UK UK - Christopher Halliwell, suspected serial killer

Sept 29 2019
A Confession killer Christopher Halliwell quizzed about another unsolved murder
Julie Finlay.

"A witness claims he has crucial evidence linking killer Christopher Halliwell to an unsolved murder.

Cold case officers are probing the fresh lead, uncovered by the Daily Mirror, into the death of Julie Finley.

The witness told Merseyside police on Friday that taxi driver Halliwell, portrayed on Monday night in ITV’s A Confession, was staying four miles from where her body was found in 1994.

He also gave details of a white van the fiend, now 55, allegedly drove which was similar to one spotted at the scene."

"Julie, 23, was battling drug addiction when last seen alive just after 11pm on Friday, August 5, in central Liverpool.

Her naked body was discovered the next day 15 miles away in a field close to a lay-by on the A570 Rainford bypass.

Halliwell, of Swindon, Wilts, was working in North Wales at the time but living at nearby Aughton Park, Ormskirk.

A woman told police that Julie had said she was going to see a taxi driver."

Sept 29 2019
A Confession killer Christopher Halliwell quizzed about another unsolved murder
Julie Finlay.

"A witness claims he has crucial evidence linking killer Christopher Halliwell to an unsolved murder.

Cold case officers are probing the fresh lead, uncovered by the Daily Mirror, into the death of Julie Finley.

The witness told Merseyside police on Friday that taxi driver Halliwell, portrayed on Monday night in ITV’s A Confession, was staying four miles from where her body was found in 1994.

He also gave details of a white van the fiend, now 55, allegedly drove which was similar to one spotted at the scene."

"Julie, 23, was battling drug addiction when last seen alive just after 11pm on Friday, August 5, in central Liverpool.

Her naked body was discovered the next day 15 miles away in a field close to a lay-by on the A570 Rainford bypass.

Halliwell, of Swindon, Wilts, was working in North Wales at the time but living at nearby Aughton Park, Ormskirk.

A woman told police that Julie had said she was going to see a taxi driver."

Here is another report associated with the one above:

Grieving mum of murdered Julie Finley begs 'A Confession' maniac Christopher Halliwell to help solve killing

Here are a couple of reports about the Julie Finley case:

£20,000 reward to solve 1994 murder

Police offer £20k reward on anniversary of Julie Finley killing

This report is about the TV Series so not sure how much truth there is in it:

A Confession: Who is Myra Hindley? Moors Murderer was Christopher Halliwell’s ‘hero’

Last edited:
Also from that link above, Becky's mother Karen Edwards believes Halliwell killed several more girls:

‘He is definitely a serial killer,’ says Karen, 55, with absolute conviction. ‘I believe he has been up and down the country murdering young women. He used to be a groundworker up north – I know somebody who worked with him on the same building site. He would go and have a pint with the lads and then disappear. Serial killers are usually triggered by dates. That [19th March] was the day that Halliwell broke up with one of his partners.

Claudia Lawrence - 18th/19th March 2009
Halliwell was familiar with York – his father lived in Huddersfield – and the description of Claudia’s murderer is identical to him – a left-handed smoker, 5ft 8-10in, with slightly receding hair and a skinny build. ‘Claudia was reported missing from her home on March 19, 2009 – exactly two years to the day before Sian. It is also the same date that Linda Razzell disappeared.’
UK - UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #2

Linda Razzell - 19th March 2002
Karen is convinced that Halliwell is also responsible for the murder of Linda Razzell, who disappeared on March 19, 2002, after dropping her children off at school and driving into Swindon town centre. Her husband Glyn was convicted of her murder but always protested his innocence.
Deceased/Not Found - UK - Linda Razzell-Davies, Wiltshire, 19 March 2002 *G. Razzell guilty*

Sally Ann John - 8th Sept 1995
Karen believes Halliwell may have killed 23-year-old prostitute Sally Ann John, who was classified as a missing person in 1995.
‘She was a Swindon girl and knew him well,’ she says. ‘She used to live in the same street as Halliwell, baby-sit his kids and take his taxis.’
No thread

