UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep examining the cctv, kir, and I can definitely see the dark man running as if chasing something...as for manhandling the lighter man, ill need to look at them again and again because I think a bit of clever editing has been. done there.

I can't find the man possibly with a woman you mention. as disappearing...can you give me a clue as to when that happens

Ive been trying to PM you @cortina are you receiving PM's?

I need some brains, here....im trying to work out the publicity angle.

whoever took claudia must have known that it was going to cause great publicity....this would not be great news for a drugs. gang who saw Heworth as their local patch....for a travelling or out of town lot it would not be such. a problem.

of course, I may be wrong about drugs activity going on at the time, but I dont think so and I think that rules out a personal motive for anyone outside a drugs gang...not impossible, but the coincidence is very great and I dont know if you'd. be able to do it with all that stuff going. on. around you.

so id say....the Heworth lot if. they were being rather thick and I think their suppliers would have taken care of at least one of them, or if something. went really badly wrong...eg claudia caught up between 2 gangs or someone really lost their temper...or another gang, which. could have been personal or drugs related or both, or again an accident....it is possible, of course that the Heworth suppliers were behind it....again either. personal or drugs. related, but, again either they were thick or arrogant to do it slap bang in a main area of activity...must be missing something

Im not sure about wether drug gangs view publicity as a bad thing @cortina for these types notoriety and prison time is a right of passage as they aim to gain respect and climb the ranks of the criminal fraternity.

In my opinion she knew and had replationships with these types, what if any involvement she actually had herself in their activities people will have to do their own research and draw their own conclusions, I know where I stand on that.
And one things for sure whatever happened to her these are the kind of people that would know or make it their business to know.

G Tubbs said in the TV Doc by Donal McIntyre The police pretty quickly found out there was more to Claudia, he then closes by saying hes not certain they have discovered all of it yet!

The case is fustrating and fascinating but for me all possiblities are still on the table.

I need some brains, here....im trying to work out the publicity angle.

whoever took claudia must have known that it was going to cause great publicity....this would not be great news for a drugs. gang who saw Heworth as their local patch....for a travelling or out of town lot it would not be such. a problem.

of course, I may be wrong about drugs activity going on at the time, but I dont think so and I think that rules out a personal motive for anyone outside a drugs gang...not impossible, but the coincidence is very great and I dont know if you'd. be able to do it with all that stuff going. on. around you.

so id say....the Heworth lot if. they were being rather thick and I think their suppliers would have taken care of at least one of them, or if something. went really badly wrong...eg claudia caught up between 2 gangs or someone really lost their temper...or another gang, which. could have been personal or drugs related or both, or again an accident....it is possible, of course that the Heworth suppliers were behind it....again either. personal or drugs. related, but, again either they were thick or arrogant to do it slap bang in a main area of activity...must be missing something
Perhaps the difference re "to do it slap bang in a main area of activity" is, that you disappear your victim from the whole scene instead of murder her in her home?

I was thinking of why would a drugs dealer murder someone in one of the main places where he sells his drugs....he knows there will be a lot of publicity and the police will investigate it....maybe it. would be better for him or her to kidnap her when everyone knows she is somewhere else.

but ive been given some very good reasons...thanks. folks

Last edited:
I was thinking of why would a drugs dealer murder someone in one of the main places where he sells his drugs....he knows there will be a lot of publicity and the police will investigate it....maybe it. would be better for him or her to kidnap her when everyone knows she is somewhere else.

but ive been given some very good reasons...thanks. folks

My money would be on because they know they can get away with it..wether its on patch or off

MOO

I thought of that as well...I was thinking with regard to being well in with the police rather than super confident.

but then I thought the kidnap and murder of someone like claudia....an attractive young woman with middle class parents would bring a lot of scrutiny....maybe they didn't realise that.

but then again, they haven't been caught yet, have they...as far as we know

I thought of that as well...I was thinking with regard to being well in with the police rather than super confident.

but then I thought the kidnap and murder of someone like claudia....an attractive young woman with middle class parents would bring a lot of scrutiny....maybe they didn't realise that.

but then again, they haven't been caught yet, have they...as far as we know
Can we say hi and welcome to @TeasElectric and go on tease us please and tell us if you can why you’ve been here since April ?

Hi, I have indeed been catching up on these threads for a long time. I’m very much interested in the case, I was first drawn to it because of the victim blaming that occurred in the press. Anyway I was in York earlier this week and drove by the Nags head to get a feel for the area. It was so sad seeing her house. I do hope that as time passes and loyalties change some new information comes to light.

Hi, I have indeed been catching up on these threads for a long time. I’m very much interested in the case, I was first drawn to it because of the victim blaming that occurred in the press. Anyway I was in York earlier this week and drove by the Nags head to get a feel for the area. It was so sad seeing her house. I do hope that as time passes and loyalties change some new information comes to light.
Yes I think victim blaming was / is disgraceful .
I see you were 18 years old when this happened at first i thought you were at uni at the time ? Don’t know why .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjflow