Found Deceased TX - Savanah Soto, 18, Leon Valley, 22 December 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just learned about Telegram and what it is from this case. Parents now days must have a heck of a time trying to keep track of all the social platforms.
This parent (me) gave up monitoring a long time ago and operates fully on trust.

In the end, children easily have enough knowledge obtain and use a social media platform that I have never heard of and then conceal it on their phones in a way that I would never find.

I can see why LE may have found it “perplexing“ on one hand it sort of feels professional when we hear the manner of death. On the other hand they let themselves be seen on surveillance camera. I wonder if professionals would be so careless? I have a feeling we will have an arrest here very soon.

I don't know about this belly. I think he is a big guy, but, still seems like either stuff is in the shirt or a Vest is under it. Not that it really matters.. its just odd.

1703977616653.png
Thanks for posting about this. Everything about it is questionable. A stomach that size looks almost unreal. The person doesn't seem as hindered as they should be. So, I don't know.

I do think it matters because are they trying to hide their identity or is that how they look. Gender would matter and appearance for sure. If they actually look like that, and have that distinctive stomach then that person should stand out like a sore thumb red flag to LE.

All I know is I am anxiously awaiting, I mean anticipating with bated breath, the arrest of this perp. Eager to see a clear pic of this perp. I want to see the perp walk when the arrest is made. I want to see that mug shot. The sooner the better! MOO

Since the driver of the KIA was out and back in the car so fast I feel like it's possible the big guy admonished her and told her to get back in the car now and she did. If so it was a rookie mistake that was long enough to get some idea of the person's hair.
That was also my impression of watching the video clip … I don’t think the “driver” was supposed to exit the vehicle at that point either …

I also don’t think the larger (obese) person in the white shirt, in the video had anything under his shirt, but instead has an “apron“, or what is also medically known as an “panniculus”… IMO

A panniculus is an apron of excess skin and fat hanging from the abdomen below the waistline. This excess skin and fat are secondary to weight gain and can sometimes cover the anterior thighs, hips, and knees. A large panniculus can lead to severe impacts on patients' mobility and activities of daily life. Skin infections and rashes are common complaints of patients with a substantially large panniculus due to constant irritation and sweating.

IMO

View attachment 471095
Thanks for posting about this. Everything about it is questionable. A stomach that size looks almost unreal. The person doesn't seem as hindered as they should be. So, I don't know.

I do think it matters because are they trying to hide their identity or is that how they look. Gender would matter and appearance for sure. If they actually look like that, and have that distinctive stomach then that person should stand out like a sore thumb red flag to LE.

All I know is I am anxiously awaiting, I mean anticipating with bated breath, the arrest of this perp. Eager to see a clear pic of this perp. I want to see the perp walk when the arrest is made. I want to see that mug shot. The sooner the better! MOO
Jumping off your post, not aimed at you :)

I've seen folks with a stomach like this in RL many times- I don't understand why some feel it's not exactly what it looks like in the photo. Google images is full of examples that look just like this? I'm sure the color of his shirt and quality of the video has a element of distortion, to top it off.

View attachment 471093

I am probably wrong but I am under the impression they are hiding something under their shirt. I noticed that when the perp in the white shirt is getting out of the truck they suddenly reach down as though to catch their or cradle their stomach and to keep it from falling to the ground. However, unless they have a health problem that caused them to lose or lack a large portion of their abdominal muscles or their pregnant and they felt like their baby was about to immediately drop, I don’t think that should be a problem and they shouldn’t have to carry their abdomen around.

Also, after this perp reached the Kia door and seems to have chat with the perp in MG’s and SS’ car, they move back and forth between the car and the truck without having to cradle themselves. Their shirt or abdomen also appears flatter or seems to have a reduced curvature as their body moves more freely. JMO

Another possibility for a large stomach is ascites due to liver disease:

Of course it could also be a large “front porch” as I’ve heard it called or a pannus, but just thought I’d throw out another option. LOL, IMO.

