UK UK - FRED and ROSEMARY WEST

I went to uni in Birmingham and I remember this girl and a blonde haired one from Birmingham being mentioned 15-20 years back. The family of the one in Birmingham were trying to get this cafe checked due to work done by west. The girl had got a job in Gloucester and decided to hitchhike down there, only to never be seen or heard again.

This was before everything was on the internet and easy to find, so I’m trying to remember the details, but I remember there was an allotment they built a motorway over in Scotland that west let go overgrown apart from the interior that he dug extensively, two cafes in Gloucester that he had done extensive work and a shower block at a nearby campsite.

I don’t know the police decision not to really scrutinise and look for the evidence, but I would like to think all victims can have peace and their families closure

A SECOND café could have been used by serial killer Fred West to murder and dispose of victims.

He jointly owned The Green Lantern café in Gloucester with his father-in-law, further down the street along with garages...

I’m starting to see why the police may have been dragging their heels about digging up places. :( There would be no end to it.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/6984660/fred-west-second-cafe-murder-victims/

Yet the families need answers no matter how huge the tasks.

There are some sick people out there, and we all know the likes of west, Tobin, Wright, bellfield etc clearly did worse. The reason they get caught is because they are creatures of habit.

this idea that west got a bit kill happy in the early 70s, then a flurry in the late 70s and nothing after mid 80s is just laughable.

I would like to think we had the resources to track back and go through their histories.

For reference, Fred was in the Gloucestershire area all his life (1941-1995) aside from approx 3 years spent in Scotland in Coatbridge then Glasgow, from early 1963 to late 1965. I think.

I read a book last year called The Missing, it's about the author's life growing up in Central Scotland and then about various British missing persons and crime cases.

There is a pretty in depth look at Fred West's time in Glasgow from people who knew Fred and his first wife, information I had never read before and then goes on to when he moved to Gloucester.

I really highly recommend it for anyone wanting to know more about his time in Glasgow. You can read it free on Internet Archive here and the section on Fred West starts on page 191 - The missing : O'Hagan, Andrew, 1968- : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Latest from Clean Plate as major police operation continues

This was today's latest from our local newspaper Gloucestershire Live.

My thoughts and thoughts of many people locally are that the West's are responsible for many many more murders than they have been charged for / found guilty of. I hope we get some answers for the families of the missing persons that were previously known to the West's. Its very strange the story's you hear of girls known to the West's that just seemed to disappear!

For reference, Fred was in the Gloucestershire area all his life (1941-1995) aside from approx 3 years spent in Scotland in Coatbridge then Glasgow, from early 1963 to late 1965. I think.

I have discovered something whilst trying to find the name of my missing Birmingham hitchhiker...in 1976 he lived in Cumbria whilst working for British Gas. He was pestering women and then one day disappeared leaving his case and uncashed wages never to be seen again.

as 1976 is a missing year on his list, I do wonder if it’s worth double checking this area too...

There are some sick people out there, and we all know the likes of west, Tobin, Wright, bellfield etc clearly did worse. The reason they get caught is because they are creatures of habit.

this idea that west got a bit kill happy in the early 70s, then a flurry in the late 70s and nothing after mid 80s is just laughable.

I would like to think we had the resources to track back and go through their histories.
Steve Wright has links to Middlesbrough and Milford Haven via his wives, there may be unsolved murders over there

I have discovered something whilst trying to find the name of my missing Birmingham hitchhiker...in 1976 he lived in Cumbria whilst working for British Gas. He was pestering women and then one day disappeared leaving his case and uncashed wages never to be seen again.

as 1976 is a missing year on his list, I do wonder if it’s worth double checking this area too...
I think that you are looking for Elizabeth Swann. I do think that she is likely to be a victim of the Wests.

The Doe Network: Case File 1667DFUK

How on earth do you bury someone 'under a well' as that is what it says further down the article. Surely that would be 'in a well'?
There are around 5 nuclear power stations in the country - should make the discovery of a well a bit easier

I think that you are looking for Elizabeth Swann. I do think that she is likely to be a victim of the Wests.

The Doe Network: Case File 1667DFUK

that’s the one! Thank you. She amazingly got a job in Gloucester and decided, as she was skint, to hitchhike down, to never be seen again. It’s how the west’s picked up other victims

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anon_
Back