TX - Trial of Robert Durst in the murder of Morris Black

Agree...especially since this will be in Los Angeles and he's somewhat notorious, even though not in a good way.

MOO

LA studied Durst writing ten years ago with "inconclusive" results

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/09/n...ursts-friend-is-said-to-be-reopened.html?_r=0

While he sat in jail in Texas, the Los Angeles police sought a handwriting sample from Mr. Durst to compare with the “cadaver” letter. Investigators also compared a bullet fired from a 9-millimeter pistol found in Mr. Durst’s car after his arrest with the 9-millimeter bullet that killed Ms. Berman.

Both comparisons proved “inconclusive,” according to investigators then involved with the case.

Judge Criss tweet. Notice the date was before the finale. Guess it is pretty ironic considering he is now in jail.

Susan Criss @susancriss · Mar 10

Irony= waking up in Huntsville to calls about TV reports of re-reopened murder investigations realizing I am here and Robert Durst is not.

This Time, Durst Faces a Murder Charge in the Capital of Celebrity Trials

Mr. Durst’s notoriety has only grown, his life the subject of a six-part HBO documentary whose last episode was broadcast on Sunday, the day after his arrest. And the scene of his prosecution will be not Galveston but Los Angeles, that magnifying glass of celebrity misdeeds, where a media maelstrom is already forming.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/18/n...e-felony-charges-at-scene-of-arrest.html?_r=0

IMO the New Orleans charges are very important. Proving a murder after 15 years is going to be pretty difficult.
The felon in possession of a firearm carries a 10 year term iirc. It could put him behind bars if he gets acquitted in LA

Nah.. They need to get him on the murder and they can. Even 15 years later. They have him. The letter was sent to police by the killer. That is clear. His handwriting matches from the letter to police and the and the letter he sent 9 months before to Susan with money in it.
There are other samples of his handwriting and then the confession on the documentary.

New Orleans should let him go to LA and be arrested and put in jail for murder. If for some insane reason he is not convicted then by all means bring him back to NO for the weapons charges.

I saw this morning they have searched his home and took boxes out. They also said he was seen removing suitcases and his assistant went in after that and removed boxes.

I wonder what was removed from the home??

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...ching-Robert-Durst-s-Houston-home-6140019.php

Carol Martin, who has lived in the same Houston condominium building as Durst for a little more than a year, said she often saw him in the elevator, lobby or neighborhood with his backpack.

"He was just a quiet, old man," she said.

Durst waived extradition in New Orleans, but authorities there charged him with being a felon in possession of a gun and with having marijuana. Assistant District Mark Burton said investigators found more than a quarter-pound of pot and a revolver in his hotel room.

http://therealdeal.com/blog/2015/03...the-jinx-creators-rests-on-a-single-question/

Your docudrama relies on Robert’s self-serving, revisionist, and fictitious accounts of the past.” Douglas wrote in a letter to Jarecki dated Jan. 30 and used as evidence in the pending case. “You have spoken publicly about the tensions you have with your father…I am sorry that your relationship is dysfunctional, but do not use your movie to project your problems with your father onto mine.”

Robert’s arrest on Saturday, however, revealed that Jarecki and his team had in fact provided police with new evidence that could potentially link Robert to the murder of his friend Susan Berman in Los Angeles. Jarecki may look to use Robert’s own admission during the show’s final episode as further evidence that the filmmaker had not sided with him.

I have sought to portray Robert Durst as a human being in a fashion that could help explain some of his behavior, rather than as a burlesque figure,” Jarecki wrote in an affidavit. In his response to the petition, Jarecki asserted that his use of a casting director and dramatic reenactments in the series were not evidence of fictionalizing the story. He also claimed that he acted as a journalist and never made promises to Robert that the film would defend his innocence.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...below-a-charming-surface/ar-BBikc3m?ocid=iehp

This article is really interesting, IMO.

"We would have constant physical fights,” Douglas said. “We were both about the same height, but he, being about a year and a half older, usually came out on top, until I got to be a little bigger.”

"Douglas said he kept a piece of pipe in his office to protect himself because Robert would leave a sharp-pointed plumber’s wrench on his desk. Robert would come into the Durst offices late in the day, and Douglas said he installed a camera that showed Robert rifling through papers. Later, Douglas discovered his wastebasket filled with urine. The family elders did nothing, Douglas said, until one of their uncles found that his can also had been used as a urinal."

Uhm, can you imagine being his ASSISTANT?

1320397225_no_thanks_gag.jpg

I saw this morning they have searched his home and took boxes out. They also said he was seen removing suitcases and his assistant went in after that and removed boxes.

I wonder what was removed from the home??

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...ching-Robert-Durst-s-Houston-home-6140019.php

Carol Martin, who has lived in the same Houston condominium building as Durst for a little more than a year, said she often saw him in the elevator, lobby or neighborhood with his backpack.

"He was just a quiet, old man," she said.

Durst waived extradition in New Orleans, but authorities there charged him with being a felon in possession of a gun and with having marijuana. Assistant District Mark Burton said investigators found more than a quarter-pound of pot and a revolver in his hotel room.

BBM. As we all know, looks can be deceiving.

BTW, when you waive extradition, does that mean you will go willingly to the place of interest? Or woes waiving it mean you are going to fight it? It's seems obvious, I think, that that means you'd go willingly. I wonder why, In his mind, he would do this. How does it benefit him?

BBM. As we all know, looks can be deceiving.

BTW, when you waive extradition, does that mean you will go willingly to the place of interest? Or woes waiving it mean you are going to fight it? It's seems obvious, I think, that that means you'd go willingly. I wonder why, In his mind, he would do this. How does it benefit him?

He has waived his right to fight the extradition so it means he will go willingly to California to answer their charges against him.

Just turned on CNN. They have a story coming up about Durst being put on suicide watch and sent to another facility. Details to come I guess.

abc13

Houston police are searching the Rice Village condo of real estate heir and now murder suspect Robert Durst.

Durst's attorney Chip Lewis did not say why police are at Durst's condo in the 2500 block of Robinhood, but we know officers arrived there around noon Tuesday. A marked Houston police car and three unmarked cars were in front of a 17-story building, where Durst has three condominiums. At least five plainclothes officers were working

BBM

But Durst himself may have pointed to his condo, in a recording made while talking to himself in a bathroom immediately after a tense interview with the makers of a documentary about his life.

Just before saying he "killed them all," he says "I don't know what's in the house!"

http://www.kcra.com/news/sheriff-real-estate-heir-robert-durst-is-suicide-risk/31867962

BBM

But Durst himself may have pointed to his condo, in a recording made while talking to himself in a bathroom immediately after a tense interview with the makers of a documentary about his life.

Just before saying he "killed them all," he says "I don't know what's in the house!"

I caught that too! I wonder if they pulled up flooring, checked out the subfloor, etc. might uncover blood evidence.

Somthing that has been bugging me about Durst is the knowledge of a "bow saw". This guy doesn't appear to have a lot of hands on manual labor experience (IMO) - where would he gain knowledge that these are required to easily dismember a body? (Are they?) I'm not really familiar with saws and I know each have specific purposes but that just seemed weird.

Robert Durst reminds me a little of Phil Spector.

(I think I broke the quote - sorry)

OK. . . . just gotta ask . . . . . what's with all the peeing? Peed in the brother's waste can, the Uncle's waste can, the candy counter @ the CVS and he (assumingly) was peeing while making his excited utterance "confessions". Is Robert Durst "marking his territory"?

My daughter's friend who works in HR told me he once had to fire a professional person who was quite brilliant in his job but repeatedly would pee in co-worker's desk drawers. Apparently this person and his wife enjoyed this practice and they had many places of employment as a result. I had never heard of such a thing at the time, but then there's this case.

I agree that although he deserves to be punished he did have a sad childhood. In episode 2 he was telling how his father made him wave to his mother right before she jumped to her death. How horrific for a 7 year old. I think that event helped usher in his being emotionally twisted.

Douglas Durst has disputed Robert's account of seeing his mother jump several times. He says he and all of his siblings, including Robert, were ushered off to a neighbor's house when the 'accident' happened. Since we know Robert Durst to be slippery with telling "the whole truth", I think it is plausible he came up with this to make himself seem more sympathetic, and because he'd always hated his father and resented Douglas, to make his father look more like a monster. He probably partially blamed his mother's suicide on his father anyway. Lost a mother very young + no attachment to father, as indicated by how he refers to him in the documentary very formally as "Seymour" and not his father, yet he still refers to his mother as "mommy". Losing a mother to suicide at that age is horrible nonetheless.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/18/nyregion/a-durst-sibling-recounts-the-violent-ripples-below-a-charming-surface.html?_r=0

OK. . . . just gotta ask . . . . . what's with all the peeing? Peed in the brother's waste can, the Uncle's waste can, the candy counter @ the CVS and he (assumingly) was peeing while making his excited utterance "confessions". Is Robert Durst "marking his territory"?

My daughter's friend who works in HR told me he once had to fire a professional person who was quite brilliant in his job but repeatedly would pee in co-worker's desk drawers. Apparently this person and his wife enjoyed this practice and they had many places of employment as a result. I had never heard of such a thing at the time, but then there's this case.

I think he did this for 1 of 3 possible reasons, and maybe ALL 3:
1. Marking his territory, like a dog; it's his way of saying to whatever property he is peeing on, "I own you". Quite a sociopathic move if you ask me.
2. He did tell Douglas once that he basically enjoyed f*&king with people - he enjoyed being weird to get a reaction out of people. I think Robert, like other sociopaths, was an "observer" of people and enjoyed conducting his own personal social experiments on them. He just did it because he could, and because he wanted to see how they would react. Sociopaths are also easily bored.
3. I think he never wanted to be part of the family business, was resentful of being rich and being forced to participate in the business, and wanted to see how far he could go before they would kick him out. I think he wanted to get kicked out so he could be free. He also talked in the documentary about being jealous of people he met who were NOT born rich (!) because they could accomplish things on their own merit, not because they had money and connections.

I've been putting thought intp this. I think it's easy to say the Dursts didn't do anything to help Kathy's case, but without a body and with Robert roaming free, there wasn't much they COULD do. Douglas has been afraid of Robert since he was a little kid, and he knows he's capable of taking out people close to him who have become threats without a second thought. I think the family was hoping the police could resolve this case without their involvement. How they responded to Kathy's family is of course pretty unforgivable, but I think in the context of having a sociopathic brother who is capable of getting away with murder, it's understandable that they would want to put their heads down and pretend it didn't happen, out of fear that Robert would find out and come after them.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bcamcrane
Back