TX - Shanna, 36, & Diederik Vandewege, 3 mos, slain, Fort Worth, 15 Dec 2016 *GUILTY*

I'm still on the fence about the husband. I know if it were me I'd probably engage the services of a lawyer too. I'd want to help in any way I could, but I also know that in these sorts of cases suspicion is always cast first on the spouse, and as much as I'd want to help, I also wouldn't want to be falsely implicated. IMO it's a good idea to involve a lawyer so soon, even if you haven't done anything wrong. People can be wrongly convicted, and I can't imagine living through the murder of your wife and child and then being thrown in prison for it when you were innocent.

I am so sorry, but where did they name CV as a suspect?
This is naming him?

"Anyone we can't eliminate is obviously a suspect until we can eliminate them," the detective said when asked whether Vandewege is a suspect in the slayings. "This extremely hinders our ability to move ahead and definitely hinders our ability to eliminate him."

To me, detective Barron's statement makes it clear that Craig Vandewege is a suspect in the slayings; LE hasn't been able to eliminate him from the potential suspect pool.

But, I see where people can interpret it differently.

Maybe a mod will pop in and give us a red light or green light in regards to CV's sleuthability.

To me, detective Barron's statement makes it clear that Craig Vandewege is a suspect in the slayings; LE hasn't been able to eliminate him from the potential suspect pool.

But, I see where people can interpret it differently.

Maybe a mod will pop in and give us a red light or green light in regards to CV's sleuthability.

I do agree that it's clear that he's a suspect, but I don't know if we can actively sleuth if he hasn't specifically been named as a POI. It's more that he's a suspect because he hasn't been cleared yet, not because there's anything specifically pointing to him. I don't really know who else would be considered a suspect at this stage though.

A lady in Jessica Chambers case was just sentenced to 7 years in prison for setting up a fake go fund me in Jessicas honor. The lady wasn't a family member nor a friend or nothing.

So she was basically stealing money from those that thought they were helping Jessicas family.

Yes.

And IIRC ToS here prohibits posts linking to those fundraising pages/sites, which is why I did not link.

Even though those sites can be a boon to donees and a convenience to harried donors, it's a crying shame that baddies use to scam others. More than a shame, as you noted, criminal.

I'm sorry - I would never lawyer up if my baby had his throat slashed. I would rather go to
prison. Nothing matters more than my child. I know - everyone is going to disagree w/ me -
but that is how I feel. I asked hubby - he said basically the same thing, he would never
lawyer up - we don't care if LE thinks what they think. I guess, again, that's the norm again,
hire a lawyer - don't cooperate w/ LE. Really?

I am so sorry, but where did they name CV as a suspect?
This is naming him?

Every husband is suspect at the beginning. But they went above and beyond to state that his hindering has bumped him up to an extreme poi. Jmo

I'm still on the fence about the husband. I know if it were me I'd probably engage the services of a lawyer too. I'd want to help in any way I could, but I also know that in these sorts of cases suspicion is always cast first on the spouse, and as much as I'd want to help, I also wouldn't want to be falsely implicated. IMO it's a good idea to involve a lawyer so soon, even if you haven't done anything wrong. People can be wrongly convicted, and I can't imagine living through the murder of your wife and child and then being thrown in prison for it when you were innocent.

Wendi Adelson lawyered up the day after her ex husbands funeral.

And due to her families involvement in the murder. Now we see why.

Now hindering also means that you are not giving detectives access to anything and forcing them to get warrants for basic things. So it means you are shutting your door on them while they are trying to find your families killer.

So imo. The hubby may not have a alibi and may have motive. But he is hindering things for now which doesnt sit well.

but is there a difference for holiday hours? honest question. we don't have a Costco in my county so i am not clear on that.

