UK UK - Iwona Kaminska, 20, London, 13 July 2000, four days after arriving from Poland.

West London disappearances

22 May 1997 - Katerina Koneva, 12 (Macedonian) - stalked on the way home from school and then murdered in Hammersmith (3 women in Hammersmith come forward to police to complain about being stalked by A.Kunowski prior to Katerina's murder)

16th April 1999 - Elizabeth Chau, 19 ( English of Vietnamese descent), last seen in West Ealing 5 min away from home
3rd January 2000 - Lola Shenkoya, 27 (Born in USA, Nigerian), last seen Ealing Broadway station, getting off the bus

13th July 2000 - Iwona Kaminska, 20 - Hammersmith

Below mentioned cases do not seem to be connected to above missing

18th October 2000 - Sinead Healy, 26 - Hammersmith - body located 5 month later, ex bf convicted

6th December 2000 - Zoe Parker, 24 - prostitute, last seen in Hounslow, West London. Body located on Dec 17th in River Thames at Battersea next to Church Road (close to Wandsworth), body was cut in half at the waist

13 December 2000 - Paula Fields, 31- prostitute, from Highbury Grove - body, cut into several pieces, was discovered in a number of holdalls at Regents Canal at Camden, located February 2001

September 2001 - John Doe named Adam - torso of a boy, aged five or six discovered near Tower Bridge in east London. From minerals in his bones it was established that he was from west Africa

Thank you Al Ka for the information you provided! I would also like to add that Iwona's family members describe her as being close to her family, friendly and very trusting. I suppose it is possible she trusted the wrong person, perhaps one she already knew.

Could the man accused of some of the crimes listed in Al Ka's post be responsible for Iwona's disappearance?
Where might he have put her body as it seems he had health issues and left the girls where he found them.
If the abduction of Iwona was pre-planned, maybe she has been sold into a sex trafficking ring?
speculation, imo.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2004/mar/31/ukcrime
A man described by police as one of Britain's most dangerous sex offenders was told he would spend the rest of his life in jail today after being convicted of the murder of a 12-year-old girl. Andrezej Kunowski, an illegal immigrant, attacked almost 30 children and young women in Britain and Poland.
Following girls home from school was a modus operandi consistent with many of his other attacks in a 30-year career as a sex attacker in Poland.

That's what I think that happened to her. Just a hunch.
Good hunch, imo.
http://gvnet.com/humantrafficking/Poland.htm
[FONT=&quot]Poland is a source country for men and women trafficked to Italy, Austria, Germany, Belgium, France, Spain, Sweden, the Netherlands, and Israel for purposes of forced labor and sexual exploitation.[/FONT]
I met Victoria while researching my novel, Bessarabian Nights, which follows two friends as they attempt to save a third from the trafficking gangs still common in Eastern Europe.

Shockingly, many of the women I spoke to had been sold into prostitution by people they knew and told me that many of recruiters were women.

These unrelated? cases caught my eye, fwiw.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/cri...-polish-tourist-irena-wawszczak-a3386796.html
Agnieszka Marciniaki had just given birth to a baby girl at the hospital.

This CCTV footage shows the moment the Polish woman, then 32, was last seen leaving the hospital at around 11.30am on Saturday, January 30 2010.

She told doctors she would return to the hospital once she had gathered some possessions.

But she has not been seen since.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/cri...-polish-tourist-irena-wawszczak-a3386796.html
[h=1]Barnet: Body found in woods in search for missing Polish tourist Irena Wawszczak[/h] [h=2]Mrs Wawszczak ended up in Mill Hill after a coach taking her back to Poland left without her
[/h]

Could the man accused of some of the crimes listed in Al Ka's post be responsible for Iwona's disappearance?
Where might he have put her body as it seems he had health issues and left the girls where he found them.
If the abduction of Iwona was pre-planned, maybe she has been sold into a sex trafficking ring?
speculation, imo.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2004/mar/31/ukcrime

I went through Andrzej Kunowski details as soon as I heard first time about Iwona's case few years back. I am refreshing and rereading on him in last few days.

News articles do mention him briefly as possible perp but they more mention Levi Bellfield. I found few old articles today mentioning also someone called Robert Howard. Never heard of him but proper piece of something when I checked him briefly.

It could not be Levi Bellfield as his smooth talk would not work on Iwona. She would not understand him to convince her. Still, not enough information is known but I am very inclined that it could be Andrzej Kunowski.

His strong ties to Hammersmith, previous assaults, stalking and murder there. Being Polish and Iwona would definitely trust someone from her homeland in new strange city. He was very canny, manipulative and convincing. In 2002, he convinced random young girl at Ealing Broadway station, new in London, that he will arrange room for her. She went with him then and there... He led her to his place.. For near death incident of her he was finally arrested when she escaped after 3 hours. For some reason I do believe he could easily pursway Iwona to travel with him short distance in promise of something to show her or get for her.

Also, shop owner being a bit older I do wonder if he knew Kunowski in some way or if he visited his shop. Andrzej Kunowski was about 45-47 at that time and his crimes were not known yet. He was also using false names. He also worked in nearby dry cleaning shop. He also had his heart operation in Hammersmith hospital in 2001, only block away from where he murdered 12 year old previously and was not cought yet for it.

He was not know for many murders or female disappearances in previous years even though there were many near misses. All his victims have been found rather quickly. He was prolific though, raping, strangling, choking victims almost on weekly bases. He planned, stalked but was also oportunistic when he saw Any chance.

I still wonder. There seems to be just too many common grounds between him, Hammersmith area and Iwona for me to rule him out.

