ACTIVE SEARCH TX - Sheryl Ann Siddall / Odell, 57, Liberty County, 12 Sept 2023

Sheryl is still missing per the article below. Although she is mentioned, it does not appear that her disappearance is related to the crimes detailed in the article. MOO

DEC 31, 2023
[...]

The Horseshoe Lakes Estates community is the same location where Liberty County Sheriff’s Office have searched for Sheryl Ann Siddall, 57, who has been missing since Sept. 12, 2023. To this date, and despite exhaustive searches, Siddall has not been found.

News article: (Note the article is from October 2023.) It appears she also uses the surname Siddall. She has not been found, but a suspect, an acquaintance of the MP, was charged with capital murder. LE found blood on the kitchen floor and cabinets at her home, as well as eight firearms, including in the suspect's pickup truck and box trailer.

Prayers for Sheryl's family. This earlier article states they had to take the suspect to court to get her house back, as he's accused of forging legal documents and claiming she sold him the house.

Case Number 23DC-CV-01433
Sheryl Siddall, as by and through her children xx, xx and xx VS. Donald Lee Hassler and xx
Case Type Real Property: Other
Case Status: Filed
(No activity since 12/15/23)

Case Number 23DC-CR-01096
THE STATE OF TEXAS vs. DONALD LEE HASSLER
UNL POSS FIREARM BY FELON46.04(e)3rd Degree Felony
02/12/2024 Docket Call
Hearing Time 1:30 PM

Case Number 23DC-CR-01199
THE STATE OF TEXAS vs. DONALD LEE HASSLER
CAPITAL MURDER BY TERROR THREAT/OTHER FELONY19.03(a)(2)Capital Felony
02/12/2024 Docket Call
Hearing Time 1:30 PM

Not confirmed yet whether the remains belong to Sheryl Siddall.

March 22, 2024

Capt. David Meyers, spokesperson for the LCSO, confirmed that the human remains will undergo DNA testing in an effort to establish their identity.

Capt. Meyers expressed concern that the proximity of the discovery to the Rye-Romayor area raises the possibility that the remains could belong to Sheryl Siddall, a 57-year-old woman who went missing from her home on CR 2859 last September.

The waiting for the DNA results must be unbearable for the family. I hope the results come back quickly.

The skeletal remains were discovered at the Rye community in the northern part of the county off County Road 2132.

The sheriff’s office said a couple was traveling down the road when they saw puppies. As they were attempting to rescue them, one of the puppies ran toward a ditch with about three feet of water in it.

As the couple approached the ditch, they saw what they believed might be a body submerged in the water. They immediately called the sheriff’s office.

The deputies found skeletal remains in the water. :(

The LCSO told KPRC 2 that the remains found are six miles away from the location they believe Siddall was murdered

“My finance’ was looking and had a confused look on his face, and I was like, ‘what?’ And he said, ‘I’m pretty sure that’s a body.’ I was like there’s no way,” Stanley said.

On Tuesday, detectives say they found more remains at the scene off County Road 2132. Deputies said an autopsy is complete and they are hoping to officially identify the remains soon.

“I just honestly hope that they can get answers back, and whoever it is—that their family can get some kind of closure,” said Stanley.

Stanley said if the stray dogs were not there, she would have never made the discovery.

Strength to Sheryl's loved ones.
What a nightmare for them. :(
I'm sorry she crossed paths with this suspect.

This case reminds me somewhat of the Edna Quintana case; she was with a boyfriend who has no answers about why she left everything behind.
Edna is still missing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theb