TX TX - Steve Jones, 57, Bowie County, 16 Mar 2012 - FFJ member "Wounded"

I'm under the impression he stayed on paved roads. Maybe he did stop and exchange words with someone leading to a fight. I don't think anyone would have come to his house looking for him, altho I think perhaps that did happen in the not so distant past. They didn't get far.

I hope LE is looking into everything. But really there's not much they can do other than question people, is there? And how are they to know if someone is telling the truth or not. I mean, if anyone did take his life, they sure aren't going to admit it. And if there's no evidence, and the sheriff says there isn't, well ... And I don't think it is any secret that there are a few in law enforcement and perhaps even a judge or two, maybe a few attorneys, who would be glad to see him gone.

Your reasoning seems sound to me. I guess we can hope that if someone killed him they talk/brag to someone about it and it slowly travels through the gossip chain and points LE in a certain direction.

Is that the map showing the roads that have been searched so far? If it is, maybe Lynn can get it to FFJ sometime soon.

FFJ here ready to help ~ even during her Heartbreak over this situation.

One thing I can vouch for is that Wounded is as Tough as they come! Love that I have always been on his good side ~ he is also More than Passionate about his Cause and there is NO WAY inHell he would willingly walk away, not a chance. He would give his Life to Prove his Beliefs to be correct so IF that is found out to be the reason for his Missing In Action, there should be no reason left for the State of Texas Not to hear his Screams.

JC - XOXO

RR

NamUs Profile

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/14367

Case Information
Status
Missing
First name
Steven
Middle name
Curtis
Last name
Jones
Nickname/Alias
"Wounded"
Date LKA
March 16, 2012 19:00
Date entered
03/30/2012
Age LKA
57 to 57 years old
Age now
57 years old
Race
White
Ethnicity
Sex
Male
Height (inches)
Weight (pounds)

Can anybody screenshot the map at 39 seconds found here:
http://www.ksla.com/story/17380349/only-on-ksla-news-12-wife-of-missing-bowie-co-man-speaks-out

Please and thank you if you can. :)

Are there any other maps that you guys know of?

Moab has posted it on FFJ here (hopefully!)

Forums For Justice - View Single Post - FFJ Poster Wounded/Steve Jones

I just sent some pictures I took today that may be posted there later. They show what the roads where he may have rode look like.

Your reasoning seems sound to me. I guess we can hope that if someone killed him they talk/brag to someone about it and it slowly travels through the gossip chain and points LE in a certain direction.

I'm glad you think so. I'm beginning to wonder about it. Maybe it's really a far fetched idea. But I do know I'm not alone in thinking he met with foul play. I just don't know how it could have happened.

FFJ here ready to help ~ even during her Heartbreak over this situation.

One thing I can vouch for is that Wounded is as Tough as they come! Love that I have always been on his good side ~ he is also More than Passionate about his Cause and there is NO WAY inHell he would willingly walk away, not a chance. He would give his Life to Prove his Beliefs to be correct so IF that is found out to be the reason for his Missing In Action, there should be no reason left for the State of Texas Not to hear his Screams.

JC - XOXO

RR

No he would not have walked away, you are so right about that. As always, thanks for being there RR.

Today is Steve's birthday ~ 58 years old.

Candlelight vigil to take place for missing man

A candlelight vigil will be held at 8 p.m. Monday at Liberty-Eylau Middle School for a local man missing since March.

Steve Jones was last seen March 16 when he left his house on a motorcycle. The Bowie County Sheriff’s Office has searched southern Bowie County and other areas without success, and family members have expressed concern that Jones met with foul play, although Sheriff James Prince said earlier this month there’s no credible evidence of that.

~ snip ~

“We just want to ask for everybody’s support,” wife Lynn Jones said.

The vigil will be held in the school’s parking lot. Family and friends of Jones have also increased to $1,000 the reward for information on what happened to him.

