TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dart, I think it comes from the theory I posited back in July in terms of MB being shot and what I think she was shot with.

I thought about that, not a dart though, but something for the perp to gain total control over Missy. Missy looked very fit so the perp needed to be stronger.

Just as a refresher. I think it is something like this.

attachment.php

It goes into a shotgun shell like this.

attachment.php

One of the characteristics of such a dart is the lack of tumbling, fragmenting or deformation on impact with something like a 1/4 steel plate.

attachment.php

These screen caps portions come from a video where super exotic rounds are test fired - I believe, this might be shot #6 in the video if you watch it all.

[video=youtube;p32xmVXYLBk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p32xmVXYLBk[/video]

Attachments

• SteelDart.png
    SteelDart.png
    91.3 KB · Views: 322
  • DartInShell.png
    DartInShell.png
    99.9 KB · Views: 320
  • DartInSteelPlate.png
    DartInSteelPlate.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 309
Just as a refresher. I think it is something like this.

attachment.php

It goes into a shotgun shell like this.

attachment.php

One of the characteristics of such a dart is the lack of tumbling, fragmenting or deformation on impact with something like a 1/4 steel plate.

attachment.php

These screen caps portions come from a video where super exotic rounds are test fired - I believe, this might be shot #6 in the video if you watch it all.

[video=youtube;p32xmVXYLBk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p32xmVXYLBk[/video]

I would think if someone bought these - it would be fairly easy to trace? Wouldn't think a lot of those around-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by Scout View Post
What's the basis for your belief that the ME didn't recover a bullet or bullet fragments?

Bringing the dog out the day after the autopsy.

But why wait 24+ hours to check for that? Autopsy was done/finished Tues morning. Church was released Mon at noon and repairs and clean up had been in full swing. Would have been more potential to find something like that asap. Not wait 24+ hours and possible projectile lost in the cleaning up. Just can't reconcile that myself.

JMHO they were clearing the church of any possible bomb or such because the church was having a prayer service for community Wed night. COC posted on their fb at iirc little after 1pm Wednesday, that church doors would open at 6 something (cant remb exact time but still on their fb page) Clearing the church and the outside with the dog as we saw it on new reports. Just in case Suspect returns to scene, especially one that had been there with a SWAT looking clothing. jmho

ETA: JMHO I could see a Def Attorney really questioning them with not going back to check the scene immediately. Already have people saying was released too soon.

IF she was shot the cops would have evidence of that by gun powder residue. Do they have to make that info public ? I am guessing no they dont. My guess is they initally thought she was shot due to the puncture wounds but later found no gunpowder or bullet fragments so they just went with the hammer injuries as cause of death.

Whoever this/these killers are they did a good job as far as I can see. Left us all stumped. I am praying someone knows something and will spill the beans or this killer gets sloppy and leaves a clue. The longer this goes on the less chance of this being solved. I hate this too I want justice for MB her family and everyone else as well...

Are the stories consistent?!

Yes, that's what makes me think there's truth to them...of course it's like telephone, so things get tangled, but the bottom line was same.

I would think if someone bought these - it would be fairly easy to trace? Wouldn't think a lot of those around-

You would have to have recovered such a thing to trace it. If SP removed it and took it with them then all the ME might be able to tell is a possible calibre and from the injuries to tissues away from the point of impact or other injuries associated with the puncture wounds perhaps the impact velocity and depending on gun powder residue perhaps the distance the shot were fired, or whether it was fired with a sub-sonic load.

But once again we have nothing but unsubstantiated rumors as to what the crime scene was like. We can only go with what we know - not whisperings in PMs.

MPD is intimately familiar with what the crime scene looked like. And yet, months into a thorough investigation, they say they believe it was untargeted. So how do you reconcile that?

I've been mostly in the "interrupted burglary" camp from the beginning. To me, the factors that contribute to my theory are:

--Casual behavior of SP prior to MBs arrival indicated by LE saying the rest of the video shows "more of the same" and that they didn't really understand SPs movement in the church

--Lack of a firearm - I do not believe SP had, nor used, one. If SP dressed up in SWAT-ish gear, one would think he would holster a firearm where it belongs, on his hip or under his arm, for easy access (if this was a planned murder). He certainly would NOT put this whole outfit together and then just put a glock in his breast pocket. We see no weapon on SP in the video. ATF dog can be brought in for explosives and firearms - and my guess is that the dog was brought in as a precaution to ensure SP wasn't in the church to plant an explosive. Not the first church to be targeted and a logical step after having unexplained video of some guy rambling the halls in the middle of the night. They were covering all bases.

I just don't think someone shows up for a murder with break-in tools - even if they make handy murder weapons. I don't buy the whole "he wanted to look her in the eyes and watch her suffer - passion killing" type stuff.

I think this guy is a joyriding breaking and entering prowler burgler type guy. Robbery isn't the motive but he is opportunistic if something catches his attention. He never intended to run into anyone and was probably in the interior of the building during the few minutes it took for MB to pull through the parking lot and let herself in. There was a confrontation in or around the main hallway just beyond the range of the main hallway camera and he panicked and kept swinging, finally putting her down. He kept on until she stopped screaming and fighting. I think he booked it out of there into his car parked behind the kitchen door.

All my opinion of course.

To pursue this angle, I would analyze break-ins, prowlers, burglaries (in buildings, businesses, churches, theaters) for the past few years in a 60 mile radius. If this kind of evening activity is his "thing" then we can expect him to start up again in some form (maybe slowly) very soon. In my opinion, THAT future case might be what helps solve this one. He's busted prowling in some Toys R Us in a couple years and something links him to evidence in this case. Must keep our eyes open.

