TX TX - Tommy Lynn Sells

Has his unidentified victims ever been ID'd?

I am having a hard time finding a news source. But apparently Sells admitted to murders, one in 1988 in Salt Lake City, Utah, a unknown woman and her 3 year old son. Disposed of their bodies in Snake river in Idaho. Has any bones beem found nearby?

And also the 1989 murder of a unidentified prostitute in Truckee, California. A body was found in the place he mentioned. Has anyone found her Doe Network or NamUs profile?

Profile of the Coast to Coast Killer, Tommy Lynn Sells

I'm hoping that the Dardeen family massacre is still being investigated around Ina,Illinois. Ina Jane Doe's case has been funded by grant money, and I can't help but wonder if there is any DNA available in the Dardeen's case?

Sells is, without question, one of the most disturbing serial killers I’ve ever heard of.

He murdered, like, 23 people in some of the most sick and twisted ways imaginable. The Dardeen family homicide was so nightmarish to read about that I actually get uncomfortable describing it.

Sells, like Lucas, made up almost all of his "confessions". For the Dardeen case, he used information supplied by a certain wannabe "author".

I'm hoping that the Dardeen family massacre is still being investigated around Ina,Illinois. Ina Jane Doe's case has been funded by grant money, and I can't help but wonder if there is any DNA available in the Dardeen's case?
no ..no physical evidence was found of any kind ...with the amount of savagery committed here with a double scary sexual mutilation .. how is it that no hand was cut or dna left ? its so baffling

I really need a perspective on his link to the dardeen case...
he does have very similar savage crime but that isnt a good enough reason
he clearly fantasise about being the most monstrous killer ..that this being one of the most sadistic might give him gratification
we dont know.. what he got right ...but some details unpublished he was guessing at
however there are a couple of points
he got one detail right according to some detectives .thats alleged to be only known by someone who went inside the dardeen home.. which is a set of watermelon ceramic

another point is telling two far fetched stories about why and how he commited the crime..he started by the absurd sexual fantasy one.. when it was rejected
he shifted to the drug hit job
now we have first to believe that keith was involved in drugs and that this monster was going around erasing families for money ..also this doesn't explain how he got access to the house without breaking in
i swear idk.. its like 50/50 possibility
I am really furious this monster enjoyed telling theses acts of evil and wasnt even tried for the other crimes ...cause they were killing him anyway some 15 years later with some injection ..thats no justice in my eyes

Sells, prior to his execution had been analyzed by many professionals in the prison system over a period of years, along with being interviewed by investigators from the FBI and from several different states, and many felt that he made a number of false claims.

Sells retracted almost all his "confessions" before the execution, openly admitting to making things up, using rumors, newspapers, case files and jail gossip as sources. In prison, he was fed information by a certain "writer" who wanted to promote herself. He was Texas's second Henry Lee Lucas.

What if Sells and Ramirez weren't even involved in the Dardeen murders?

Dale Anderson--was he ever looked at? Impersonated a cop. Strangled/stabbed/bludgeoned a pregnant woman and her toddler son. Belleville and Ina are only about 70 miles apart. I sent an email to the Jefferson County Sheriff.

I am interested to know what everyone else thinks. I wonder if Anderson pretended to be a cop to get access to the Dardeen home. Then used gun, knife, and baseball bat.

Do the homicides of the Dardeen family have their own thread on Websleuths? If there was ever a crime that deserved to be definitively solved, it’s that one. The violence was beyond extreme. The only “proof” I’ve been able to ascertain of that Sells is responsible for the murders is that he supposedly knew information which wasn’t released to the public: IIRC, he was able to identify a set of watermelon ceramics which were inside the home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back