UK UK - Annie Dryden, 20, last seen in Middlesbrough, 04 Jan 2024

Our search for missing Annie Dryden is extending to the Castleton area of the North York Moors.

Annie, 20, from Middlesbrough, was last seen when she got off a train at Battersby in North Yorkshire at around 2:38pm on Thursday 4 January, having boarded at James Cook train station in Middlesbrough at 2:09pm that day.

Members of the public may see officers in the village of Castleton as they follow up information provided by members of the public.

Detective Chief Inspector Fionna McEwan, said: “We’re continuing our search for Annie including house to house, CCTV, public transport enquiries and enquiries behind the scenes.

“While Annie is very familiar with the outdoors and wild camping, she has now been missing for nearly two weeks and we remain very concerned for her safety. If she is still outside, she is likely to be wet and muddy and in need of supplies. We continue to urge local residents to check their sheds and outbuildings for any signs that someone has sought shelter.

“We are following up all potential reports from members of the public and my thanks go to them for their support with our appeal. However, at this stage her train journey on 4 January remains the last confirmed sighting.”

DCI McEwan added: "We also appeal direct to Annie, that if she sees or hears this appeal, please get in touch with your friends, family or the police and let us know that you are safe. If you prefer not to speak to us, you can let the missing people charity know by calling 116000 and they will pass on a message."

Annie is described as around 5ft 10in tall and of slim build. She has dark hair with a distinctive blonde fringe and a scar above her top lip. Annie was carrying a green and black backpack when she was last seen.

Anyone with any information should call North Yorkshire Police on 101.
If you have an immediate sighting of Annie or know where she is now, please call 999.
Please quote incident number 12240005550.

Over the weekend officers carried out extensive searches in the area of Battersby and further afield with the support of mountain rescue volunteers and the National Police Air Service.

At this point with the inclement weather and messages she departed with, positive outcomes seem so unlikely. Please share online for thpse who may be able to search as much as possible for closure. heartbreaking.

At this point with the inclement weather and messages she departed with, positive outcomes seem so unlikely. Please share online for thpse who may be able to search as much as possible for closure. heartbreaking.

Sorry if I've missed it but what were the departing messages? I've not seen this mentioned in MSM, only the fact she has deleted social media and was not communicating with anyone. The police have been stating she is possibly wild camping, either way it doesn't seem like a positive outcome as it's been very cold lately

Bumping this thread it seems to have gone very quiet.

The weather outside has been freezing recently and the last few days we’ve had winds of up to 90mph - unless she’s being helped and has a place of refuge I cannot see a positive outcome.

North Yorkshire Police have issued a statement about the search for Annie (which I have edited below for brevity):

Officers from North Yorkshire Police are extending their appeal to locate a missing person to Sidcup in South East London.

Annie Dryden, 20, was initially reported missing to Cleveland Police with enquiries leading North Yorkshire Police obtaining primacy of the investigation on Wednesday, 10 January.

Today (Wednesday, 24 January) officers have asked the Metropolitan Police Service to share their appeal with local media and their communities after links between Annie and Sidcup were established.

Senior Investigating Officer Detective Chief Inspector Fionna McEwan, said: “The focus of our search is still very much in the North Yorkshire and Cleveland areas where the last confirmed sightings of Annie were. We do not want people in these areas to stop looking out for Annie or not report any potential sightings of her.
“However, as Annie has not yet been located in these areas and we know she has links to south east London we wanted to extend our appeal to those in this area.

“Although the appeal to find Annie has been prominent in the North East of England and Yorkshire, if Annie has travelled south she may not be fully aware of the coverage, which is why we are now asking for our appeal to be shared in this area.

“We needed to do this to help find you. Once we know you are ok, we will remove your image from our website and social media channels and will work with the media to do the same."

North Yorkshire Police Facebook page (unedited statement)

North Yorkshire Police have issued a statement about the search for Annie (which I have edited below for brevity):

Officers from North Yorkshire Police are extending their appeal to locate a missing person to Sidcup in South East London.

Annie Dryden, 20, was initially reported missing to Cleveland Police with enquiries leading North Yorkshire Police obtaining primacy of the investigation on Wednesday, 10 January.

Today (Wednesday, 24 January) officers have asked the Metropolitan Police Service to share their appeal with local media and their communities after links between Annie and Sidcup were established.

Senior Investigating Officer Detective Chief Inspector Fionna McEwan, said: “The focus of our search is still very much in the North Yorkshire and Cleveland areas where the last confirmed sightings of Annie were. We do not want people in these areas to stop looking out for Annie or not report any potential sightings of her.
“However, as Annie has not yet been located in these areas and we know she has links to south east London we wanted to extend our appeal to those in this area.

“Although the appeal to find Annie has been prominent in the North East of England and Yorkshire, if Annie has travelled south she may not be fully aware of the coverage, which is why we are now asking for our appeal to be shared in this area.

“We needed to do this to help find you. Once we know you are ok, we will remove your image from our website and social media channels and will work with the media to do the same."

North Yorkshire Police Facebook page (unedited statement)
The bit at the bottom of the statement reads to me like they believe she has just ran away.

I’m not sure how much longer the police will keep putting resources into this case.

Damn, I know the North York Moors are about as vast a wilderness as you can get in somewhere like England but, they really seem to be struggling. It's like after she got off the train in Battersby they have no trace of her whatsoever!

I'm so intrigued by Annies disappearance, she really does seem to have just vanished. I hope her family gets answers soon, she appears fit and healthy so I'm guessing she made a conscious decision to go missing, but i could be wrong (like I was with Leah Croucher)

A body has been found in the search for Annie. No formal confirmation has been made yet.

April 27, 2024

A body has been found today (April 27) in the search for missing 20-year-old Middlesbrough woman Annie Dryden.

Very sad news.

I thought this was the only possible outcome from early on in this case - especially as the UK weather in the first few days of her disappearance was extremely cold.

My thoughts go to her family I hope this gives the family some closure

Annie I’m sorry that you felt this was your only way out - I hope you’re at peace now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Babs1966
Back