You would have to have recovered such a thing to trace it. If SP removed it and took it with them then all the ME might be able to tell is a possible calibre and from the injuries to tissues away from the point of impact or other injuries associated with the puncture wounds perhaps the impact velocity and depending on gun powder residue perhaps the distance the shot were fired, or whether it was fired with a sub-sonic load.

But you could ask around correct? I would guess it's something LE tho SP would be into... wouldn't think there sold at every gun store.,, or are they ? I just assumed it would be rare if people were buying one would remember?

But you could ask around correct? I would guess it's something LE tho SP would be into... wouldn't think there sold at every gun store.,, or are they ? I just assumed it would be rare if people were buying one would remember?

You are quite right. But since these are custom, and there are more than just this example, you would have to even know what it was to find who makes it. Also, since these are custom they are made by individuals and not necessarily companies and once they get in the hands of others those people can fabricate them themselves if they have access to metal machining or know someone who does. So, if you did know what it was, then you could ask around but if you don't have one in your possession you won't even know who to ask.

You are quite right. But since these are custom, and there are more than just this example, you would have to even know what it was to find who makes it. Also, since these are custom they are made by individuals and not necessarily companies and once they get in the hands of others those people can fabricate them themselves if they have access to metal machining or know someone who does. So, if you did know what it was, then you could ask around but if you don't have one in your possession you won't even know who to ask.

Wah-wah-wah [emoji45]

The theory I lean towards is the simpler, not twisted, in your face kind of motive. Missy and her husband were having marriage problems, money problems and possible affairs. We have a husband out of town on a annual trip as well as the father-in-law vacationing at the exact same time. Then you have the husband's behavior which seems peculiar to me in that he appears distant and unemotional when talking about Missy on camera. I just get a weird vibe! The murder itself appears to be planned in advance, rain or shine...either way, I believe the plan was for her to die in that church, that morning, while her husband was out of town. I really don't put any weight on the fact that she posted on FB the evening before that due to rain the class would be moved inside. It was said that Missy would open the church to unlock the bathrooms for the campers even when holding the class outside which I believe is a known detail to the person who hired the hit...so even if it weren't raining, she would have still entered the church that morning. I feel the murder was a hired hit - no burglary - and well planned by an individual that knew Missy's routine very well. That individual would also make sure they had an ironclad alibi like being out of town.

THIS!!! Like you, I don't think that the rain was anything more than luck for the SP; it had probably been planned for a while.

Watching the video clip of the ATF dog at the church, it is clear that he is searching possible egress routes on the grounds of the church and along the highway. IMO, this is a search for possibly discarded (intentionally or accidentally) firearms evidence. It is not a search for explosive device(s) placed by the killer.

Watching the video clip of the ATF dog at the church, it is clear that he is searching possible egress routes on the grounds of the church and along the highway. IMO, this is a search for possibly discarded (intentionally or accidentally) firearms evidence. It is not a search for explosive device(s) placed by the killer.

Great input - thanks!

But why wait 24+ hours to check for that? Autopsy was done/finished Tues morning. Church was released Mon at noon and repairs and clean up had been in full swing. Would have been more potential to find something like that asap. Not wait 24+ hours and possible projectile lost in the cleaning up. Just can't reconcile that myself.

<respectfully snipped>

ETA: JMHO I could see a Def Attorney really questioning them with not going back to check the scene immediately. Already have people saying was released too soon.

This was discussed in the earlier threads and I believe a poster at that time mentioned at least one of the dogs was not local (Oklahoma?). It doesn't seem odd to me that if the autopsy results were in by Tuesday that the dog(s) wouldn't get there until the next day.

The sticker looks like a fire truck and a person standing in front of it (possibly a firefighter).
You could see that on the sticker?!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what the stats are on unsolved murders ? I watch alot of these new shows about crimes like murders and sometimes its years before they are solved. I realized the murders that are unsolved usually never get shows made about them. I dont want to think this case may fall into that category. If it was a plan hatched by 1 or 2 people close to her I guess as long as no one talks this case will never be solved. Looks like they did a good enough job to assume that sadly..

I watch Crime TV, Joe Kenda, I am Homicide etc all the time. Husband calls them my murder shows. Yes some of them drag on for years even centuries and then someone comes forward. All I can say that if I did a murder, burglary, robbery etc and I had a spouse, boyfriend/girlfriend, significant other...and they knew ---I would figure I was stuck with them regardless till death... ever notice how people tend to open up when they are no longer involved with the person? Like someone may be married/living with someone and suspect or know something but doesn't want the individual to go to prison or worse so they keep quiet. Then several years later, things hit the rocks and bam! You have a person who will sing like a canary. I suspect there are a few of these in the candidate pool. JMOO

I watch Crime TV, Joe Kenda, I am Homicide etc all the time. Husband calls them my murder shows. Yes some of them drag on for years even centuries and then someone comes forward. All I can say that if I did a murder, burglary, robbery etc and I had a spouse, boyfriend/girlfriend, significant other...and they knew ---I would figure I was stuck with them regardless till death... ever notice how people tend to open up when they are no longer involved with the person? Like someone may be married/living with someone and suspect or know something but doesn't want the individual to go to prison or worse so they keep quiet. Then several years later, things hit the rocks and bam! You have a person who will sing like a canary. I suspect there are a few of these in the candidate pool. JMOO

I think this is true in the MB case, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member