Texarkana Gazette
Published: 04/23/2012

My gosh, I just can't imagine where he is. All these missing people/children just vanished off the face of the earth. I hope he is found safe soon.

Oh noooo!! I am so sorry to hear this. I didn't always agree with his methods, but my heart always went out to the Jones' for the loss of their boy. I can't imagine anyone would have the guts to actually try and murder this man. He'd hand them their heads on a platter, I would think. I'm hoping for the best. I'm so sorry, Lynn.

Family holds vigil for missing man
Steven Curtis Jones disappeared April 16; some fear foul play

“We just feel like we’ve got to keep the community knowing about what’s going on and that he’s not found, and we’ve got to keep looking for him until he is found,” wife Lynn Jones said in the parking lot of Liberty-Eylau Middle School, where about 50 people attended the vigil. That included Steven’s and Lynn’s son, 12-year-old Curtis.

A table was set up in the parking lot with “Happy Birthday” trim around its edges. Jones’ sister, Kathy Sturdivant, said birthdays are supposed to be about celebrating, but that was impossible Monday.

“This day only brings more anguish and heartache to those who know Steve,” Sturdivant said. She urged people to tell their neighbors of Jones’ disappearance and to constantly be on the lookout for signs of him.

~ snip ~

“In keeping with the determination always shown by Steve Jones, there will be another search,” said family friend Jo Ann Eichler as she read a statement while standing in the back of a pickup. The search is not being organized by local law enforcement, but friends and family, and is tentatively set for May 5.

Sturdivant said she appreciates the efforts of the Sheriff’s Office but is frustrated that more isn’t being done and fears Jones’ harsh opinions about law enforcement may be one reason for that.

“He was very outspoken in his belief that there was corruption in the local law enforcement,” Sturdivant said.

People at the rally said an outside group, Texas EquuSearch, wanted to come look for him, but were denied permission to do so by the Sheriff’s Office.

In a telephone interview Monday night, Sheriff James Prince said that’s false.

“From what I was told, they told my investigator they couldn’t do anything different than what we’ve already done without having an idea of where to go search,” Prince said.

Prince said deputies have searched every area where Jones was known to go riding.

“And we’re doing everything we can to also look at the possibility, and I say possibility, of foul play, but we can only do what we can do there as well,” the sheriff said.

Sturdivant called for an outside agency to investigate her brother’s disappearance. Prince said he would have no problem with that and no law enforcement officer bears ill will toward Jones for comments he has made.

“I have no problem with anyone coming in,’cause I want him found as much as anybody,” Prince said.“Matter of fact, I pray every night we find him.”

Sturdivant said Jones left the house with just $10 in cash, no helmet and no medication. She referred to enemies Jones has made and fears he met with foul play.

~ snip ~

“There’s a lot of speculation, a lot of rumors and stuff,” (family friend Ed)Cook said.“Only God knows what happened.”

“I’d love to see him come home, though,” said Randy Roberts, another friend. Cook replied confidently,“God will bring him home.”

This is so sad, I haven't heard anything about this case here in North Texas. I can't imagine the Sheriff's Office refusing to let Texas EqquSearch come in and search for this man....pathetic!! I pray they find him soon. Prayers to his family!!

I really, really hope Steve got a wild hair up his butt and is just getting away from everything for awhile. In a way, I can't see him doing that, but in a way, I can. He's always been a rebel and independent and stubborn and....it beats a terrible alternative.

What freaks me out is a comment on Topix on the day he went missing saying something to the effect that the poster was going to do something about Steve. Maybe Steve is doing undercover work on his own?

I was born and raised in Texarkana and live there now and wanted to come on here and put my two cents in. I have never met Steve in person, but conversed with him many times on Topix. I have done a lot of researching on what happened to his son after seeing all of Steve's (Wounded's) rants on Topix. After reading about the son's death and speaking with several people from Texarkana (I lived out of town at that time and never heard much about it then) I have found out things that make me feel sick to my stomach when I think about them. Also making me feel sick is the fact that Steve (Wounded) was openly threatened several times on Topix right before his disappearance. I'm telling you something is wrong here!

