TX TX - Sullivan City, Asian/WhtMale Pre-30, UP64163, clothes, $2000+ cash (Yuan, Peso, Dollar), Nov'19

snowgoose

Reaction score
NamUs #UP64163

Date of Discovery: November 4, 2019
Location of Discovery: Sullivan City, Hidalgo County, Texas
Estimated Date of Death: Unknown
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Physical Description
Estimated Age:
Adult - Pre 30
Race:
White / Caucasian, Asian, Other
Sex:
Male
Height:
possibly 5'5" (65 inches) (listed incorrectly on NamUs as 65'0")
Weight: listed on NamUs as 44lbs (may be post-mortem weight)
Hair Color: Black, 4" long
Eye Color:
Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing:
long sleeve tan & black striped shirt, NanJiren brand size 125; blue, white and red plaid long sleeve button shirt, Texwood brand size S; blue jeans Boutique Cowboy brand size 34; boxer brief (cannot determine color) L'dengyue brand.
Footwear: red and black tennis shoes size 9 us, brand WXDBBG speed.
Additional Personal Items:
Pocket contents: $240.00 Chinese Yuan currency, $500 Mexico Peso currency and $1,300 US currency.

Circumstances of Discovery:
Decedent found in brush area in Sullivan City, TX

[this is my first post and I don't have a NamUs account, so please let me know if I've missed anything!]

Thanks for the link!

However, I suspect this Doe was Chinese rather than Vietnamese, or at least had recently lived in China. Not only was he carrying Chinese yuan, but almost all his clothing comes from Chinese brands.

He was found very near the Mexican border, so it seems probable that he was trying to cross the border. I'm not from the US but I've always understood that people crossing the border were mostly from Central/South America. Are there many people from China or elsewhere who try to cross the border this way?

Thanks for the link!

He was found very near the Mexican border, so it seems probable that he was trying to cross the border. I'm not from the US but I've always understood that people crossing the border were mostly from Central/South America. Are there many people from China or elsewhere who try to cross the border this way?
I'd say it's definitely more common for those who cross into America through the southern border to be Central American but I imagine other groups take that route as well.

Thanks for the link!

However, I suspect this Doe was Chinese rather than Vietnamese, or at least had recently lived in China. Not only was he carrying Chinese yuan, but almost all his clothing comes from Chinese brands.

Most certainly.
The first so called "border wall" on the Mexican - USA border was actually built to keep out Chinese immigrants who came through South America and Mexico to go to the USA. The first Mexican border wall was actually to keep out Chinese people

Why Chinese Migrants Come to the US Through Mexico

Bumping up case one more time. Still in NamUs. Is anyone able to submit the case to Doe Network?

As I read the details, I think about how the money he had could have been his life's savings or even his family's life savings. So sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back