UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to announce that after being heavily involved in the Claudia investigation for almost a year that this is my last post.

I have become tired of people who post inaccurate and misleading information with one intent-To mislead people.

It is clear that there are dark forces at play in the Claudia Lawrence case.

I have come across many posters profiles in the last year and it is clear that they are either one of the Perps or a friend of the perps in this case.

I cannot waste any more time correcting or making sure that this does not happen.

I wish all of the good people well and the friends that I have made whilst being involved on WS.

I will continue with my blog on medium as no one can disrupt this and I do update it regularly.

Here is the link if you wish to follow me:

https://medium.com/@majorlang/claud...ends_link&sk=6cfc0637787ce468593fbd5732378227
I've liked your post, but I don't like the content. ;)

Sadly I don’t think the forensic investigation undertaken here was done very well at all (from my knowledge acquired during my MSc in forensic investigation). There is indeed a shoe print which looks like a boot but it could very well be a coppers shoe. Or a perp. But they’ll never know in all likelihood. They’re touching the exhibits with ungloved hands. Items were laid out on a loo seat and photographed, a loo seat that any one could have touched allowing for dna transfer potentially . Where was the scene preservation?
LuLuR38 can I ask if you have any knowledge of forensics regarding the extraction of DNA from a Human hair?.. Presumably if Claudia had male lovers male hair could be present in the Bed/bedroom, does the DNA on a hair diminish over a period of time, and how easy is it to match a hair type without DNA being present on it

As I say, I am not saying that arguing couple were not there.
I am saying that it wasn't Claudia but if anyone it was the perps.
Perhaps a man and his girlfriend and perhaps both those very close to Claudia as mentioned by DCI Malyn?
The scenario here is that perhaps Claudia was seeing the man, the woman found out and then after Claudia was dealt with the couple came to blows about it.
I may ask: why do you think, it isn't Claudia? The wrong clothing, wrong hairstyle/hair color (on the models/actors)?
If not Claudia: which woman would get out of the car in the early morning, even on foreign terrain, only because she has a dispute with the driver?
I will take an answer from who ever wants to answer (if not the Major ;)).

LuLuR38 can I ask if you have any knowledge of forensics regarding the extraction of DNA from a Human hair?.. Presumably if Claudia had male lovers male hair could be present in the Bed/bedroom, does the DNA on a hair diminish over a period of time, and how easy is it to match a hair type without DNA being present on it
FWIW..
Forensics breakthrough: DNA extracted from rootless hair - Genome BC
September 25, 2019 rbbm.
''Until now, forensic scientists have only been able to extract DNA from hairs found at crime scenes if they have their root attached. Unfortunately, most hairs do not have the root attached, so using DNA sampling to discover whom it belonged to has been impossible.

Thankfully a researcher from the University of California, Santa Cruz, has had a breakthrough in the way DNA can be extracted from hairs. Using a technique first used to extract DNA from fossilized bones Dr. Ed Green was able to create his own genotype using one of his own rootless hairs. He uploaded this genotype, as well as one created using a saliva sample, to a DNA database, and discovered both genotypes matched him with the same relatives. This proved that his technique could extract an accurate genotype from the rootless hair.

Following this test, Dr. Green used the technique to extract DNA from the hair of four unidentified murder victims from New Hampshire. DNA extracted from hairs allowed for identification of two of the victims, and DNA extracted from liver tissue identified a third. This breakthrough in DNA extraction will be extremely beneficial for solving crimes, both cold cases and current cases, although Dr. Green cautions that the technique is expensive, so it won’t be standard practice for all cases any time soon.''

I just wanted to announce that after being heavily involved in the Claudia investigation for almost a year that this is my last post.

I have become tired of people who post inaccurate and misleading information with one intent-To mislead people.

I have come across many posters profiles in the last year and it is clear that they are either one of the Perps or a friend of the perps in this case.

I cannot waste any more time correcting or making sure that this does not happen.

I wish all of the good people well and the friends that I have made whilst being involved on WS.

I will continue with my blog on medium as no one can disrupt this and I do update it regularly.

https://medium.com/@majorlang/claud...ends_link&sk=6cfc0637787ce468593fbd5732378227
Shame.
For the record: if my info actually ends up finding Claudia , it would be because of MajorLang’s dedication and advice to me .
Thanks@majorlang

FWIW..
Forensics breakthrough: DNA extracted from rootless hair - Genome BC
September 25, 2019 rbbm.
''Until now, forensic scientists have only been able to extract DNA from hairs found at crime scenes if they have their root attached. Unfortunately, most hairs do not have the root attached, so using DNA sampling to discover whom it belonged to has been impossible.

Thankfully a researcher from the University of California, Santa Cruz, has had a breakthrough in the way DNA can be extracted from hairs. Using a technique first used to extract DNA from fossilized bones Dr. Ed Green was able to create his own genotype using one of his own rootless hairs. He uploaded this genotype, as well as one created using a saliva sample, to a DNA database, and discovered both genotypes matched him with the same relatives. This proved that his technique could extract an accurate genotype from the rootless hair.

