UK UK - Elizabeth Chau, 19, & Lola Shenkoya, 27, West Ealing, 1999/2000

Hmmmm, Elizabeth Chau was last seen on CCTV outside a police station.

Was she was walking past the police station when the camera there picked her up?

Or was she actually heading into/out of, (or waiting outside the police station intending to go in) as she was being followed or felt unsafe?

Was she was walking past the police station when the camera there picked her up?

Or was she actually heading into/out of, (or waiting outside the police station intending to go in) as she was being followed or felt unsafe?
Good point, she could have felt unsafe from the perpetrator which I still believe is the beast that died in prison in 2009 responsible for her dissapearence.

Did you know the details regarding Andrej kunowski ( aka the beast ) and the Korean student which lead to his arrest and finally being caught for his murders due to the dna match?

he was was hanging around Ealing tube station I believe and was stalking / watching a young Korean student who was waiting for her friend and he noticed that she was looking at adverts for rentals. He, approached the Korean student outside the Tube station and offered to find her a bedsit.

Instead he took her to his flat and attacked her and when she tried to resist he started to choke her and then tied her up.

She only escaped by promising to phone Kunowski the next day.

Crucially, a DNA sample taken from Kunowski at the time proved identical to a hair discovered in packaging containing a cardigan belonging to Katerina Koneva.
These crimes were all in daylight! When he pounced on Katerina as she was opening her door to her house (again this was in daylight)
These definitely would fit the manner in which Elizabeth went missing.
From what I have heard the Korean student also shared a lot of characteristics with Elizabeth (slim, petite, very young looking) and she almost certainly would’ve ended up one of the missing and unfound had she not fooled kunowski into making him believe she actually was interested to have a relationship.

kunowski was evil but not the smartest man apparently.

I think there are too many similarities with his style and also where he was living for him to not be responsible for Elizabeth chau. His style was to stalk his victims. Usually starting from a mode of transport ie station, bus, underground. It’s possible that he may have even been on the bus Elizabeth was on (and Lola) and got off as they did and stalked them then either pounced on them when they least expected it or lured them by some other means.

Did you know the details regarding Andrej kunowski ( aka the beast ) and the Korean student which lead to his arrest and finally being caught for his murders due to the dna match?

he was was hanging around Ealing tube station I believe and was stalking / watching a young Korean student who was waiting for her friend and he noticed that she was looking at adverts for rentals. He, approached the Korean student outside the Tube station and offered to find her a bedsit.

Instead he took her to his flat and attacked her and when she tried to resist he started to choke her and then tied her up.

She only escaped by promising to phone Kunowski the next day.

Crucially, a DNA sample taken from Kunowski at the time proved identical to a hair discovered in packaging containing a cardigan belonging to Katerina Koneva.
These crimes were all in daylight! When he pounced on Katerina as she was opening her door to her house (again this was in daylight)
These definitely would fit the manner in which Elizabeth went missing.
From what I have heard the Korean student also shared a lot of characteristics with Elizabeth (slim, petite, very young looking) and she almost certainly would’ve ended up one of the missing and unfound had she not fooled kunowski into making him believe she actually was interested to have a relationship.

kunowski was evil but not the smartest man apparently.

I think there are too many similarities with his style and also where he was living for him to not be responsible for Elizabeth chau. His style was to stalk his victims. Usually starting from a mode of transport ie station, bus, underground. It’s possible that he may have even been on the bus Elizabeth was on (and Lola) and got off as they did and stalked them then either pounced on them when they least expected it or lured them by some other means.
Great points you have made to be honest it doesn't take a rocket to figure out the beast was behind Elizabeth and Lola disappearance, luckily the evil creature has passed away the sad news we don't know what actually happened on that fateful day or where their bodies are. As you said he wasn't smart so I am wondering where he hid their bodies? could he have cremated their bodies hence why it has been extremely difficult to search for them. I wouldn't put it pass him.

Great points you have made to be honest it doesn't take a rocket to figure out the beast was behind Elizabeth and Lola disappearance, luckily the evil creature has passed away the sad news we don't know what actually happened on that fateful day or where their bodies are. As you said he wasn't smart so I am wondering where he hid their bodies? could he have cremated their bodies hence why it has been extremely difficult to search for them. I wouldn't put it pass him.

