UK - Jorge Martin Carreno, 30, found in River Cherwell, Oxford, in 2021, Scarlet Blake on trial for murder Feb 2024

transgender cat killer will serve at least 24 years in a male jail for murdering a BMW engineer she randomly targeted as part of a warped sexual fantasy inspired by a Netflix documentary.

Scarlet Blake's own defence lawyer admitted his client was so dangerous no parole board would ever feel it was safe to release her back into society.

The 26-year-old smashed a vodka bottle over Jorge Martin Carreno's head, strangled him then pushed the Spaniard into Oxford's River Cherwell, where he drowned.

Four months earlier, Blake had livestreamed herself killing a neighbour's cat and placing its body in a blender.

Mr Carreno's brother Gerardo told Oxford Crown Court his sibling's life had been stolen by the twisted killer, adding: 'It's been sleepless nights and days. Going through the pain of losing a son and a brother is a challenge no family should face.'

His mother, Carmen, said the loss of her beloved son would leave 'an open wound' in the family.

Sounds about what I expected, she appears not to have used the worst of her cat-killing sadism on Jorge, so it wasn't likely to reach 30+, however much I'd like it to; I just hope the parole board are careful when it's time to consider her as she'll still be plenty young enough to repeat this, and I don't see much chance of her having changed in the meantime.

Expected more for the cat though; there's a maximum sentence of 5 years for animal cruelty these days,did it just not count as cruelty?? Should've been 5 years consecutive to the 24 IMO (yes I'm a cat lover so the details of that act really got to me...)

same
when will society realize that animal cruelty is a precursor to other criminal behaviour, very often murder?

I've now had a look at the sentencing remarks for this case, link below and go to paragraph 30 for an explanation of the sentencing in relation to the cat. Please note, distressing content relating to animal cruelty in paragraphs 11, 12 and 13; I recommend not reading these parts (I wish I could un-read them!)

Unfortunately, the cat was killed just a matter of months before the new maximum sentence came into effect in June 2021, ergo Mr Justice Chamberlain apparently had no choice but to use the old sentencing guidelines; as he says, this case demonstrates why the increase was necessary.

That said, 24 years minimum for the murder of Mr Carreno still seems too lenient to me.

Also for information purposes only, confirmation on where the prisoner will be incarcerated:

"The Ministry of Justice said Blake, who is transgender, would serve the sentence in a men's prison."

thanks for the explanation
I can only imagine how many other animals the murderer has tortured in their lifetime

thanks for the explanation
I can only imagine how many other animals the murderer has tortured in their lifetime
She targeted a totally random drunk guy walking home from the pub. They had never met, this was the murder of a complete stranger.

He was hit over the head, drowned & body left in the canal. Like all the other mysterious “accidental drownings” she thought the police would never find out & chalk it up as just another “drunk guy fell in river and drowned”

Unfortunately she bragged and sent her lover mementos with his DNA on it and turned it over to the police. Otherwise, it would be another “drunk guy accidentally fell in the river” case.

Pure evil.

She targeted a totally random drunk guy walking home from the pub. They had never met, this was the murder of a complete stranger.

He was hit over the head, drowned & body left in the canal. Like all the other mysterious “accidental drownings” she thought the police would never find out & chalk it up as just another “drunk guy fell in river and drowned”

Unfortunately she bragged and sent her lover mementos with his DNA on it and turned it over to the police. Otherwise, it would be another “drunk guy accidentally fell in the river” case.

Pure evil.

yep evil is right

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trotski24