Steven (the son) apparently did have a bit of a drug problem and got in with the wrong crowd. The man whose house he died in had been cooking meth with the protection of the police for a long time. There is no way you can say that the police in that area did not know what was going on! They knew! The meth cook prided himself on making stronger and stronger meth and had a lot of people tweaked out on that crap. I have a family member who has had a problem with meth for a long time now and she knows all about this "dope cook for the cops" as she called Sam Rich. For some reason, Wounded's son was a threat to him. The dopers will tell you that Sam Rich and apparently Steven's step-brother was there and someone gave Steven some dope that they knew was way too potent. IDK. With what I have learned about meth users, things don't make sense to the rest of us not on the drug with them. And they perceive things a little differently. I know of two other people who have said they know that Sam Rich killed Steven on purpose and shot him up with some killer meth. They then had to stage the body (very badly I might add) to make it look like an accident. My theory is that they would chalk it up to another dumb dope head kid OD'd and everyone would forget about it. Steven apparently lay in the yard for about 12 hours, next to this 3 wheeler that didn't even run. He had "fallen" off the 3 wheeler (I guess while it was parked?) and was made to look like he had fallen off and hit his head on a breaker box that was lying on the ground. He had a mark across the nape of his neck but he had not broken his neck. There were 3 other victims around that time, same area - all died of a drug overdose and one of the other victims had the same mark on his neck as well. Weird. Anyway, big huge cover up commenced, the JP who pronounced him dead completely fabricated info. on his death certificate complete with a reason for death before the autopsy was even performed! A JP! He listed the cause of death as a seizure disorder but later amended that to drug overdose. When asked why he had listed seizure disorder as the COD he said that he wanted to spare the family the grief! They were protecting this meth cook! They did everything they could to take the spotlight off Sam Rich. Wounded tried and tried to get help from local police with his son's case. It became apparent to him that he was gonna have to try to bring in some outside help since the local cops were totally snowballing him. He called agency after agency, each time being denied even a meeting or anything. I'm not sure how a town like Texarkana can cause the DEA, the FBI and whoever else to completely shut these people down! I think after trying to pursue this for justice for his son, he saw all the corruption in the officials of our town. This made him want to fight harder and harder and he did.

When Steve disappeared, I was surprised that they were not taking the case very seriously. We had all seen the threats on Topix. Whoever this other Texarkana poster is on this thread we are reading now , they seem to be highly misinformed. Or maybe it's damage control. The police have done very little to find this man. Most people in town that I have talked to haven't even known that we had a missing man! There were a few short flashes of a picture of Steve on the TV for a few days. Other than that, I have not seen much at all. Their "searches" have consisted of a few people of law enforcement. Citizens were told that the police had all the help they needed and when they finally did a search where citizens could help. No one knew about it until it was over.

Sheriff Prince puts a few pics on his FB and says he is doing everything he can to find Steve, but they have always said from the beginning that they did not think foul play was involved. The police say they do not know where to go from here because no one else has come forward with information! I promise you could probably count on one hand the number of people they have questioned. Topix is crawling with police officers and others trying to throw mud at the family of the missing man. They say that he has just run off smoking dope; he's a low life who killed his son (ridiculous). I agree with Steve in that the police are part ot blame for his son's death. They knew of all these dope cooks and dope dealers and only arrested them if it benefitted the police. They knew what Sam Rich and his other dope cooks were up to. The police failed in their job to protect the kids of this area by allowing dope to stay on the streets. They failed these 4 families and these 4 victims. Now they have failed Wounded. It makes me sad for my city. We are never told the real truth or given the real news. The cops and the drug dealers are thick as theives around here. And they are thieves.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aussie Aussie
Back