View attachment 471093

Thank you for posting that pic…exactly what I mean when I say that doesn’t seem like a beer belly to me. Way too exaggerated and doesn’t look anything like the beer bellies I’ve seen. Then again stranger things have happened so I really don’t know

True, but remember genetic DNA that is being used now. She may not have prints on file assuming that’s what happened here, but DNA from her or him could match to familial DNA in a database...
Texas is one of a small number of states (12 last time I checked), that allow Codis to be searched for familial matches. As crime tends to run in families, it's a valuable tool (separate from what we typically see with genetic genealogy, which uses a public database of DNA uploaded by users from companies like Ancestry. I think there's a good chance that at least one of the people involved here is already in the system though. Catch one and you're well on your way to catching them all; someone will cooperate.

I am probably wrong but I am under the impression they are hiding something under their shirt. I noticed that when the perp in the white shirt is getting out of the truck they suddenly reach down as though to catch their or cradle their stomach and to keep it from falling to the ground...
1703980434747.png Re-posting this, so it's easy to see what we're talking about.

We don't believe just anything, do we? ;)
Good observations! I've tried to decide if that shirt fits right even up towards the shoulders, and the armholes. That hanging tummy doesn't look like just extra loose skin, it looks full volume heavy like it could be to transport something heavy in there. (I remember there were robbers of restaurants that wore the fake pregnant bellies. Gee, you could carry a lot in one- guns, paper towel rolls, etc.,)
...Way too exaggerated and doesn’t look anything like the beer bellies I’ve seen ‍♀️
I've even tried to see if there's back fat. I didn't see much of that, and even smaller frames can have visible back fat. It's driving me crazy with curiosity.

ETA-- I honestly don't know if it's fake or real. Do a search and look at pics of obese hanging bellies and you can see somewhat similar, so I don't know. Can't wait for an arrest, then we'll know.

Last edited:
View attachment 471102 Re-posting this, so it's easy to see what we're talking about.

We don't believe just anything, do we? ;)
Good observations! I've tried to decide if that shirt fits right even up towards the shoulders, and the armholes. That hanging tummy doesn't look like just extra loose skin, it looks full volume heavy like it could be something transported in there.

I've even tried to see if there's back fat. I didn't see much of that, and even smaller frames can have visible back fat. It's driving me crazy with curiosity.
Admittedly I didn’t know what pannus was so I could sort of see it being that. Although just from this screenshot it still looks a little different than google images. His seems to be more outward from his body whereas all others are directly against the body and hang farther down. JMO.

What I will say is if that really is his belly and he’s not hiding anything, it’s highly highly doubtful he did the actual killing, at least of MG. I know guns make people comply but even so, a person with a belly THAT big is not going to be moving around inside a Kia with (at least) two other people, removing M’s pants, torturing him etc. He also won’t be running from the scene and hopping into a car with any kind of quickness. We obviously know at least two people are involved based on this video but could be more. This guy could just be an accomplice that wasn’t even present for the killings. MOO

That was also my impression of watching the video clip … I don’t think the “driver” was supposed to exit the vehicle at that point either …

I also don’t think the larger (obese) person in the white shirt, in the video had anything under his shirt, but instead has an “apron“, or what is also medically known as an “panniculus”… IMO

A panniculus is an apron of excess skin and fat hanging from the abdomen below the waistline. This excess skin and fat are secondary to weight gain and can sometimes cover the anterior thighs, hips, and knees. A large panniculus can lead to severe impacts on patients' mobility and activities of daily life. Skin infections and rashes are common complaints of patients with a substantially large panniculus due to constant irritation and sweating.

IMO
I noticed in the full video version that the Kia driver side door is open while turning right and long before stopping along side the truck. I think the driver of the Kia was wanting to bail immediately. Also looked like headlights may have been on upon approach of the right then and then left turn signal used. I think the driver of the Kia was having major panic.

I can’t help but wonder if the CLEAR Alert was issued earlier, then S,M,&F, would have been found much sooner???

(It only took a little over 24hours after the CLEAR Alert was issued to find the car, and possibly only hours, after the correct number plate was issued ?)

On Christmas Day at around 4 p.m., the Department of Public Safety issued a CLEAR Alert for Soto.