I checked our 2 caustics here in the Los Angeles area---and they seem to be closing at 8:30 still this week. Surprising actually...

edit: Funny how auto correct changed COSTCO to Caustics...lol

To answer a question asked upthread:

Family are considered victims unless/until specifically and officially named as either a POI or suspect. In other words, CV is off-limits for sleuthing but you may discuss what is said in MSM. You cannot speculate on his involvement or make accusations or insinuations against him.

I do agree that it's clear that he's a suspect, but I don't know if we can actively sleuth if he hasn't specifically been named as a POI. It's more that he's a suspect because he hasn't been cleared yet, not because there's anything specifically pointing to him. I don't really know who else would be considered a suspect at this stage though.

Thank you Public_Hysteria. I see where you're coming from.

My thinking was that LE made a point of publicly stating that CV stopped cooperating and he's hindering the investigation into the slayings of his wife and son. Since he hasn't eliminated himself as a suspect, he's now a named suspect per Detective Barron in MSM.

But, will wait for a mod to make the call before posting any CV sleuthin'.

ETA: Got it. Thanks sillybilly.

Lol. You just want to have a pillow fight. Lol

But mom said no and its too cold for a vacation.

Hmmmmm.

Plus I'm trying to quit drinking. And Websleuths brawls are more brutal than bar fights.

Lol. Just kidding.

Hopefully LE will learn more even without his participation.

:pillowfight2:

I cannot accept that a father could do this to a 3 month old. I think he is innocent and will never fully recover from this tragedy. :rose: :rose:
It does give me pause though, that he only gave 1 or 2 'short' interviews before lawyering up. I think that means that LE was grilling him pretty hard. And maybe he can show he was at work, but cannot really prove that he never stepped away for 10 or 15 minutes. Especially if he is in management. Pretty easy to step out the back for 15 or 20 minutes without being noticed. I wonder how good their cameras are?

So it is sad because it might be hard for LE to fully exonerate someone if they work so close to the crime scene and have the closest connection to the horrible tragedy.

To answer a question asked upthread:

Family are considered victims unless/until specifically and officially named as either a POI or suspect. In other words, CV is off-limits for sleuthing but you may discuss what is said in MSM. You cannot speculate on his involvement or make accusations or insinuations against him.

Can we speculate his hindering the investigation as stated in msm?

:pillowfight2:

I cannot accept that a father could do this to a 3 month old. I think he is innocent and will never fully recover from this tragedy. :rose: :rose:
It does give me pause though, that he only gave 1 or 2 'short' interviews before lawyering up. I think that means that LE was grilling him pretty hard. And maybe he can show he was at work, but cannot really prove that he never stepped away for 10 or 15 minutes. Especially if he is in management. Pretty easy to step out the back for 15 or 20 minutes without being noticed. I wonder how good their cameras are?

So it is sad because it might be hard for LE to fully exonerate someone if they work so close to the crime scene and have the closest connection to the horrible tragedy.

Lol. Meoww. Cat/Pillow fight. Lol

Costco probably has the best cctv cameras surrounding the entire store and lot. So if a manager did leave and came back. Then hopefully the cameras would have recorded it.

Btw. Why would a unknown stranger kill the baby that can't identify them?

But every case is different.

Costco probably has the best cctv cameras surrounding the entire store and lot. So if a manager did leave and came back. Then hopefully the cameras would have recorded it.

Btw. Why would a unknown stranger kill the baby that can't identify them?

But every case is different.

Killing a tiny baby takes a special breed of monster, for sure. :cry:

One of the only things that comes to mind is pure rage, anger, jealousy.

Sp maybe the angry ex boyfriend scenario---coming to find revenge?

Or the jealous girlfriend or ex of the husband? Women can be very evil and cruel when they feel betrayed.

Or perhaps the husband found out he was not the father?

Or he lied to someone in town, who was shocked to find out he had a wife and a baby?

I don't really know that story very well, can you summarize? Is it something about god demanding a sacrifice but then saying no since you were willing you don't actually have to? I likely have that very wrong.