Melanie Hall - 9h June 1996
She also thinks that he was involved in the murder of Melanie Hall, who disappeared from a Bath nightclub the following year. ‘She was taken by an unmarked taxi,’ adds Karen. ‘He has to be in the frame.’
UK - UK - Melanie Hall, 25, Bath, Somerset, 9 June 1996

Here is a recent report about the Melanie Hall case:

Murdered woman's parents 'still raw' 23 years on

Here are few more reports this one from The Telegraph:

Killers of hospital worker Melanie Hall may have left DNA on rope used to conceal her body, police reveal

This one from the Evening Standard:

Traces of DNA found on rope could hold clue to 1996 murder

This one from Sky News:

Blue rope could hold DNA clue into 1996 murder of Melanie Hall

Looking at the Melanie Hall case the nightclub might be some similarities to other Halliwell cases. If they have DNA I assume they could check it against Halliwell.

:dunno: :dunno:

View attachment 102165

Michaela Hague was 25 years old when she was stabbed to death while working the streets of Sheffield on November 5, 2001.

Michaela Hague, http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/no-police-working-on-sheffield-murder-case-1-6941087

A sex worker told officers she saw a car, believed to be an old style blue Ford Sierra, driving off from the scene.

PC Richard Twigg jotted down Michaela’s description of her attacker on his hand. She told him the man was white, clean shaven, wore a wedding ring and where he picked her up from.

Michaela told the officer he was around 38 years old, about 6ft tall and was wearing a blue fleece and glasses.

prostitutionmurders:uk []

Here are details of a recent appeal in the Michaela Hague case which was on Bonfire Night:

Police make fresh appeal over historic case to catch killer of Sheffield mother

A new Senior Investigating Officer has now been appointed to the case, who says they will continue to work to bring her family some closure.

stream_img.jpg

Julie photographed as a child on the day of her first communion. Credit: Family photo
Police say they are very keen to speak to a friend of Julie's, called Tina.

Tina contacted the investigation team shortly after Julie's murder, telling officers that on the night of the murder Julie had said she was going to meet a taxi driver from Prescot.

Merseyside Police say Tina promised to re-contact the officers she had spoken to, but never phoned back.

A £20,000 reward for information which leads to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible is being offered.
Julie Finley: 'vital' witness urged to talk 25 years on from unsolved murder

Does anyone remember the article on Chris Halliwell in the Sunday Express (I think) regarding the murder sketches, I understand they were taken out of the public view due to the court case. I wondered if anyone had a copy.
If you don't want to publish a photo just PM me a photo or scan. Thanks

Does anyone remember the article on Chris Halliwell in the Sunday Express (I think) regarding the murder sketches, I understand they were taken out of the public view due to the court case. I wondered if anyone had a copy.
If you don't want to publish a photo just PM me a photo or scan. Thanks
Have not so far located any pics of the sketches, but this article discusses them..fwiw
Oct 2016
Halliwell sketches could lead to more gruesome murders, ex-detective reveals
''THE detective who caught double murderer Christopher Halliwell has told how a stash of sketches may give vital clues to the places where other victims are buried.

In an interview with the Sunday People, Steve Fulcher said a stash of puzzling pencil drawings was seized at Halliwell's home and he believes the sketches of rural scenes could help police to uncover more murders.''

''But Mr Fulcher said a forensic psychologist helping with the investigation believed the killer probably drew the sketches as macabre trophies of his crimes.

Mr Fulcher said: “There were a good dozen or so sketches that I saw and they were all of remote locations. One of my lines of inquiry was obviously to try to identify where these places were.

“All the evidence pointed to there being more victims. The theory I was working on was that if I could find those locations I could find other victims.”

Mr Fulcher – whose resigned after he broke Police and Criminal Evidence Act guidelines while nailing Halliwell – called in experts to help identify the locations and supplied sketches to other police forces.''