The alert stated Soto was last seen in a 2013 Gray Kia Optima. The initial alert gave the temporary Texas license plate number of 4289D57, but an updated alert issued on Tuesday added another license plate number TRC9447, KSAT reported. Soto’s family organized a search of the area near her apartment on Christmas night, the Associated Press stated.

Joanie Wasil, Soto’s sister-in-law, told KSAT that on Tuesday night, someone contacted her through Facebook and said they saw the Kia Optima in the parking lot. She contacted the police as she and her family made their way to the scene.

All IMO

I also wonder how the temporary licence plate fits into the story ???

I noticed in the full video version that the Kia driver side door is open while turning right and long before stopping along side the truck. I think the driver of the Kia was wanting to bail immediately. Also looked like headlights may have been on upon approach of the right then and then left turn signal used. I think the driver of the Kia was having major panic.

My thoughts were that the Kia driver was signaling the truck, just to assure the truck this was THE vehicle. The truck was prepared to take care of something to do with the vehicle, most especially to remove something, but also to hand over either a roll of paper towels or a white towel and it looks as though it was used to wipe down the left side of the vehicle under the passenger door, where both are bent down briefly, as though examining the left passenger window or door.

It looks to me that both the people touch the edge of the driver's door, too.

I'm wondering if the location of behind the right ear is significant. Perhaps that location would be used with a small caliber gun like a .22? Sorry to be so graphic but they could bleed out in a wooded or hidden area and not have left as much mess when transported.

Thi is turning into a horror story.
The mafia used shooting people behind the ear a lot. With a .22 it's not really that messy.

My big thing is why did they stop where the camera was if they knew the drop site had no cameras? Could they have done that on purpose? Especially with the KIA driver jumping out and back in so quickly. Like the big guy was supposed to be seen and the Kia driver not seen? Crazy thoughts I know, just doesn’t make sense.

Candle left burning could honestly be a red herring.
Young people (and these were very young) can be neglectful and not think to put out a candle before leaving. It can happen to anyone really. I don’t think that a candle left burning is particularly relevant to this case and I don‘t think they were forced out of the apartment.

Secondly, I would love to know what (if anything) MG’s dad took with him/ removed from the apartment after he kicked the apartment door in. How long was he inside, what did he touch, was he aware of where MG kept his drugs, cash stash, guns?
Wondering if he’s the one who reported MG’s weapon as missing?
Also, if you kick a door in can you lock up when you leave or do you need a repair before locking the door again? It seems like kicking a door in would cause some decent damage. Did he just leave after that with an unlocked apartment and broken lock/ damaged door?
I would almost bet Dad knew where the drugs, cash and guns were. That was a priority for him going in. IMO

I can’t help but wonder if the CLEAR Alert was issued earlier, then S,M,&F, would have been found much sooner???

(It only took a little over 24hours after the CLEAR Alert was issued to find the car, and possibly only hours, after the correct number plate was issued ?)

On Christmas Day at around 4 p.m., the Department of Public Safety issued a CLEAR Alert for Soto.

The alert stated Soto was last seen in a 2013 Gray Kia Optima. The initial alert gave the temporary Texas license plate number of 4289D57, but an updated alert issued on Tuesday added another license plate number TRC9447, KSAT reported. Soto’s family organized a search of the area near her apartment on Christmas night, the Associated Press stated.

Joanie Wasil, Soto’s sister-in-law, told KSAT that on Tuesday night, someone contacted her through Facebook and said they saw the Kia Optima in the parking lot. She contacted the police as she and her family made their way to the scene.

All IMO

They had temporary plates they had just bought that car but it was later discovered they had picked up their plates a couple of weeks ago

My big thing is why did they stop where the camera was if they knew the drop site had no cameras? Could they have done that on purpose? Especially with the KIA driver jumping out and back in so quickly. Like the big guy was supposed to be seen and the Kia driver not seen? Crazy thoughts I know, just doesn’t make sense.
I don’t think this is a camera known it’s probably a private security or door bell camera installed by a tenant

In Texas a lot of temporary tags are sold on black market to skirt getting annual registration tags and/or inspection of vehicle done. Enough so the laws are about to change so he might have had different temp tags reported vs the day it was found. IMO.

Edit: Just read they recently purchased the Kia so temp tags until the plates are put on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member