GUILTY UK - Hereford, LIVING WhtMale, ~75, US/Canadian accent, Nov'15 - Roger Curry

Oh my god, I'm disgusted!!

So, per DM link, evidently Roger and his wife were both elderly andpoorly and one night their house burned down. Neighbours didn't see them for months until one day they realised they were locked in the back garden of the burnt down house, with their son Kevin bringing them food. Kevin then decided dad would be better off dumped in a care home in England.

WTF?! I hope this Kevin gets the book thrown at him. I am furious!!!

Tell you what, fair play to Debbie Cocker, there's no way I'd have recognised his year book photo

Oh my god, I'm disgusted!!

So, per DM link, evidently Roger and his wife were both elderly andpoorly and one night their house burned down. Neighbours didn't see them for months until one day they realised they were locked in the back garden of the burnt down house, with their son Kevin bringing them food. Kevin then decided dad would be better off dumped in a care home in England.

WTF?! I hope this Kevin gets the book thrown at him. I am furious!!!

And the mother, what about her? The article states the mother, father and son came to the UK together. He must have taken her back the US, I hope she's being looked after.
It also states Roger was returned to the US 8 months later. So around July/August time. I don't suppose we'd have heard if it weren't for the Panorama programme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just goes to show you can choose your friends but can't choose your family. What an out and out rat.

Just goes to show you can choose your friends but can't choose your family. What an out and out rat.

I know!!! Can Kevin Curry be charged with anything for this? I know it might be strange to feel sickened by this story, given everything we read on here, but this has actually shocked me!

I know!!! Can Kevin Curry be charged with anything for this? I know it might be strange to feel sickened by this story, given everything we read on here, but this has actually shocked me!

The reporter in the Panorama report apparently confronts Kevin Curry. That'll be interesting.

Posting both photos to practice identifying facial traits that may remain over many years.
[url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4170010/Wife-son-dumped-American-dementia-sufferer-UK.html

attachment.php

[/URL]
Roger Curry, pictured, 76
attachment.php

Mr Curry, pictured aged 18

Attachments

• 3CA203B500000578-4170010-image-m-13_1485731104515.jpg
    3CA203B500000578-4170010-image-m-13_1485731104515.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 113
  • 320E61EC00000578-4170010-image-m-10_1485731078935.jpg
    320E61EC00000578-4170010-image-m-10_1485731078935.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 109
Just watched the Panorama program and feel really sad. I hope the daughter will step up to help.

Watched it too cags, I didn't realise that he had been sent back!! What a squirmy the son is...

I watched it this morning on catch-up. In a sense the story isn't over since Roger's future still seems to be up in the air as his care seems to be subject to legal proceedings in LA. Maybe we won't learn how it eventually concludes, but I truly hope that Roger's care is taken out of the hands of his wife and son.

It does sound as though the care home he's been put in in LA is significantly below the standard of the one in Credenhill. I wonder what the comparative costs of the two is.

Am I the only one who wondered if the fire that destroyed Roger's home was accidental or not? It crossed my mind that if the property was insured, a fire that killed both his parents might have been financially beneficial to Kevin. I know at one point it was said that no-one was at home that night but at another point I think it was mentioned that Roger and his wife were "there". It was mentioned that Kevin has a criminal record - I wonder what for.

For those outside the UK, the Panorama documentary is available here though you need to register to watch it.

http://tvguide.fullseriesworld.com/series/80748/2017/4

The angle at which Roger's holding his head in the modern photo does make it difficult to see the resemblance, but when they showed in the Panorama documentary the old photo superimposed onto a different photo of Roger as he is now taken from straight on it's much more apparent.

Kevin Curry sounds like a disgusting individual.

Roger Curry, 76, claimed that Kevin Curry, 36, placed his hands around his throat during a row at his home in Whittier, California in 2000.

On another occasion his son threatened to 'mess him up' and said 'I could kill you', according to court documents seen by DailyMail.com.

The 36-year-old former supermarket worker, who has served time in prison for assault with a deadly weapon, domestic assault, fraud and other crimes, is also said to have damaged his father's truck during the row, the papers reveal.

Police had to be called three times to deal with the disturbance.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...fering-father-Roger-Curry-threatened-him.html

Another report in the Mail. Simon Hayes, the British man who says he reluctantly aided the abandonment of Mr Curry, tells his side of the story.

A former 'Royal Marine Commando' at the centre of a trans-Atlantic riddle over the dumping of an elderly US dementia sufferer in the UK has admitted lying to police.

Simon Hayes told police he found Roger Curry, 76, wandering the streets of Hereford in November 2015 - but later confessed to driving him there from Gatwick airport on his son Kevin's request.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4175548/How-dementia-sufferer-REALLY-ended-Hereford.html

[FONT=&amp]Simon Hayes, 52, of Taunton, Somerset, appeared before magistrates on Wednesday in Hereford, charged with intending to pervert the course of justice and three fraud offences.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Hayes gave his nationality as British. The case was transferred to Worcester crown court, where he will next appear on 23 May. Hayes was granted unconditional bail. No pleas were taken.

[/FONT]
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ars-in-court-over-american-man-found-hereford

A conman who claimed to be in an elite special forces unit has been jailed for his part in a plot to dump an American pensioner with dementia in rural England so he would be cared for by the NHS.

Simon Hayes left Roger Curry, 78, with medical staff in Hereford, claiming he had found him face down in a country lane.

[...]

Curry smiled and cried as he was abandoned. He had an American accent but could not explain to nurses or, later, care home staff, who he was or how he had come to be in the UK.

Hayes, 53, described in court as a “pathological liar”, told “a pack of lies” about Curry. His actions and false witness statements led detectives on a “wild goose chase” as they tried to work out where Curry had come from and how he had got to the UK, Worcester crown court was told.

[...]

Davis said Curry’s son is under investigation in the US for elder abuse, fraud and kidnapping.

Briton jailed over plot to abandon American with dementia in UK

A British man who helped his American friend 'granny dump' his dementia-suffering father in the UK so he could get free healthcare has been jailed.

Simon Hayes helped his best friend Kevin Curry bring his elderly father Roger Curry to the UK in 2015 to avoid paying costly medical bills in the US.

After Kevin and his mother Mary flew 78-year-old Mr Curry to Britain, Hayes took him to Hereford, a city in the west of England, and pretended to have found the pensioner lying face down in a country road.

British man jailed for helping US friend dementia-suffering father in UK | Daily Mail Online

Not sure if Kevin got sentenced for it back in the US?

We have a real crummy care system in the USA. We paid $1100 per month for my grand's care facility and it is a disgusting dump even though they meet all requirements. My grandfather would roll over in his grave if he knew this was all his little pension left her with. But she's almost blind and deaf and we have no idea what else to do. We work and barely get by, we couldnt stretch her/our money to pay a true caregiver daily plus meds etc. Its so terribly sad, I'd totally try to sneak her into a top notch facility if i thought i could; she deserves so much more. Our old people get dumped on and its sickening. I can't cope with, it if I'm honest, I'm not equipped. Idk what the son did but what were his options? I'm curious to know

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JDBirch
Back