Following this test, Dr. Green used the technique to extract DNA from the hair of four unidentified murder victims from New Hampshire. DNA extracted from hairs allowed for identification of two of the victims, and DNA extracted from liver tissue identified a third. This breakthrough in DNA extraction will be extremely beneficial for solving crimes, both cold cases and current cases, although Dr. Green cautions that the technique is expensive, so it won’t be standard practice for all cases any time soon.''
So if hair samples were recovered from the Claudia's house or car the technology is now available to identlfy the person they belong to albeit an expensive process. Lets hope forensics managed to harvest human hair from the house.
So if any hair DNA matches the cigarette stub DNA found in CL's car we would at least know the person had visited CL's house?
Can I ask would hair contained in a vacum cleaner be too contaminated to test?

I may ask: why do you think, it isn't Claudia? The wrong clothing, wrong hairstyle/hair color (on the models/actors)?
If not Claudia: which woman would get out of the car in the early morning, even on foreign terrain, only because she has a dispute with the driver?
I will take an answer from who ever wants to answer (if not the Major ;)).
Personally I believe the report of the arguing couple and the woman looked like Claudia and where Claudia would have been on that morning.And since no one has come round saying it was them would be logical to assume it was Claudia and the perpetrator !

Shouldn't allow 1 or 2 people to halt your work, wouldn't be right or just

Been away from this thread for the week but interested who the two men are in the photo with here....just randoms in the NH (if the photo was taken there). Have to be careful linking anyone who might have had a drink/social with her in the weeks before she went missing might be POI but those are new names to me so just interested.

Mind you might not get an answer with MajorLang's "retirement." At least stick around for the March "major new piece of evidence" ;)
Any idea what this “major new piece of evidence “ is going to be or are you taking the wee wee?

Sadly I don’t think the forensic investigation undertaken here was done very well at all (from my knowledge acquired during my MSc in forensic investigation). There is indeed a shoe print which looks like a boot but it could very well be a coppers shoe. Or a perp. But they’ll never know in all likelihood. They’re touching the exhibits with ungloved hands. Items were laid out on a loo seat and photographed, a loo seat that any one could have touched allowing for dna transfer potentially . Where was the scene preservation?
And an alley search SIX years after the event. Howay man.
from memory I believe the hair has to be rooted (ie have the root ball on) in order to extract dna from it but would have to double check that one ...

Any idea what this “major new piece of evidence “ is going to be or are you taking the wee wee?

I was going OTT with major piece of evidence but normally North Yorks announce something new around the Anniversary don't they when the case gets in the press/tv again. Maybe another CCTV angle unless they've used up all the minor ones they want to make public.

Or perhaps the case is so deadlocked now we won't get fed a bone.

I was going OTT with major piece of evidence but normally North Yorks announce something new around the Anniversary don't they when the case gets in the press/tv again. Maybe another CCTV angle unless they've used up all the minor ones they want to make public.

Or perhaps the case is so deadlocked now we won't get fed a bone.
I hope not !
I got a query I asked this before but no one has come up with an answer
Now if police have a name would it be legal for them to get his / her dna / finger prints secretly and lets say these match with what they have already and then can they send his name to say crimestoppers.would that be good enough for an excuse to pick him up ?
I believe they do this In USA

I hope not !
Now if police have a name would it be legal for them to get his / her dna / finger prints secretly and lets say these match with what they have already and then can they send his name to say crimestoppers.would that be good enough for an excuse to pick him up ?
I'd police want to question someone they just do it, can get there dna just by offering them a cup of coffee and getting the dna off the cup

I'd police want to question someone they just do it, can get there dna just by offering them a cup of coffee and getting the dna off the cup
Yes but can they do it BEFORE questioning them and before the suspects know ( ten years have gone bye ) they are on to them ?

I hope not !
I think they have to have to suspect the person has committed an offence. I found this on NET POLICE it very interesting.
Your Rights and Mobile Fingerprinting | Netpol

Personally I believe the report of the arguing couple and the woman looked like Claudia and where Claudia would have been on that morning.And since no one has come round saying it was them would be logical to assume it was Claudia and the perpetrator !
Ive been giving this some thought. It reports that the witness who saw the couple arguing on University road said they thought the male was wearing a Hoodie ..this is the link from the NYP website
The cyclist witness who saw a female and and a left handed male smoker on Melrosegate bridge said the male was wearing a dark hoodie and dark combat trousers.
Could these two males be the same person?

Ive been giving this some thought. It reports that the witness who saw the couple arguing on University road said they thought the male was wearing a Hoodie ..this is the link from the NYP website
The cyclist witness who saw a female and and a left handed male smoker on Melrosegate bridge said the male was wearing a dark hoodie and dark combat trousers.
The police think so

The same actor wearing the same cloths do we have a right to think the police believe it’s the same person

The same actor wearing the same cloths do we have a right to think the police believe it’s the same person
I would think: yes, maybe exact the same person. Idk, how much time there was between the 2 sightings?
Btw: AFAIK, the man in the bus surveillance was also wearing a hoodie ..... Idk, at what time he entered the bus.
The dark combat trousers, which are mentioned: The alley man on surveillance was wearing something like that too, it was assumed.
I can't put the times together in a logically way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two different witnesses giving a possible siting of a male wearing a hoodie tho.. Its worth considering.
Melsrose gate bridge is only a 12 minute walk from the spot on University road where the couple were seen arguing.
Did he live nearby or have a car parked nearby he could have caught up with her on Unversity Road if he had gone back to get his car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rabbitfoot