I doubt very much they were cremated. It is actually very hard to completely burn human remains and he would still have to hide what bones ect were left over. Not to mention the smoke ect drawing attention. Much more likely they were buried somewhere remote or dumped in a body of water that just hasnt been searched.

Then again, they could have been burnt. But like I say, unless he had access to a proper cremation incinerator, there would have been something left over to find..

I doubt very much they were cremated. It is actually very hard to completely burn human remains and he would still have to hide what bones ect were left over. Not to mention the smoke ect drawing attention. Much more likely they were buried somewhere remote or dumped in a body of water that just hasnt been searched.

Then again, they could have been burnt. But like I say, unless he had access to a proper cremation incinerator, there would have been something left over to find..

I think you’re right re somewhere remote. Most of his previous rapes in Poland were on very young girls and involved dragging them in to bushes or fields in remote areas therefore since he was living in a bedsit I doubt it would be feasible for him to have buried them or burnt them at home. Plus burning them somewhere else like you said would’ve drawn attention.

My guess is that with his living situation and his background in driving jobs, he probably knew the area very well and where the remote spots were, the fact that the women were very petite (easy to move) I would imagine if he had access to a vehicle at that time then he would’ve dumped the bodies somewhere remote in the early hours of the morning. Im originally from the Ealing area and one place that springs to mind is horsenden hill. As most of us know from crime shows etc it would be extremely difficult to find a body in such a remote location and especially now after so much time has passed. Any area that had been dug would obviously no longer look disturbed anymore etc

I doubt it because you have to walk past the police station on Uxbridge road in order to get from Ealing Broadway to west Ealing (where she lives). I’ve done this walk many times as a teen (I’m from the Ealing area originally )

I doubt it because you have to walk past the police station on Uxbridge road in order to get from Ealing Broadway to west Ealing (where she lives). I’ve done this walk many times as a teen (I’m from the Ealing area originally )

Ahh, good, thanks. Always nice to have a local's knowledge and input.

Rereading some old news articles I just noticed a bit of extra information which were not posted here yet. I am highlighted those in bold.
===

Elizabeth Chau (22.11.79) is Vietnamese, 5ft 2ins tall, slim, with brown shoulder length layered hair and brown eyes. She has a mole on her left temple. She was wearing a dark purple V-neck jumper, a sleeveless black body warmer, jeans and brown ankle length boots. She was also wearing a silver 'Next' analogue watch and a gold necklace with a jade 'Buddha' and was carrying a small black shoulder bag and blue lever arch folder.

Lola Shenkoya (7.10.72) is black, 5ft 5ins, slim with brown shoulder length hair. On the day she went missing, Lola was wearing a long black coat, grey scarf, a velvet blue hat, blue jeans and black patent leather shoes.

I have also just seen old Crimewatch episode from Dec 2000 on youtube. There was interview with Elizabeth's sister and mum and also Lola's uncle. Police have also shown identical necklace with jade Buddha Elizabeth was wearing and also unique blue hat of Lola. Also shown was last CCTV of Elizabeth walking on Ealing/Uxbridge road. It was interesting to see the area how it was in 2000. I don't have a link but you can search on youtube for Crimewatch December 2000.

I am posting here for reference link to Iwona Kaminska case who disappeared around the same time also in West London. Lola and Elizabeth cases are often mentioned there, including some details of killer Andrzej Kunowski.

1675973950602.jpeg
Nineteen year old Elizabeth was last seen handing in a university assignment in April 1999.

The 'considerate' and 'responsible' Vietnamese student was recorded on CCTV walking past west London's Ealing police station on her way back from Thames Valley University at 6pm.

She was just a mile away from her home.

When she didn't arrive back, her family instantly knew something was wrong.

In an interview in 2012, her brother Minh Chau said: "She was a very responsible girl and would always contact us if she was going to be late."

1675974108407.jpeg
A lack of witnesses stymied the investigation into Elizabeth's disappearance, then just nine months later computer graduate Lola Shenkoya, then 27, went missing from the same road after returning home from work.

Locked out of the house because her sister had the key, Lola is said to have caught the E2 bus to Haven Green and got out by Burger King by Ealing Broadway Tube station.

