UK - Caroline Glachan, 14, ‘arrests over her murder’ Renton Dumbartonshire,1996

I'm a bit confused about the idea of a 4 year old describing a 14 year old as a "wee lassie". I'd have thought that, at the time, she'd have been a "big girl" to him. But I suppose he might have been parroting the words of the older ones. Or maybe he just wanted to sound big himself... It must have been very traumatic for him. He said he "closed his eyes" when she went into the water.
He might mean it in relation to the other people he saw. The others allegedly there were a few years older than Caroline so presumably a bit bigger and she could be called a "wee lassie" compared to them.

EVIDENCE COMPLETED IN TRIAL:

MURDER ACCUSED PICTURED FOR FIRST TIME:

MAN CONFESSED TO MURDER:

Latest - Jury retires for second day:

A jury has retired for a second day to consider its verdict in the trial of three people accused of murdering a teenager in Scotland 27 years ago.

The 15 jurors must decide whether to convict or acquit any, or all three, of the accused over the death of Caroline Glachan.

Lord Braid sent the jury out to consider its verdict for a second day on Wednesday morning.

Wow, a guilty verdict after all these years. It gives some hope on other cold cases that there may yet be justice.

Does anyone happen to know how / when Sarah Jane O’Neill, the late girlfriend of one of those convicted, and who was with the convicted on the night of the murder, died? Mentioned here: Caroline Glachan: Three guilty of murdering schoolgirl 27 years ago

Finally! :mad:
But
Better late than never...

" 'She can rest in peace now'

Murdered Caroline Glachan's mother holds back tears as her daughter's three killers are finally brought to justice

27 years after her body was found in river."

Last edited:
They got them in the end. Thank god for the police that reviewed the case and saw that the original officers didn't do a very good job.

Feel so sorry for her parents. Very sad

Also sad when you read details about the case as so many of the witnesses are now dead, I think this area has a serious drug problem

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused about the idea of a 4 year old describing a 14 year old as a "wee lassie". I'd have thought that, at the time, she'd have been a "big girl" to him. But I suppose he might have been parroting the words of the older ones. Or maybe he just wanted to sound big himself... It must have been very traumatic for him. He said he "closed his eyes" when she went into the water.
Perhaps she was a wee lassie in comparison to the 4 in the group who murdered her?? At any rate, he sounds like he was highly articulate and made an excellent witness. I only wish authorities had acted on it sooner.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Engeluc
Back