Found Deceased UK - Lindsay Birbeck, 47, Accrington, 12 Aug 2019 *Arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is nothing to do with any member of the jury nor the defendant. I will wait for guidance around whether I can say it or not before I open my mouth any more! It’s not that exciting anyway.
Hi jellymummy. We can't post anything on the public threads that isn't in mainstream news. Thanks for asking first! :)

Welcome to websleuths!
No,please do not say on here.
Thanks - I’ve actually been a member of websleuths for years and have always just been a lurker but because I live in the town where this murder has taken place I’m obviously very interested and have followed the case since she disappeared last year. I won’t say what I know don’t worry. But it’s not exciting anyway.

Thanks - I’ve actually been a member of websleuths for years and have always just been a lurker but because I live in the town where this murder has taken place I’m obviously very interested and have followed the case since she disappeared last year. I won’t say what I know don’t worry. But it’s not exciting anyway.
Hi jellymummy, I'm from Accy too

I don't see how a "fair trial" is possible now really... People have made their minds up one way or another, most people know what shoddy evidence there was presented...
Regardless of what u think happened, everyone is entitled to a fair trail, which was happening... But the evidence was so weak...
Wonder if there is a problem with one of the "witnesses"... Not that they witnessed much really...

I think social media is slowly killing people getting a fair trial, as every fact or rumour is available so easily to everyone all the time and people can’t help being swayed by preconceived ideas.

Pre social media jurors were often excluded if they lived locally to the crime because they would be exposed to rumour that may be prejudicial one way or the other. That basically now includes everyone with internet access, so is more difficult to get an impartial jury.

I think we will soon move to trials with three judges rather than a jury, especially in murder cases.

Omg.... I got another question...

How the heck did the police dog miss the body on the 20th (which police say had been here from the 17th) when a guy walking his dog, found the bin and returned home with blood on its paws and splatter marks... Then a woman found the bin on the 21st and told the cemetery worker, yet she says it wasn't there the day before....(read on lancs live)

I think social media is slowly killing people getting a fair trial, as every fact or rumour is available so easily to everyone all the time and people can’t help being swayed by preconceived ideas.

Pre social media jurors were often excluded if they lived locally to the crime because they would be exposed to rumour that may be prejudicial one way or the other. That basically now includes everyone with internet access, so is more difficult to get an impartial jury.

I think we will soon move to trials with three judges rather than a jury, especially in murder cases.
Definitely needs to be looked at really, no matter what you "know" or "think" or have been told it should go off the evidence presented.
I could of filled the jury 50 times over with people who already know "exactly what happened" half with different stories and not a shred of evidence haha...
I am from a town outside Accrington, and got fed up of the fb gossip groups and was so happy to find is site...

I didn't know lindsay but know a few of defendants family, don't know defendant, I searched quite a few different areas looking for lindsay before she was found , I have to say this case has a hell of a lot of local people baffled

Sorry if I'm speaking out of turn but do you believe the defendants family would help cover up the crime the defendant was accused of?

Omg.... I got another question...

How the heck did the police dog miss the body on the 20th (which police say had been here from the 17th) when a guy walking his dog, found the bin and returned home with blood on its paws and splatter marks... Then a woman found the bin on the 21st and told the cemetery worker, yet she says it wasn't there the day before....(read on lancs live)

Could the obvious movement of the body in the bin, walking nonchalantly past people and cctv during broad daylight and seemingly going out of the way to be noticed, actually have been a charade to cover :-

A) the person(s) that did it.
B) the murder site.
and C) the method of moving the body to the cemetery.

May explain the seemingly pristine condition of the bin, and the police dog not being aware of a body.

It has crossed my mind that B and C where maybe done in a vehicle.

Hopefully more will come out in June.

I have
Could the obvious movement of the body in the bin, walking nonchalantly past people and cctv during broad daylight and seemingly going out of the way to be noticed, actually have been a charade to cover :-

B) the murder site.

May explain the seemingly pristine condition of the bin, and the police dog not being aware of a body.

I’ve thought this many times - maybe he was SUPPOSED to make sure he was seen so as to throw us off the scent of who really carried out the murder? I’m sure he might have been covering up as a favour/obligation to someone in his community (or someone else) bearing in mind his age and LD status would mean a short sentence and he would come back as some sort of hero (or receive the cash he was allegedly promised) on completion of the sentence and for taking the rap.

B) the murder site.

On the night of the 16th August I saw a white van with three males in it parked behind the whittakers quite late at night.

I reported this to the police but have no idea if it was looked into or not. I struggle to believe that he didnt have some assistance afterward even if he is the killer.

E
I have

I’ve thought this many times - maybe he was SUPPOSED to make sure he was seen so as to throw us off the scent of who really carried out the murder? I’m sure he might have been covering up as a favour/obligation to someone in his community (or someone else) bearing in mind his age and LD status would mean a short sentence and he would come back as some sort of hero (or receive the cash he was allegedly promised) on completion of the sentence and for taking the rap.
Exactly my thoughts on it all.

On the night of the 16th August I saw a white van with three males in it parked behind the whittakers quite late at night.

I reported this to the police but have no idea if it was looked into or not. I struggle to believe that he didnt have some assistance afterward even if he is the killer.

You would hope that this was followed up, but some of the investigation that went on in the case would leave me with some doubts.

It’s suggested on here in quite a few posts that the lad is being manipulated by his family or friends to protect and/or take the rap for someone else. That supposition fails for me because people on the autism spectrum tend not to be good liars either to others or themselves. His parents will certainly know this and I can’t see them being safe or secure in hiding behind his selective mutism if they were involved from the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member