TX TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #49

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
attachment.php

"A fitness trainer and mother of three was murdered in a Dallas-area church Monday morning by a man wearing SWAT gear, police said."

"Boot camp-style exercise class participants who showed up at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Tex., around 5 a.m. found their instructor Terri “Missy” Bevers, 45, dead, according to the Midlothian Police Department."

"Fitness trainer Terri (Missy) Bevers, 45, was killed early Monday just before her boot-camp style class, police said. Participants in the Camp Gladiator class found her dead when they arrived to a Midlothian, Tex., church for the workout."

"Police Chief Carl Smith said a man wearing what looked like a tactical helmet, gloves and a heavy vest with "POLICE" written on it could be seen in security camera footage from the E. U.S. Highway 287 church just before Bevers arrived. The department released the 4 a.m. footage Monday afternoon, though Smith said no cameras captured the attack."

MEDIA & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

LE Update/Presser on April 22, 2016

Link to Midlothian Police Department facebook page
Images (still and video) from the church featuring the perp can be seen here.

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48

CERTAIN BEHAVIORS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!

Dear Websleuths Members,

We are going to apply common sense to the Missy Bever's discussion.

You all have really done some amazing sleuthing in the Bever's case. Thank you for putting forth the effort to bring us interesting and helpful posts.

From now on if a member disrupts the thread in any way they will be timed out or banned.

Disrupting the thread could be anything from hitting the alert button over and over on posts that do not violate our TOS, to trying to disrupt members who are discussing a scenario that you disagree with, to arguing over something so minor that it makes me want to rip my eyeballs out of my head in frustration.

Here is an example: No more arguments over "shards of glass" VS "broken glass" LE referenced.

No outright accusations against specific individuals but very general broad speculation or theorizing will be allowed.

The last word from LE was a long time ago and was that none of the persons listed in the search warrants that have been released are suspects "at this time"

We all know that is doublespeak for we are not willing to name any of them POI or suspect RIGHT NOW.

So a general speculation of "I still find the husband's statements odd, his demeanor off. Something is not right there" are fine. While statements like "BB did it, I mean come on, his wife was sleeping around and it's almost always the husband or boyfriend" are over the line.

"I think this was motivated by jealousy by someone Missy knew, someone who felt threatened by her, someone with low self-esteem" would be okay while "it was that one woman [whatever her initials are] married to one teacher [insert initials]" would be over the line.

This should be easy to understand.

We want a lively and interesting discussion, however, we will not allow the Bever's discussion to get out of hand.

Tricia

Search Warrants

dry cleaner warrant - redacted
LinkedIn warrant 5-5-16
AT&T Tower warrant 5-5-16
Search warrant

FB Warrant Probable Cause Affidavit

Another video recently released online shows what police call a “vehicle of interest,” although investigators will not confirm if they have identified its driver or explained its unusual appearance near the church. It was recorded by a series of cameras posted around a gun store near the church about two hours before the murder. The Nissan Altima spends six minutes in the SWFA Outdoors parking lot, much of the time with its lights off. The church is on the opposite side of the divided highway, less than a half mile away.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/01/1...terest-emerge/

Last edited by a moderator:
READ THE OPENING POST AND THIS ONE AND THANK BOTH IF YOU INTEND TO POST. Pay particular attention to Tricia's warning about bickering and how to post in regards to your suspect(s). Outright accusations will not be tolerated.

Referring to people or groups of people by nicknames or alternate names needs to cease. You may use initials. Keep in mind that some of you are discussing a family that has lost a member to murder. It is one thing to find someone's demeanor off or point out perceived inconsistencies in their statements. It is quite another to bash them when they have been accused of nothing by Law Enforcement. I urge everyone to find that line and stay on the right side of it.

Going on 5 years since fitness trainer, Missy Bevers was murdered by a person wearing swat gear. Her killer has yet to be found.

Tricia is wanting the Missy Bevers discussion reopened with a view to going back to the very beginning with fresh eyes.

Please continue discussion here. Remember that rumors are absolutely not allowed, and in all other respects keep your posts in line with TOS.

