UK UK - Jill Dando, 37, Fulham, London, 26 Apr 1999

As I say it is just one theory and I am open to others and do not know the answer but here is the Kosovo appeal featuring Jill Dando. Of course London is a cosmopolitan metropolis with people with connections to all different parts of the world:

I watched the video and for the love of mud I cannot imagine why Serbian leaders would want to murder a vague blonde woman who is obviously reading a text from an autocue and does not even mention them. It is as bland as can be. What are they supposed to have thought? That she organized this all by herself and showed her own video clips of refugees?

If I had not known who she was, I would have forgotten her the moment the video ended. Somehow, for the British this must have been the height of cool, but from mainland Europe ... sorry, no. Those fighting a war in the former Yugoslavia had other things on their mind than a woman collecting blankets and shampoo.

I watched the video and for the love of mud I cannot imagine why Serbian leaders would want to murder a vague blonde woman who is obviously reading a text from an autocue and does not even mention them. It is as bland as can be. What are they supposed to have thought? That she organized this all by herself and showed her own video clips of refugees?

If I had not known who she was, I would have forgotten her the moment the video ended. Somehow, for the British this must have been the height of cool, but from mainland Europe ... sorry, no. Those fighting a war in the former Yugoslavia had other things on their mind than a woman collecting blankets and shampoo.

Thanks for the interest in my post. As I can say we will have to beg to differ on the validity of the hitman theory. She was as much of a vague blonde woman in the case as the Serbian make up girl who used to do the President's make up who was killed in a Nato missile strike on a TV Studio. This would have made him livid and revenge is a motive. Dodgy subject but there have been revenge killings on innocent people in other places including Northern Ireland. So to me she was the face of the West's intervention in the Balkans from the reverse perspective. Britain has long ceased to be a major power in the world and may decline further but listen to the ex Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe talk and he refers to the British before the Americans. My point being Jill Dando placed herself in the Balkans conflict unwittingly by trying to help innocent people and those innocent people were caught up me a conflict were innocent Serbs died like the Television girl there and her I am sure her family loved her. This theory is just one of many. It is a strange theory but the Jill Dando case is a strange case. The appeal posted above was in 1999 and in a short space of time Jill Dando was dead. As I say we will have to beg to differ.

Also Aid workers who are supporting the "other side" can also be attacked. If she was seen to be supporting one side in the war, then the other may have wanted to make an example out of her.

Saying that, I would have thought that that kind of killing would have resulted in a "hey, that was us" as surely if no motive is known, then the whole point of killing someone to make a threat is negated. If that makes sense.

Also Aid workers who are supporting the "other side" can also be attacked. If she was seen to be supporting one side in the war, then the other may have wanted to make an example out of her.

Saying that, I would have thought that that kind of killing would have resulted in a "hey, that was us" as surely if no motive is known, then the whole point of killing someone to make a threat is negated. If that makes sense.

I do not know who killed Jill but someone did and there are other possibilities. She did do the appeal though and was dead a little later in the same year. With regards to not claiming responsibility I would say the Yugoslav President however angry he was is likely to be wary of the might of NATO including any consequences for his own people. I would just like to make the point again stating the obvious wars are nasty and all loss of life is bad including innocent Serbs in missile strikes.

I do not know who killed Jill but someone did and there are other possibilities. She did do the appeal though and was dead a little later in the same year. With regards to not claiming responsibility I would say the Yugoslav President however angry he was is likely to be wary of the might of NATO including any consequences for his own people. I would just like to make the point again stating the obvious wars are nasty and all loss of life is bad including innocent Serbs in missile strikes.

Just want to make one more post on the Yugoslav retaliation hitman theory for the moment I think. Different method of killing but I cannot follow the logic including that of Nick Ross that is a missile can hit a Television station in Belgrade and killed civilians with British involvement yet a British television presenter is immune from possible consequences of this.

Not one person tried to claim the £250,000 reward for information leading to a arrest..

Of course it would be good to see a proper conclusion in this case as everyone speaks about Jill Dando in such a fond way. This however may be a case which is always a mystery and it is to me definitely one of the most bizarre cases in the UK.

Jill Dando murder police 'blunders may have hampered death probe'

Nick Ross:

And we knew it would not be to do with Crimewatch. In modern times, there has never been a judge attacked for sending someone down, a prosecuting solicitor, or anybody.

“It’s just not the way it happens here.

“And when I contacted colleagues in the States, it was as rare as hen’s teeth there.

“The only thing that would have made sense is if you were dealing with a criminal who was not rational about it.

“A lot of the appeals could be frustrating when police had this scattergun approach.”

On the Met’s insistence on leading Jill’s appeals with the Range Rover footage, Nick added: “It was difficult because we had to rely on the way the police wanted to structure it.

“All of us who had spent years on Crimewatch and it may sound absurd to say we know as much about crime as the police, but some of us had been investigating, in a way, longer than some of the detectives.

BBM

I loved to watch Crimewatch and stopped watching it when Nick Ross was taken off it because I felt he had a rough deal and it became commercial.

I do not believe Nick Ross is the best judge in this case. I used to joke with my brother crime watch scares me more than US Killers in Orange Jump Suits because they are over here and uncaught.

The Unsolved Murder of Jill Dando, Britain's 90s TV Sweetheart
April 26 2019 rbbm.
"A former detective who worked on the case would only talk to me on the condition of anonymity. He talks of how 191 CCTV cameras conclusively proved Dando wasn’t followed the morning of her death."

"Craig Jackson, Professor of Psychology at Birmingham City University, believes Dando’s murder may never been solved because of the very nature of her clean-cut persona. “Some detectives,” he says, “when investigating the murder of someone who everyone has only has positive things to say about them, may not fully explore any other areas of their lives that could be linked to the murder. This investigative prejudice can sometimes skew investigations, but the best way to guard against it is reviews of the case and multiple investigative teams working independently of each other.”
Craig Jackson says; “Conspiracy theories flare whenever there are the cardinal ingredients: Celebratory death. Big corporations. Crime scene of little investigative use. No link between victim and murderer. On the whole conspiracy theories are of little value to an investigation, but with the passing of such time, they can be useful in helping investigators to try and think differently about a cold case than may have previously been done.”

And so as this significant anniversary passes, talk of Jill has piqued interest once more, but failed to flag up any sturdy new leads. Last year, TV crime expert, Mark Williams-Thomas nonetheless said he'd been "given the name of the killer," speaking on ITV's This Morning. “There is no doubt Jill was assassinated by a professional hitman,” he said. “The gun has never been recovered. Nothing else has come in circulation. That shows you the quality of this person.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519
Back