UK - 22 dead in explosion at Ariana Grande gig, Manchester, 22 May 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrorist misanthropy and these evil acts will never defeat the goodness in mankind. Philanthropy will prevail.

Bluesneakers, that was what I was thinking as well.

Leaving a bag or something on this side of the metal detectors.

One of the witnesses said she was standing in the foyer by a ticket desk, heard the explosion, felt heat on her neck and when she looked down - there were bodies.

Praying for all.

Detonating a bomb outside the security check point or metal detectors was attempted at the Stade de France.I believe a security guard stopped him.

During the last war, show people, until the theaters were closed, used regularly to visit and entertain casualties in hospital and those sheltering in the Underground, during the Blitz itself.

It is the fourth anniversary of the knife, machete murder of British soldier Lee Rigby by two Islamist extremists who were later sentenced to life imprisonment.

Detonating a bomb outside the security check point or metal detectors was attempted at the Stade de France.I believe a security guard stopped him.

My take is he was standing there -- waiting for the crowd to exit and blew himself up

Terrorist misanthropy and these evil acts will never defeat the goodness in mankind. Philanthropy will prevail.

Yup! The number of people helping vastly outweighs the number of people who committed this act.
Evil can cause huge problems but it is NOT the biggest force in the world!
Never despair, never fear, it's what they want.

Oh, god. How awful. Terror attacks are becoming more and more frequent, it would seem. At this point, I am no longer surprised by news such as this although I am never any less disgusted or saddened.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of those affected. :rose:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...arena-ariana-grande-concert-explosion-england
[h=2]Greater Manchester chief constable: full statement[/h] Here is the full update from Greater Manchester chief constable Ian Hopkins:

I can confirm the details of events tonight that we currently know. At around 10.33pm last night we received reports of an explosion at the Manchester Arena in the city centre. It was at the conclusion of an Ariana Grande concert.

Currently we have 19 people confirmed to have died and around 50 people injured.
The injured are being treated at six hospitals across Greater Manchester. My thoughts are with all those who have been affected and we are doing all we can to support them.
Officers from GMP and emergency services are working at the scene and are supporting those affected. We are coordinating the response from GMP headquarters.
An emergency number is available for those who are concerned about loved ones or anyone who may have been in the area. It is 0161 856 9400.
We are currently treating this as a terrorist incident until we know otherwise. We are working closely with the national counter-terrorism policing network and UK intelligence partners.
This is clearly a concerning time for people but we are doing all we can, working with local and national agencies to support those affected and gather information about what has happened tonight. As you will understand, we are still receiving information and updates, so will provide more details when we have a clearer picture.
I want to thank people for their support and would ask them to remain vigilant and if they have any concerns report them in confidence to us on the anti-terrorist hotline: 0800 789321.
It is important people avoid the area so that we can effectively deal with the incident.

Just heartsick. Sending out much love to Manchester. :heartbeat:

Woman, Charlotte Campbell crying on CNN says she cannot reach her daughter Olivia, or her friend Adam, asking for any news of them.

[video=cnn;world/2017/05/22/uk-incident-at-ariana-grande-concert.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/22/europe/live-blog-manchester-arena/index.html[/video]
Local broadcaster Amy Scarisbrick described scenes of "little girls wearing baby pink Ariana Grande T-shirts, crying their eyes out ... saying please get me home."

Sadly, again we pray and stand with those in the UK.

CNN has just had a very emotional mum called Charlotte on, who has lost contact with her 15 year old daughter Olivia, she was at the concert and it is absolutely heartbreaking. Her daughter's phone is going to voicemail.

CNN has just had a very emotional mum called Charlotte on, who has lost contact with her 15 year old daughter Olivia, she was at the concert and it is absolutely heartbreaking. Her daughter's phone is going to voicemail.

God. It's all so tragic. :(

I would be freaking out and dialling non-stop. My heart breaks for the woman.

http://www.news.com.au/world/europe...r/news-story/2a41d371c39849c8a9bd6ca12e3a38e2
IGNORE THE TROLLS. OLIVIA HAS NOW BEEN OFFICIALLY REPORTED AS A MISSING PERSON. ANYONE WHO SEES HER OR IS WITH HER CONTACT ME. #MANCHESTER
Olivia Campbell
DAek8ZPXUAUyudF.jpg

No mother should ever experience this. Hoping for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lola21