UK - Brian Low, 65, shot while walking dog, Aberfeldy, 17th February 2024

Thanks for that. I think this might be an important quote from the police, which I've not seen reported elsewhere yet:
"They also confirmed they did not believe it could have been an accident"

Likely either because of the gun/bullet used, or because the trajectory/distance of the shot wouldn't allow for an accident. Burn marks, for example, would mean the gun was pressed against the skin. Which doesn't generally happen by accident.

You have to wonder how much evidence was lost in the time between the body being found and them calling it a murder. The scene wouldn't have been secured until it was and that means walkers will have trampled all over anything that might have been found.
I was thinking the same thing.

Sad that a man was just walking his dog, probably what he does most days and now he is dead :(

Just watched a short report on the BBC and apparently he died of a shotgun wound to the chest and neck! How did Police miss that? It must surely have been fairly obvious. Also, now looks like he was killed by someone at fairly close range.

There must surely be a name floating about in such a small community? Perhaps a lack of evidence is the problem given it took a number of days to actually identify that a crime had been committed.

All very strange.

So they found a grey-haired dead man, assumed heart attack (or similar) due to age and let him lay in a fridge for a week without once checking his body?
??

"Police Scotland initially classed Brian Low's death as a "medical event" before launching a murder hunt a week later when they found gunshot wounds on his body."
"Former superintendent Martin Gallagher, who retired from the force in 2022, says there are concerns over the officers who discovered Mr Low's body and wrote the case off as non-suspicious."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theonce-ler
Back