Thank you for your prompt reply, I have read article after article but the pictures are no longer there. I remember seeing them and discussing them. Can you remember any of them, I remember a picture of a stone cross on a raised platform (unusual for Wiltshire more usual for North Yorkshire) a diamond wood, a pond. Can anyone remember anymore pictures

Whilst it seems probable that Halliwell had other victims some care is needed in throwing around possible names. As an example Linda Millard is included as a possible in a post from some time ago. She disappeared in 1996 from Somerset (or Avon -I can never remember where the border is for these counties). But it has long been known that she had gangland connections through her partner and that this is a far more likely cause of her going missing (for those interested a write up on the Millard case is at Police intelligence links disappearance of Linda Millard to gangland murders - The Bristol Cable). There is a danger that Halliwell, like other offenders such as Robert Black and Peter Tobin, becomes a damaging decoy for other offenders.

This is an interesting chart listing together various missing people cases.
North Yorks Enquirer | Christopher Halliwell: The Secret Murders Part 3

I am leaning towards Claudia Lawrence being a potential victim of Christopher Halliwell.
She disappeared from York but I am thinking maybe he could have taken her body to somewhere familiar like the canals in Gloucestershire.
The canals visitors centre Saul is in an area where there is lots of nearby farmland. Wick Court for example is on a bend of the River Severn in Gloucestershire. I wonder if he was familiar with this sort of area during his childhood (if he had one). Could he have taken Claudia to dispose of her body somewhere familiar to his surroundings. Does anyone have a timeline of where he previously lived and when.

There are problems with the North Yorks Enquirer link which damage its credibility and any conclusions it suggests. I have made these comments on other threads but they bear repeating in the light of this article;
  • the Angel Meadows case is very unlikely to be Halliwell. Whilst the date of death is 70s into the early 80s the later period is very much the outlier, with the recovered evidence making the 70s much more likely. Given Halliwell was born in 1964 this would make him an unlikely suspect.
  • the article cites Mark Williams-Thomas. MWT's credibility is very dubious based on his record with Surrey Police and his comments on the Ruth Wilson case. In the latter case he has said that he believes her body is on Box Hill, despite 25 years of detailed searches, case reviews and the huge public presence on one of the most popular spots in the south of England (to say nothing of it hosting the hill section of the 2012 Olympic cycle race). As a local I can see his comments as nothing more than a publicity ploy for his media career.
None of this means that a Halliwell link to other murders, including Lawrence, should be discounted; but if authors cannot properly vet cases and sources it must bring their credibility into doubt.

Indeed, and I was bemused to see that they flagged Sian O'Callaghan as "Mistaken for a prostitute". Where did they get that idea? Halliwell knew Sian as she was friends with his daughters. She was just a girl leaving a club and getting a taxi home, the driver of which she would have recognised.

There are problems with the North Yorks Enquirer link which damage its credibility and any conclusions it suggests. I have made these comments on other threads but they bear repeating in the light of this article;
  • the Angel Meadows case is very unlikely to be Halliwell. Whilst the date of death is 70s into the early 80s the later period is very much the outlier, with the recovered evidence making the 70s much more likely. Given Halliwell was born in 1964 this would make him an unlikely suspect.
  • the article cites Mark Williams-Thomas. MWT's credibility is very dubious based on his record with Surrey Police and his comments on the Ruth Wilson case. In the latter case he has said that he believes her body is on Box Hill, despite 25 years of detailed searches, case reviews and the huge public presence on one of the most popular spots in the south of England (to say nothing of it hosting the hill section of the 2012 Olympic cycle race). As a local I can see his comments as nothing more than a publicity ploy for his media career.
None of this means that a Halliwell link to other murders, including Lawrence, should be discounted; but if authors cannot properly vet cases and sources it must bring their credibility into doubt.
I read that Halliwell was keen on Canal boats and canals so what be better place than Glouchestershire to dump some of his poor victims.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karimahlaksita
Back