She was never seen again, and her bank accounts have never been touched.

Serial rapist Andrezej Kunowski, who was dubbed 'The Beast', was grilled by police due to his history of operating in the area.

The now deceased monster was jailed for raping a student, and is believed to have committed at least 17 rapes in Poland. He murdered 12-year-old Katerina Koneva in her west London home when she returned home from school.

A lack of evidence meant he was never charged over Elizabeth and Lola's disappearances. They remain missing to this day.

I was watching some old Crimewatch episodes and Katerina Koneva’s case came up. The chief investigating officer was Hamish Campbell, also in charge of the Jill Dando murder some years later.

Kunowski was a monster. The details of Katerina’s death are awful. He is a very strong candidate for these two unsolved crimes given his offending profile and the location. Whilst he is long dead, I very much hope these cases can be officially solved somehow.

If Bellfield can point to the locations of the bodies then fine, and I’m sure he has more victims than he’s been convicted of, but I believe he now is in a pattern of sporadically confessing to murders he did not commit. Not every random murder of women and young girls in the SE in a certain era was Bellfield (although no doubt there are several more he has done — but I think he won’t mention the names of those he really murdered).

If Bellfield’s “confession” actually progresses these investigations then that would be something after all this time, but it’s been a while since he had any attention (for confessing to killing Lin & Megan Russell, which investigators think he probably didn’t do) so he needed to come up with something else.

I noticed this press coverage with Elizabeth’s family: Family of woman Levi Bellfield claims to have murdered say Met failed them

I do feel that some of these older murder cases need to be properly reinvestigated. It’s not right that Elizabeth and Lola’s families don’t have answers and race might have been a factor (although there are various unsolved murders of white women from a similar era before widespread CCTV and computerised databases etc — as an aside, I notice it’s quite rare to hear of an entirely unsolved random murder now).

It is my personal opinion that Andrzej Kunowski killed Elizabeth and Lola, and I believe Bellfield to be playing a sick game, but if Bellfield does actually have information that he can share and there’s some chance of these two poor young women being found, then that would be incredible after all this time. I doubt, but hope, Bellfield is telling the truth.

• 23 Apr 2023
  • Levi Bellfield allegedly confesses to murdering student, 19, who vanished

• ''Bellfield, now 54, reportedly confessed to bundling her into a van and gave the location of where she was buried, as well as "admitting five other attempted murders".

''He is also alleged to have admitted to "blitz attacks" on 17-year-old Jessie Wilson in South West London, 23-year-old Sarah Spurrell in Hastings and 26-year-old Sonia Salvatierra in Twickenham.''
    Nine months after she vanished, computer graduate Lola Shenkoya, 27 disappeared from the Ealing Broadway area in January 2000. She is still missing.

Serial rapist Andrzej Kunowski, who died in 2009, was quizzed over both cases as he was local to that area but no concrete evidence was found to link him to the disappearances.''

My thread was a flop so I decided to add her case here again because I am surprised how there's nothing on her case even though is similar to the disappearance of both Lola and Elizabeth.

Christine Aguda
Aka: 'Ndikumana'
Age at disappearance: 26

Christine has been missing from the Islington area of London since the 20th February 2001. At the time of her disappearance she was not thought to have any personal belongings with her. Kenyan born Christine had been living in the UK since 1996.

She is 5'6" tall, of slim build, has dark eyes and wears her hair in a brushed back shoulder length style. Just prior to her disappearance, Christine was working as a waitress; she has worked in several West End hotels.

My thread was a flop so I decided to add her case here again because I am surprised how there's nothing on her case even though is similar to the disappearance of both Lola and Elizabeth.

Christine Aguda
Aka: 'Ndikumana'
Age at disappearance: 26

Christine has been missing from the Islington area of London since the 20th February 2001. At the time of her disappearance she was not thought to have any personal belongings with her. Kenyan born Christine had been living in the UK since 1996.

She is 5'6" tall, of slim build, has dark eyes and wears her hair in a brushed back shoulder length style. Just prior to her disappearance, Christine was working as a waitress; she has worked in several West End hotels.
Off to ''bump'' your thread!

Also posted link to the thread on this one, which helps advertise international cases..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back