UK UK - Charlene Downes, 14, Blackpool England, Nov 2003

Charlene's documentary is online if you want to watch.

@sportstergirl's post may also be relevant:

Type Charlene Downes Pinterest in the computer search bar. Several social services and police statements are in the public domain

Thank you, I have seen it but what I mean is that the show gave more of an inside look just in general

Charlene's documentary is online if you want to watch.

@sportstergirl's post may also be relevant:

Type Charlene Downes Pinterest in the computer search bar. Several social services and police statements are in the public domain

Thank you, I have seen it but what I mean is that the show gave more of an inside look just in general

Still no media interest, a new picture of her has recently been found from the day she went missing.

I have not heard of the tile grout, and he was a Foster dad not social worker.

She still hasn't been found bless her

Still no media interest, a new picture of her has recently been found from the day she went missing.

that picture is horrific. no wonder her parents gave them old photos. Someone says her tooth looked dead, like someone had destroyed the nerves...I have a feeling that one may have come from home

I've just seen this other picture and it really is shocking. No wonder nobody had seen anything of her, she looked nothing like the pictures released at the time. If you see the 4 main pictures side by side it's almost like you can see her decline over the years, so sad.

You can even see from the CCTV footage (even though it's poor quality being 2003) that she looks nothing like the school photos.

Where’s this new picture??

It's not actually new, it was shown on BBC Crimewatch way back in 2014. I don't know if this was the first time it had been shared or it had been shown before BBC Crimewatch put it up. It's just came to light again as one of the Facebook groups posted it and a lot of people haven't seen it.

Having seen the crime watch picture sharpened up (posted on a Facebook page for CD) I have to say I’m shocked by the difference between this picture and the much younger looking school pictures. It’s almost as if they either don’t have pictures of her as a 14 year old or had reasons for using the younger ones IMO.
The state of her front tooth and the weight she had lost is very upsetting, can’t imagine what she was going through at that point.

There has been speculation over the identity of "Charlene" & "Becky"in this photo. "Charlene" is seen with no coat despite it being November in Blackpool. She also has a much longer fringe than the Carousel bar pictures with the bad teeth. Charlene was only 5'1" yet appears to be taller than "Becky"
"Becky" in the white jacket and cap is much heavier built than usual photos. I had often thought it was Emma the eldest daughter. Emma is heavily built. Could it be Becky and Emma impersonating Becky and Charlene

There has been speculation over the identity of "Charlene" & "Becky"in this photo. "Charlene" is seen with no coat despite it being November in Blackpool. She also has a much longer fringe than the Carousel bar pictures with the bad teeth. Charlene was only 5'1" yet appears to be taller than "Becky"
"Becky" in the white jacket and cap is much heavier built than usual photos. I had often thought it was Emma the eldest daughter. Emma is heavily built. Could it be Becky and Emma impersonating Becky and Charlene

Interesting. Judging by the surroundings and other people I'd say personally there's no way that the girl highlighted as being Charlene in that CCTV is only 5'1".

Then again what's the source for her height? For example if that was the height given when she went missing we can probably take it with a pinch of salt, the parents also claimed she looked like that little girl in the school photo when we all now know she didn't.

Is there any corroboration of Charlene’s ‘mother’ seeing her that night?

I’m sure she was seen with a social worker but I can’t recall what time that was. I think she was talking and was hoping to be removed from home. I’m also thinking others in the home were not happy about that. All MOO of course.

Karen claims to have seen Charlene and Becky around 1830 hours. At about 1845 Charlene phoned her friends from a phone box ( now removed) in Leopold Grove. Becky went home to either revise for an exam despite being expelled from school or have her evening meal despite having been to McDonald. She had been living with a man in his late 40s since she was 14 with parental consent! This man was also having a relationship with Karen and Charlene at the same time.
Karen claims that the bus arrived at the Winter Gardens bus stop around 1900 hours and Charlene walked up to the stop to meet her friends. They walked towards the seafront. Lancashire police have Charlene walking towards Caunce Street in the opposite direction!
I was a bus driver at the time and buses were diverted via Cookson Street after 1700 hours due to heavy illumination traffic . It's impossible to see Cookson Street bus stop from the Church Street junction with Leopold Grove Karen was. This is one version of Karen's last sight of Charlene.
In another version she claims the man she was having an affair with walked her and Charlene home to 109 Buchanan Street between 2130 & 2145 hours!

Supposedly by Nigel Lloyd around 2330 hours at the alley. One of Charlene's friends also says this.

Karen claims to have seen Charlene and Becky around 1830 hours. At about 1845 Charlene phoned her friends from a phone box ( now removed) in Leopold Grove. Becky went home to either revise for an exam despite being expelled from school or have her evening meal despite having been to McDonald. She had been living with a man in his late 40s since she was 14 with parental consent! This man was also having a relationship with Karen and Charlene at the same time.
Karen claims that the bus arrived at the Winter Gardens bus stop around 1900 hours and Charlene walked up to the stop to meet her friends. They walked towards the seafront. Lancashire police have Charlene walking towards Caunce Street in the opposite direction!
I was a bus driver at the time and buses were diverted via Cookson Street after 1700 hours due to heavy illumination traffic . It's impossible to see Cookson Street bus stop from the Church Street junction with Leopold Grove Karen was. This is one version of Karen's last sight of Charlene.
In another version she claims the man she was having an affair with walked her and Charlene home to 109 Buchanan Street between 2130 & 2145 hours!

The whole case is full of these glaring inconsistencies from those closest to Charlene isn't it? It just shows what an utterly shameful job the police have done. It seems they were so laser focused on MR and IA being the culprits that they didn't bother properly investigating these clearly bull accounts from those closest to Charlene.

The whole case is full of these glaring inconsistencies from those closest to Charlene isn't it? It just shows what an utterly shameful job the police have done. It seems they were so laser focused on MR and IA being the culprits that they didn't bother properly investigating these clearly bull accounts from those closest to Charlene.

I’ve read through screeds of information on this case, including the Pinterest files. Really struggling to get my head around how badly she was let down!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back