UK UK - Genette Tate, 13, Devon England, Aug 1978

Would certainly explain why the police are so fixated on Robert Black.

In my opinion, if he took Genette, she may be near where Caroline, Sarah and Susan were found; the Midlands Triangle.
I think Black took several girls across Europe, as is suggested, but there are some I DON'T think he took.

April Fabb, 13, Norfolk, 1969. I DON'T think he took April. While it is said he visited Norfolk, Peter Tobin is far more likely to have been there ON THE DAY. April looks her age, unlike Genette. I don't think Black would have tried to abduct Theresa Thornhill, as I said above, if he knew she was fifteen.
Suzanne Lawrence, 14, Essex, 1979. Again, someone who looked her age. I heard it mentioned somewhere that Black knew about the crime, despite the fact it was not publicized much, but as a truck driver, it's extremely likely that he may have brought a local paper frequently. Especially if that route going back was a favorite for him.

However, there are a few besides Genette that I think he took.

Bernadette Connolly, 10, County Sligo, 1970. http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...opening-of-connolly-murder-case-26588858.html
Bernadette, like Genette, was riding a bicycle when she was abducted. Four months after her abduction, she was found dead. Her case bears similarities to Genette's abduction and Jennifer Cardy's abduction.

Ramona Herling, 11, Germany, 1989. http://www.doenetwork.org/cases-int/416dfdeu.html
Last seen going to a swimming pool. Black had been a lifeguard and had a thing about swimming pools. Missing.

Cheryl Morrien, 7, Netherlands, 1986 http://www.doenetwork.org/cases-int/422dfnet.html
I'd seen this mentioned a few times before; apparently the filthy man went to the Netherlands for photos. People like Black make me sick! Cheryl lived near the Amsterdam dock area.

I think Robert Black is probably guilty of many more child abductions then we will probably ever know about. But i do believe Ian Bealey is the best suspect in this case unless the police have something on Black i cant see how hes the prime suspect.

New lead in mystery of missing Devon schoolgirl Genette Tate

A body which washed up on a Devon beach could have been schoolgirl Genette Tate who went missing 37 years ago, according to a retired policeman.

Genette was 13 years old when she disappeared in 1978, and generations of detectives have unsuccessfully tried to solve the mystery of what happened to her. It is believed she was murdered but her body was never found, despite extensive searches.

Retired CID officer Chris Clark says an unidentified body that was found washed up on a remote Devon beach in 1979 may be Genette, and police are trying to establish whether this is the case.

^^^^ well why the flippin heck has that not been investigated sooner??!

I mean, I know DNA testing didn't exist back then, but surely this could have been picked up a decade ago. If this turns out to be her I'll be cross - her family could have had answers all along.

According to reports following his death, Black was within weeks of being charged with Genette Tate's kidnap and murder. A witness claimed to have seen Black near Exeter Airport at the time, and credit card payments for petrol also linked him to the Exeter area at the time of Tate's disappearance. If this is what the police had on him, it is very interesting but not a knockout punch.

According to reports following his death, Black was within weeks of being charged with Genette Tate's kidnap and murder. A witness claimed to have seen Black near Exeter Airport at the time, and credit card payments for petrol also linked him to the Exeter area at the time of Tate's disappearance. If this is what the police had on him, it is very interesting but not a knockout punch.

Yes, they can blame it on him now and claim they've solved the case even if the real killer gets away with it.

Yes, they can blame it on him now and claim they've solved the case even if the real killer gets away with it.

Unless the police have something really concrete on him then i have my doubts. To me there are better suspects in this case then black.

Police on verge of solving case of missing 13-year-old Genette Tate 38 years on as they find new witnesses and send file to prosecutors accusing dead child killer Robert Black of her murder

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3524749/Police-verge-solving-case-missing-13-year-old-Genette-Tate-38-years-new-witnesses-send-file-prosecutors-accusing-dead-child-killer-Robert-Black-murder.html

It does seem a little convenient that these witnesses turned up a few months after Black's death. Unfortunately Genette's family still don't have her body to bury.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3865634/Serial-child-killer-Robert-Black-responsible-murder-paper-girl-Genette-Tate-police-confirm-family.html

Serial child killer Robert Black WAS responsible for the murder of paper girl Genette Tate, police confirm to her family

Serial child killer Robert Black was responsible for the murder of newspaper girl Genette Tate, police have confirmed to her family.

Officers who investigated the disappearance of the 13-year-old paper girl were weeks from charging the child killer before he died in prison.

The youngster's father, John Tate, 74, has now said he is certain that Black - who died aged 68 earlier this year - killed his daughter.

He revealed he has been informed by police that they presented a file to the Crown Prosecution Service in April but it could not be pursued because Black died. And it emerged that Black told police he had visited the small village in Devon where Genette went missing 38 years ago.

'Let us finally be together': Father of missing Genette Tate, 13, last seen 40 years ago makes death bed plea to find her body as he battles prostate cancer

The father of Britain's longest missing person investigation has made a desperate plea from his deathbed to find his daughter.

The body of Genette Tate, 13, has not been found since she vanished while delivering evening newspapers in Aylesbeare, near Exeter in 1978.

The 76-year-old has has diabetes, McArdle's disease, prostate cancer and has recently suffered from a stroke.

Father of missing Genette Tate, 13, last seen 40 years ago makes plea as he battles prostate cancer | Daily Mail Online

It's a very similar case to April Fabb's disappearance almost a decade earlier. On one hand it does look to have been Robert Black's doing, on the other he was a handy bogeyman to hang unsolved murders and disappearances on. Genette was very young looking & Blacks victims were also. Ian Bealey should be investigated also, alarm bells should have been ringing long ago

i dont think it can be robert black if it was they would of proved it by now i mean convicting somone the jurys knows is a child killer of killing a child does not really need the same weight of evedence as convicting sombody else imean they wouldent need much so i am thinking there cant really be anyevdence that its him or maybe theres even evedence that it isnt.

anybody think it signifcant that this was her first day as a papergirl.

Robert Black was days away from being charged with Genettes murder when he died. John Tate had a few skeletons in his cupboard. Ian Bealey had a missing couple of hours on the day of her disappearance.

i wonder weather robert black really was days away rom being charged police had sent aa ile to the cps but that does not mean the cps would of acepted it.

This is a very cold case and although of course I do not know I feel the answer in this case may lie with the very evil delivery driver Robert Black. Here is a recent article about unsolved murders in Devon and Cornwall and this very nasty case gets a mention:

In 2016 one of Britain’s longest running crime mysteries reached a conclusion – even though it remains unsolved.

For almost 40 years the family of Genette Tate prayed that their daughter’s killer would face justice.

Unsolved murders and the victims who've never had justice

Robert Black (serial killer) - Wikipedia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500