If the family put pressure on the local LE, or took the cold case to the media do you think would be solved?

I think the husband needs to go to the media and hound everyone until her murderer is caught.
I hear about Cold Cases being solved when ONE family member or ONE friend would NOT give up and would go to the press to keep the name in the spotlight.

If the family put pressure on the local LE, or took the cold case to the media do you think would be solved?

I think the husband needs to go to the media and hound everyone until her murderer is caught.
I hear about Cold Cases being solved when ONE family member or ONE friend would NOT give up and would go to the press to keep the name in the spotlight.
Liking your post, not because I'm confident it would help. I really don't know about how much this does help. I have a hunch that those cases are very few and far between. Right now, though, we've hit the "try everything" phase.

Someone out there has killed in cold blood and gotten away with it. Will they kill again? Will some kind of justice be done in this life? So many cases where the killer does get away with it.

Liking your post, not because I'm confident it would help. I really don't know about how much this does help. I have a hunch that those cases are very few and far between. Right now, though, we've hit the "try everything" phase.

Someone out there has killed in cold blood and gotten away with it. Will they kill again? Will some kind of justice be done in this life? So many cases where the killer does get away with it.

it's a true mystery...But I haven't heard of anyone dressed in a SWAT outfit prowling in churches late at night since, and if so it didn't make the news because no one was killed in the process.
I hate unsolved murders and feel her daughters need closure.

it's a true mystery...But I haven't heard of anyone dressed in a SWAT outfit prowling in churches late at night since, and if so it didn't make the news because no one was killed in the process.
If it was some clown LARPing, I'd say that the SWAT outfit was thrown in the trash as soon as the clown got back home !!!

I check in occasionally on this case but don’t know all that most of you know, so if this has been discussed before, my apologies.
First I will say, I watched Pat Brown’s take on this and I kinda agree with her that MB wasn’t targeted.
My real comment or question is…it is pouring down rain outside, buckets of rain. The wandering SWAT suspect though doesn’t look wet at all to me. There is a small place on the floor in one hall that possibly could be water but why would it be just that one place?
Anyway, the suspect looks very dry and this is weird to me considering, from what I understand, that LE thinks the suspect spent time breaking in. I realize they might have been under the eave, but considering how hard it was raining, and adding in walking from a car to the side of the church, I don’t see how they could’ve been dry.
Please straighten me out if necessary. It’s just weird to me.

Maybe, but at least one family member, her husband BB, expressed in 2017 that he had completed that personal journey.

“From this point forward, the only thing I will discuss is 'who' Missy was. Her contributions to my life, the children, this family, and numerous other people that she loved.”

Maybe, but at least one family member, her husband BB, expressed in 2017 that he had completed that personal journey.

“From this point forward, the only thing I will discuss is 'who' Missy was. Her contributions to my life, the children, this family, and numerous other people that she loved.”

well, I guess this case is Cold then.

The husband most likely won't ever do that because back in 2017, he said he was done looking for his wife's killer.

Husband says he is done searching for wife's killer for his kids' sake

BBs emails to Crime Stories can be read here:

"Starting 2018, I’m done allowing this uncertainty to control me this way. I will leave the head banging, and brain rot to the investigators."

Crime Stories podcast exclusive: Husband is ‘done talking’ about Missy Bevers’ murder

I couldn't quote some things because it was closed in the previous thread.

Yes, Randy and Brandon both have alibis.

The blood stained shirt thing was super bizarre, and it felt on par with being "super clever and cute" wearing the full SWAT getup for its many different purposes (concealing identity, keeping forensics off, adding a layer of protection, generally throwing chaos and speculation into the case) and that most normal people would just trash a bloody shirt, especially if their DIL was just viciously murdered and people were looking at them very closely.

I want SO badly to say that Randy and Brandon were not involved. The shirt irks me though. It feels like another "clever/cute" attempt to see how closely the police where watching them all, mixed in with taunting and/or adding a red herring.

I personally think that this was more than likely a female in the SWAT gear. I have 3 specific women in mind with three very different motives behind it.