You actually hit the nail on the head. :)

Killing a tiny baby takes a special breed of monster, for sure. :cry:

One of the only things that comes to mind is pure rage, anger, jealousy.

Sp maybe the angry ex boyfriend scenario---coming to find revenge?

Or the jealous girlfriend or ex of the husband? Women can be very evil and cruel when they feel betrayed.

Or perhaps the husband found out he was not the father?

Or he lied to someone in town, who was shocked to find out he had a wife and a baby?

Okay. Now we're cooking. It could definitely be a ex that followed her to destroy the hubbies family.

But.

Why hinder the investigation instead of giving them possible suspects?

Now usually the first interview is cut and dry.

Basic baby questions. Like your alibi. Where you work. What time you got off. When and where did you discover the bodies. Do you know anyone that may have wanted to hurt them. Are there any life insurance policies. etc etc

Then LE usually finds out more from the coroner other investigators and possible witnesses such as neighbors hearing things.

Then they call you back in order to reverify certain things while asking other questions to help quickly eliminate you or to get a better understanding of things.

So imo. I think he lawyered up after the first or 2nd interview where things just wasn't adding up.

Because hindering an investigation usually starts when someone back pedals on certain information. And then clams up and shut down before incriminating themselves. Jmo.

Now I'm not saying that this is what happened. But the tone of LE says it all imho.

My comments below are in general and not specifically directed at CV.

Pregnant and postpartum women statistically are at higher risk of homicide from their partner. Statistically, most homicides are usually committed by someone the victim knows.

Sociopaths often wear the mask of normalcy (think Scott Peterson). They are not "normal" people with normal human emotions. That's why the can commit such heinous crimes because they don't have a conscience. They are only motivated by what they want and achieving their desires. Other people do not matter. They are disposable. Sociopaths use people for their own gratification.

If Scott Peterson wanted to live the single life why did he just not divorce his wife? Why did he kill his wife and unborn son? Why did hot car dad leave his child in the car to die? Too busy sexting. Why did he just not leave his marriage?

So many of these cases follow a similar trajectory. Sociopathic individual is unhappy being a spouse, provider, parent so they kill their spouse, kids, etc. They always think they are smart enough to get away with it and outsmart law enforcement.

Whoever killed SV and DV wanted them both eliminated. Now whether this was some unknown assailant or someone known to SV only time will tell. Hopefully CV and his attorney will work with LE.

Growing up in a small town, I remember the murder of a family man. A guy he worked with pulled up in front of the house and honked. When Steve stepped out on the front porch, he was shot and killed, and the car drove off. The man who was arrested told everyone from the beginning he did not shoot anybody. NOBODY listened, including LE. They had made up their minds that first week who was guilty, and never even toyed with the idea they had the wrong person.
When the trial finally came to be, the man on trial insisted on testifying. The idiot who had actually done the shooting was there in thecourtroo to "support his friend"! The man stood up, pointed to the killer, and shouted " there is your killer". Then the man was finally arrested.
I know how big Fort Worth is, been there dozens of times. In fact, I was born there. LE should be experienced enough to be looking at everybody in the vicinity, as well as friends, coworkers, and family. If they even possibly have some tunnel vision on this case, they could very well be letting the true killer slip into the woodwork unnoticed, wasting valuable time honing in on the husband.

P.S. have police said anything about how much or how little physical evidence was recovered from the scene? In the Heimer case, we have been told LE recovered "tons of physical evidence", but to our knowledge, there have been no matches, and that crime was committed on 6/25/16.

I don't doubt that LE in Forth Worth has been investigating all angles; checking for surveillance footage and talking to family members, co-workers, and exes of both CV and SV.

Without a confession, LE would do that to build a case even if they were convinced CV was holding back or lying.

LE just hasn't identified any other potential suspects and needs more assistance from CV to get off him and/or on to someone else, and he's not cooperating. That's how I understood Detective Barron's statement anyway.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK
Back