UK UK - Jack the Ripper, London 1888, East End, in and around Whitechapel District UNSOLVED

Jack the Ripper by Screaming Lord Sutch

[video=youtube;fknUlQ3mlwM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fknUlQ3mlwM[/video]

[video=youtube;ExsrSCeplXk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExsrSCeplXk[/video]

The 125 anniversary of the murder of Phoebe Hoog and her baby by Mary Pearcey is Saturday. It's the only 1890 murder that I think sometimes gets mentioned in the Ripper Case; mainly because Pearcey is often brought up in the Jill the Ripper theory.

Well, bring it on. Thanks to Stan & wfgodot I've been all over the casebook site & the Maybrick diary & watch consideration. I do have to cook later.

Bring it on I will, simply because I don't want to die without giving this man a good toss.

Who was born in London, had an apparent compulsion about prostitutes, castrated himself because of his compulsion, went against orders in the Civil War and killed someone who was wanted alive, and was mad as a hatter. The same man who went back to London around the time of the Ripper murders, that's who.

Any takers?

Reading a bit at a time -- good enough to savor, and then some -- I've finally come to the first detailed look at Michael Maybrick, Bruce ('Withnail and I') Robinson's candidate in 'They All Love Jack.' Whatever turns out to be the case this is a must-read if only for its first 322 pages (500+ more to go!), a welcome rip through Ripperology, "take no prisoners" funny, and blessed by Robinson's immaculate, well-reasoned research.

Ah, good ole Boston Corbett
Londoner Corbett's a just-fine candidate by me, thanks, as he -- I think -- is the only proposed Ripper with a direct connection to my own Sunflower State.

Extreme longshot though. Which only of course makes his candidacy more interesting!

My top ten most likely Ripper victims in order of likelyhood:

1-Annie Chapman
2-Catherine Eddowes
3-Polly Nichols
4-Mary Kelly
5-Elizabeth Stride
6-Emma Smith
7-Alice McKenzie
8-Martha Tabram
9-Annie Millwood
10-Frances Coles

Members online