Two of the women have some really strong things that point to them, with specific details that would really make you go "hmmmmmmmmm".

The third one, I will just flat out say it. Brandon's sister acts SUPER defensive and weird any time an interview is given. She goes WAY out her way to defend Brandon and Randy, really aggressively and like she is about to attack. I realize this is simply some people's personalities, but it just feels so off.

So, if a mix of the other two women make you go "hmmm" and Randy, his wife, and Brandon are conveniently out of town, then who could suit up and take Missy out? She could have carried out the plan in the SWAT suit, which also could have made other people look like they were the ones in the suit.

I am not saying she did it, and my gut tells me that Randy and his crew weren't involved, but something is not quite right somewhere.

I check in occasionally on this case but don’t know all that most of you know, so if this has been discussed before, my apologies.
First I will say, I watched Pat Brown’s take on this and I kinda agree with her that MB wasn’t targeted.
My real comment or question is…it is pouring down rain outside, buckets of rain. The wandering SWAT suspect though doesn’t look wet at all to me. There is a small place on the floor in one hall that possibly could be water but why would it be just that one place?
Anyway, the suspect looks very dry and this is weird to me considering, from what I understand, that LE thinks the suspect spent time breaking in. I realize they might have been under the eave, but considering how hard it was raining, and adding in walking from a car to the side of the church, I don’t see how they could’ve been dry.
Please straighten me out if necessary. It’s just weird to me.
Google:
Here's a little tip: If you don't have a dryer, simply put the wet laundry in the (clean) oven! Then simply switch to defrost mode, if available, and the laundry will be dry again in no time (usually always between 40 and 60°C).

If the SP had a driver, the car may have stopped in front of the door, where he planned to break in. He would have gotten some gusts of rain, but not too bad probably.

Afaik, first the SP stayed in the kitchen for some time, when he had entered the building. I don't know, what other methods of drying clothes there are in a prof kitchen, maybe there are some.

Afaik, there is no surveillance camera in a kitchen; that he would have known, I think. So undress, put the uniform in the oven, wipe his shoes and his helmet with a cloth - done. Brazen enough was the perp anyway (and for the courage maybe at a certain level of being drunk).

Last edited:
Google:
Here's a little tip: If you don't have a dryer, simply put the wet laundry in the (clean) oven! Then simply switch to defrost mode, if available, and the laundry will be dry again in no time (usually always between 40 and 60°C).

If the SP had a driver, the car may have stopped in front of the door, where he planned to break in. He would have gotten some gusts of rain, but not too bad probably.

Afaik, first the SP stayed in the kitchen for some time, when he had entered the building. I don't know, what other methods of drying clothes there are in a prof kitchen, maybe there are some.

Afaik, there is no surveillance camera in a kitchen; that he would have known, I think. So undress, put the uniform in the oven, wipe his shoes and his helmet with a cloth - done. Brazen enough was the perp anyway (and for the courage maybe at a certain level of being drunk).

I have wondered if the perp put on their gear inside the kitchen (with it possible stashed) or if they simply had someone drop them off close to the kitchen door they broke into.

This exactly.

I find it REALLY hard to believe that someone was dressed that way, at that hour, in that particular place, and a woman “just happens” to be murdered.

It is difficult to come to any conclusion about whether or not Missy Bevers was targeted. My personal opinion is that she was targeted. However, I can definitely understand the other side of the argument. I would like to know about certain aspects of the case.

The first thing I would like to know is "Was Missy Bevers only shot or physically attacked with a blunt instrument and then shot?" If only shot, I think that strengthens the argument that she was not targeted versus someone actually taking the time to physically assault Missy Bevers and then shooting her, probably to make sure she dies.

Since the murder was not captured on video, it would also be interesting to know the position of Missy Bever's body when it was found and where it was found. What angle did the bullets enter her body? Is the angle and trajectory of the bullets consistent with someone who is standing close to the victim or further away?