Thank you Al Ka for the information you provided! I would also like to add that Iwona's family members describe her as being close to her family, friendly and very trusting. I suppose it is possible she trusted the wrong person, perhaps one she already knew.

Very good point. Which of course points to two people.

Triss and Dotr, idea that it was preplanned is thought of the family. Bare in mind that that does not have to be nessesarily the case of what happened. Nothing can be ruled out yet. Something did happen to her on that day, but not in the shop.

These unrelated? cases caught my eye, fwiw.

Agnieszka Marciniaki had just given birth to a baby girl at the hospital.

This CCTV footage shows the moment the Polish woman, then 32, was last seen leaving the hospital at around 11.30am on Saturday, January 30 2010.

She told doctors she would return to the hospital once she had gathered some possessions.

But she has not been seen since.

Barnet: Body found in woods in search for missing Polish tourist Irena Wawszczak

Mrs Wawszczak ended up in Mill Hill after a coach taking her back to Poland left without her

Don't think its related. Irena Wawszczak was 64 year old travelling by bus home to Poland. Stranded at random bus station without phone and money then found dead. Actually it is really sad.

Not sure what to think about Agnieszka Marciniaki missing person case. She arrived to UK heavily pregnant, one week before giving birth? Sounds like she was planning something. Hopefully it was not depression or worse that played a part.

That comment says: "That business owner should be questioned in every possible way, old pr*ck is definitely involved in her disappearance, because the CCTV recorded her going to work, but she was never seen leaving it".
Basically, that poster suggests that Iwona's boss could be responsible for her disappearance.

That's my #1 theory as well.

I went through Andrzej Kunowski details as soon as I heard first time about Iwona's case few years back. I am refreshing and rereading on him in last few days.

News articles do mention him briefly as possible perp but they more mention Levi Bellfield. I found few old articles today mentioning also someone called Robert Howard. Never heard of him but proper piece of something when I checked him briefly.

It could not be Levi Bellfield as his smooth talk would not work on Iwona. She would not understand him to convince her. Still, not enough information is known but I am very inclined that it could be Andrzej Kunowski.

His strong ties to Hammersmith, previous assaults, stalking and murder there. Being Polish and Iwona would definitely trust someone from her homeland in new strange city. He was very canny, manipulative and convincing. In 2002, he convinced random young girl at Ealing Broadway station, new in London, that he will arrange room for her. She went with him then and there... He led her to his place.. For near death incident of her he was finally arrested when she escaped after 3 hours. For some reason I do believe he could easily pursway Iwona to travel with him short distance in promise of something to show her or get for her.

Also, shop owner being a bit older I do wonder if he knew Kunowski in some way or if he visited his shop. Andrzej Kunowski was about 45-47 at that time and his crimes were not known yet. He was also using false names. He also worked in nearby dry cleaning shop. He also had his heart operation in Hammersmith hospital in 2001, only block away from where he murdered 12 year old previously and was not cought yet for it.

He was not know for many murders or female disappearances in previous years even though there were many near misses. All his victims have been found rather quickly. He was prolific though, raping, strangling, choking victims almost on weekly bases. He planned, stalked but was also oportunistic when he saw Any chance.

I still wonder. There seems to be just too many common grounds between him, Hammersmith area and Iwona for me to rule him out.

I don't want to rule out Andrzej Kunowski either, but I do think someone else is responsible for Iwona's disappearance. I'm well aware he killed a child, but murder wasn't his usual modus operandi, he was more into rape and stalking than murder. He wasn't very clever either, so I seriously doubt he would be able to get away with murder and hiding a body.
Does anybody know if there's a website like NamUs, but for the UK?

There are databases in UK but not publicly available.

Public viewable are:

Main missing person website run by big charity https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/help-us-find.html (mind you not all cases are listed. No idea how they select who they list or not. Also only photo and no description or circumstances does not help much without further google search of the case). So unfortunately not as good as NamUs or Doe Network.

Unidentified people site, started about year or two ago, run by police: http://missingpersons.police.uk/en-gb/case-search

I have made another FB narrative of Iwona's case for her anniversary and circulating it on UK and Polish FB pages to keep her case alive and hopefully make some people speak - Unidentified And Missing People

Unfortunately its only in English as even though I understand Polish quite well, I don't speak it :(.
I can translate it to Polish :) Hopefully it'll trigger someone's memories.

Excellent FB page. Some of the information available is a bit unclear. How do we know she left work at 5pm as it states that no CCTV images of her were seen after the morning? Is that from someone she was working with/her employer?

Excellent FB page. Some of the information available is a bit unclear. How do we know she left work at 5pm as it states that no CCTV images of her were seen after the morning? Is that from someone she was working with/her employer?

Source of that information was not revealed. Media did mention that she usually finnished around 4-5 pm. I don't think they had solid confirmation (like CCTV) of her leaving at 5pm on that day otherwise they would not dig shop floor.

Also a bit pity that CCTV seemed to be available only from bus stations and none from shopping street where her shop was located. If she did indeed leave shop in the afternoon she could head at any direction, not necessarily bus station.

Source of that information was not revealed. Media did mention that she usually finnished around 4-5 pm. I don't think they had solid confirmation (like CCTV) of her leaving at 5pm on that day otherwise they would not dig shop floor.

Also a bit pity that CCTV seemed to be available only from bus stations and none from shopping street where her shop was located. If she did indeed leave shop in the afternoon she could head at any direction, not necessarily bus station.
Yes a big pity about cctv. Unfortunately at that time in London there didn’t seem to be as many cameras around.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abcdowpp1
Back