That's exactly what I think. If they were shot while in the car, there would be blood spatter all over the windshield and all over the back of the front seats, JMO

yep.. I keep thinking we would have heard/seen all that blood splatter too.
But, they just don't seem to be clearing up what they mean by "complexing crime scene".
We will know more facts soon, but maybe not the truth.

I wonder if the car seat was being used to cover/hide the victim in the front seat after she was shot. All parents know how big and awkward those are, no way in hell is a heavily pregnant woman, already past due date, is voluntarily going to have that on her belly, how would it even fit in the front seat without it hiding her?
Getting into the backseat and shooting someone from behind, means keeping the victim from seeing or suspecting anything. The car seat could be used to hide her, and laying out in the backseat could hide the shooter's body. The problem with them both being shot just once, probably with close contact, means no one was moving about when the shots were fired. Both of them are unsuspecting and holding still?
I don't see someone shooting either of them and then conveniently being in a position to neatly kill the other with one shot.
If there is no gun in the car, there is the issue of that car sitting there, unlocked for days.

yep.. I keep thinking we would have heard/seen all that blood splatter too.
But, they just don't seem to be clearing up what they mean by "complexing crime scene".
We will know more facts soon, but maybe not the truth.
It’s perplexing to me that a very pregnant woman was holding a car seat on her lap in the front seat, so maybe that was at least part of why it was perplexing. Also maybe because he was in the back and she in the front. I think those things alone beg questions and require extra investigation into what in the world happened here and why the chief couldn’t immediately say much about the scene and what occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prosoham