If Missy Bevers entered the church and went up to the room all the way up the hall to the left to go inside because she heard something, then did the burglar shoot her out of fear in the dark(if the light in the room was off and they were using their headlamp)? Then she falls to the ground with her head pointing out of the room. The killer would have to walk around her body as they leave the room.

Or did Missy Bevers enter the church and go up the hallway to enter the same room, but heard something and turned around to see what it was behind her? Then the burglar shot her and she landed in that room's hallway with her head facing inside the room.

When the burglar comes out of the kitchen room door, what was the first room they went to? If you are there to burglarize, I think the first room you would want to go to would be the room that probably has the money, the church office.

My personal opinion is that this was a targeted crime, knowing only the information that is out there at this time. If it was a burglar, what type of experienced burglar wears boots? I guess it could be an inexperienced burglar, but it does not seem the burglar is at all concerned with someone driving into the parking lot as it seems like they never even once stop near a window to glance outside.

It is difficult to come to any conclusion about whether or not Missy Bevers was targeted. My personal opinion is that she was targeted. However, I can definitely understand the other side of the argument. I would like to know about certain aspects of the case.

The first thing I would like to know is "Was Missy Bevers only shot or physically attacked with a blunt instrument and then shot?" If only shot, I think that strengthens the argument that she was not targeted versus someone actually taking the time to physically assault Missy Bevers and then shooting her, probably to make sure she dies.

Since the murder was not captured on video, it would also be interesting to know the position of Missy Bever's body when it was found and where it was found. What angle did the bullets enter her body? Is the angle and trajectory of the bullets consistent with someone who is standing close to the victim or further away?

If Missy Bevers entered the church and went up to the room all the way up the hall to the left to go inside because she heard something, then did the burglar shoot her out of fear in the dark(if the light in the room was off and they were using their headlamp)? Then she falls to the ground with her head pointing out of the room. The killer would have to walk around her body as they leave the room.

Or did Missy Bevers enter the church and go up the hallway to enter the same room, but heard something and turned around to see what it was behind her? Then the burglar shot her and she landed in that room's hallway with her head facing inside the room.

When the burglar comes out of the kitchen room door, what was the first room they went to? If you are there to burglarize, I think the first room you would want to go to would be the room that probably has the money, the church office.

My personal opinion is that this was a targeted crime, knowing only the information that is out there at this time. If it was a burglar, what type of experienced burglar wears boots? I guess it could be an inexperienced burglar, but it does not seem the burglar is at all concerned with someone driving into the parking lot as it seems like they never even once stop near a window to glance outside.

Great questions. In my personal opinion, she was targeted too, but as Pat Brown mentioned it could have been a random stranger who was caught in the act of prowling.

Great questions. In my personal opinion, she was targeted too, but as Pat Brown mentioned it could have been a random stranger who was caught in the act of prowling.
Pat Brown has loads more experience and may know a lot more about this case than I do, but I don't see this as a random stranger crime.

Rather, I think MB was targeted by someone that she would have recognized had she seen this person's face. It's also possible that the perp wanted cover not just so MB wouldn't recognize his/her face, but also so that anyone attending the class who arrived early wouldn't recognize his/her face. And also, so that anyone viewing the church's surveillance video wouldn't recognize his/her face. It makes me wonder if the perp is somehow familiar with and associated with the church.

Thus the reason for the oversized and uncomfortable looking getup that provided nearly complete cover, but that somewhat impeded the wearer's ability to see or move. For example, when opening the dutch door, the perp opened the bottom only and seemed not to immediately recognize that the top had not opened as he/she almost moved forward into it before tipping his/her head to see better and realized he/she had to open the top too. The perp seemed to move through the place as though he/she had been there before, even as it looked like he/she was trying to look like a burglar.

Might there have been someone who thought it irreverent to have an exercise class in a church facility? Too loud, and too much exposed skin and immodest movements?

ETA: After posting, I checked the calendar and noted that the day this occurred (Apr 18, 2016) was a Monday. I wonder whether the perp either knew or expected that Sunday's collections would be in a safe on premises that early on Monday morning (i.e., before the counting of the collection for deposit to a bank)?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01
Back