GUILTY UK - India Chipchase, 20, Northampton, 30 January 2016

just heard in the news that india's father is a well known doctor in brisbane
i am wondering how this girl got into his house, was she assaulted/mugged and asked the POI for help?

Lupus est *advertiser censored* homini, non *advertiser censored*, quom qualis sit non novit

She entered on her own or her friends left her ???

Urghhh...just urghhhh

Why is he appearing in court by video link and not in person?

There were two men on the pavement outside the bar and they got talking to her.

“One was in his 30s, the other in his 50s. The older man is sometimes seen walking up and down Bridge Street at night. She then went off up Bridge Street.”

Cops were told the former public schoolgirl was chatting to two men and is believed to have headed up the road with at least one of them.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...s-barred-from-club-then-led-to-her-death.html

This is just too awful. I wonder where she thought she was going or if she recognised him as it states he's sometimes seen walking up and down bridge street. Absolute evil.
Poor, poor India.

What makes you think she entered on her own?
Was a question .. If she was alone .. She should have received assistance from a doorman ( drunk, vulnerable ) if she was with friends why leave her alone

This case is getting more and more odd. As someone that regularly has evenings out I would never walk with two strangers which makes me wonder if she knew one of them? Perhaps a friend of her parents. Wonder if they questioned the other man?

Sorry pressed post quick reply to soon. If India was so drunk she couldn't get into a club it's also highly likely she didn't have a clue where she was going and an older person with a trusting face may have been the best option to help. How disgusting that these people pray on young women like this. Why on earth was he hanging around a nightclub at that time?! Perhaps this was all planned?

Was a question .. If she was alone .. She should have received assistance from a doorman ( drunk, vulnerable ) if she was with friends why leave her alone

Apparently she became separated from them.

The 20-year-old, who worked as a part-time barmaid, had been drinking with friends on Friday night before they became separated on Bridge Street in Northampton.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-nightclub-drunk-led-death.html#ixzz3z6uLtb2J
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I feel sorry for the bouncers, as I imagine they were just doing their job and following the rules set down for them, as they understood them. Had they let her into the club drunk, and something had happened inside to cause her harm, then they'd have been blamed for not turning her away.

No matter how much you insist you’re not wasted, a landlord is not permitted to serve a drunken customer or permit you on the premises. The 2003 Licensing Act gives any licensee the power to refuse you service, kick you out and even bar you. No arguments. The Act also outlaws anyone under 18 working behind a bar, as well as the sale of drink ‘outside permitted hours’ i.e. during a lock-in.
Taken from http://www.thesite.org/drink-and-drugs/drinking-alcohol/drinking-and-the-law-2-9120.html

It seems the bouncers were following the law to the letter. Perhaps it needs looking at, to add some form of care (ie to call a cab for someone apparently vulnerable through alcohol). However, whether you could easily get a very drunk person to comply is another matter, and if they have no means to pay a cab, I imagine it could get very nasty. I guess at the end of the day, its down to personal responsibility - which is fallible :(

Its the same tragic story time and time again - young people not sticking together on a night out, and not making sure everyone gets homes safely. Not blaming them, just sad that the message still doesn't get through. The only person to blame is the person who killed her.

IMO it's a difficult one for the bouncers. She didn't have to be falling over drunk already to be refused entry. Perhaps they took the view that she was reasonably drunk now and in 1 or 2 more drinks time she would be in quite a state and did not think she should be in the club for if/when that happened. Also, if she was on her own they might assume there were no friends around to help her home if she did drink more once in the club.

It's a shame they didn't call for a cab for her or see if her friends could be located to come out to her, but that's hindsight talking. Many people are refused entry to clubs on a nightly basis and make it home safely, in India's case she was just very unfortunate that a predator was waiting nearby.

This case is getting more and more odd. As someone that regularly has evenings out I would never walk with two strangers which makes me wonder if she knew one of them? Perhaps a friend of her parents. Wonder if they questioned the other man?

I also wondered about that. Must be some clear evidence that he was not involved for the police to have only arrested and charged ET.

Plus it is almost one mile from Bridge St to Stanley Rd which has to be a 15 - 20 minute walk ? a longish time to be in the company of strangers, walking in the wrong direction from home ( although I appreciate India may not have realised she was going the wrong way ).

I was also wondering if she knew one of the men or at least recognised him. Perhaps the other man came forward immediately and said she had gone off with the perp? Then again, maybe she just had her guard down and trusted them/him. :( I would expect them to be appealing for him to come forward if he had not already been questioned and excluded, but I haven't seen that anywhere, only mentions of her being seen with 2 men on CCTV.

Apparently she became separated from them.

I feel sorry for the bouncers, as I imagine they were just doing their job and following the rules set down for them, as they understood them. Had they let her into the club drunk, and something had happened inside to cause her harm, then they'd have been blamed for not turning her away.

Taken from http://www.thesite.org/drink-and-drugs/drinking-alcohol/drinking-and-the-law-2-9120.html

It seems the bouncers were following the law to the letter. Perhaps it needs looking at, to add some form of care (ie to call a cab for someone apparently vulnerable through alcohol). However, whether you could easily get a very drunk person to comply is another matter, and if they have no means to pay a cab, I imagine it could get very nasty. I guess at the end of the day, its down to personal responsibility - which is fallible :(

Its the same tragic story time and time again - young people not sticking together on a night out, and not making sure everyone gets homes safely. Not blaming them, just sad that the message still doesn't get through. The only person to blame is the person who killed her.
Great idea but in theory a nightmare, bouncers would spend half their night shepherding people into taxis, sometimes drunken people don't take kindly to being put into taxis and then think of the stories if they put people into taxis and something happened to them, they were sick in taxi etc. It opens a whole can of worms

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I was going to suggest f she was a barmaid maybe she knew him as a customer from where she worked but the pub is miles away from the house she was found in.

Just to add some personal knowledge of Bridge St - on a Friday night at 1am it would have been very busy, lots of drunk people around, quite rowdy and it's very common for people to just chat to each other and make new friends literally on the street in between walking to bars/clubs. The men could have seen her getting rejected from the club and gone over to talk to her in a way that came across as friendly camaraderie or 'us against them' - you know, screw that club for not letting you in, let's go somewhere better and grab a drink! Sadly I can easily imagine how that would be tempting to someone young and drunk and not ready to end their night. It's so sad and it makes me so sick. People should be allowed to be young and make mistakes, young women shouldn't be blamed and picked apart for their deaths (not on here! Just in society in general). I dunno, it's just a really terrible thing. The bouncers did the right thing but they will probably have this weighing on them for a long, long time. She should have been allowed to go home and sleep it off and wake up and feel embarrassed and hungover and have that be it. Agh I'm not making any sense but I guess this is just hitting so close to home for me because it IS close to home.

Also as a side note, my younger brother has told me that he knew her from going out and went to quite a few house parties with her...he said she was really down to earth and normal and just a sweet girl. Very sad.

Plus it is almost one mile from Bridge St to Stanley Rd which has to be a 15 - 20 minute walk ? a longish time to be in the company of strangers, walking in the wrong direction from home ( although I appreciate India may not have realised she was going the wrong way ).

I guess the perp probably suggested to go to another bar/pub. Does not look like she intended to go home so she followed along.

Crown Court today

Northampton Courts ‏@cNorthampton 2m2 minutes ago

#ICD Edward William Tenniswood, Northampton Room: 3 at 11:56

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member