GUILTY UK - Brianna Ghey, 16, murdered in Culcheth Linear Park, Feb 2023 *2 teenagers charged*

The trial of a schoolboy and girl accused of murdering 16-year-old Brianna Ghey has been pushed back.

The two accused, a boy of 15 and a girl aged 16, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were scheduled to go on trial in July at Liverpool Crown Court. But at a hearing on Friday, May 26, before Mrs Justice Yip, a new trial date was set for November 27.

The trial will also take place at Manchester Crown Court and is estimated to last up to three weeks. The 50-minute hearing on Friday dealt with issues which cannot be reported ahead of the trial.

One of two teenagers accused of murdering 16-year-old Brianna Ghey has pleaded not guilty.
The transgender girl from Birchwood, Warrington, died after she was found with fatal stab wounds in Culcheth Linear Park on 11 February.
Two 16-year-olds, a boy and a girl, who cannot be named due to their age, were charged with her murder.
One of the defendants entered the plea at Manchester Crown Court. The other defendant did not enter a plea.
Reporting restrictions prevent the identification of which of the defendants entered the plea.

Neither accused can be named by court order because of their age and are identified only as girl X, from Warrington, and boy Y, from Leigh, Greater Manchester.

Both are held in secure youth accommodation.

A jury is expected to be selected later today before the trial begins before Mrs Justice Yip

Was someone trying to stop this new BS pet project in FL from being put into action?
Opinions about this project probably varied.
Why HS then? I don't believe, she would have supported it on her own?

2​
T20237046​
*******​
Details:- No Information To Display -
For Trial - Case Started - 10:24
For Trial - Reporting Restrictions. For details please contact the Court Manager - 11:17
For Trial - Case Started - 10:24
For Trial - Reporting Restrictions. For details please contact the Court Manager - 11:17
For Trial - Interpreter Sworn - 11:58
For Trial - Case adjourned until 13:45 - 12:32
For Trial - Resume - 13:45
For Trial - Jury Sworn In - 14:35
For Trial - Trial Ineffective - 14:47

www.thelawpages.com

Trial Cracked or IneffectiveThe trial will not be proceeding. A cracked trial means that the defendant has pleaded guilty to enough of the charges or the prosecution are offering no evidence against the defendant so that the defendant has been acquitted.
An ineffective trial means that the trial cannot go ahead on this date but will be heard again at another time.

www.justice.gov.uk

I don't think the reporting is too different in the MEN, but WG haven't mentioned this. I'm not really surprised, must be really hard to be on this jury.
______

13:09ANDREW BARDSLEY

One member of jury has been replaced​

The judge says that one of the 12 members of the jury has difficulties serving on the case and has been discharged. They have now been replaced with one of the two replacement jurors.
The case is being adjourned for lunch, to return at 2pm.

"Girl X then tells him: “I’m hallucinating. Voices and seeing things. Random shadowy figures and my room being on fire, similar to schizophrenia.”

She later continues: “Ii sometimes experience really weird s***. Myself covered in Laydon’s blood. Hearing Laydon’s voice or screams or him choking on blood. Snd myself smiling, holding the knife then disappearing. It’s really vivid.”"

<modsnip>

MOD NOTE:

This is a trial thread to discuss the trial only. It is not a general discussion thread.

Although WS is based in the USA, we do try to manage the various discussions according to laws of other countries.

As this trial is in the UK, the case is under sub judice so please stick to discussing the trial content without posting anything that violates the following principles:

Basically anything that may prejudice the accused’s right to a fair trial
Any suggestion, opinion, or direct accusation that the accused is either guilty OR innocent
(i.e. the accused cannot be called "the killer"; use "the accused", "the alleged killer", or "the defendant")
A defendant’s previous history of any offences is off limits
Scandalizing the court (disparaging judges, lawyers, any officer of the Court) is off limits
Broadcasting anything about proceedings which happen in the jury's absence is off limits
Any non compliance with an Order of the court is off limits

Note in the event of an Appeal subsequent to verdict:

Appeals are usually heard by senior judges who are not likely to be influenced by the media, therefore responsible comment is usually considered acceptable once a trial has concluded, regardless of if there is going to be an appeal.

Reference: UK Contempt of Court Act 1981

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl
Back