UK UK - Lorna Tilford, 51, from West Yorks, last seen on CCTV Fort William, Highlands, 1 Apr 2022

MsMiniSleuth

Reaction score
277795740_346478597521463_4166743982661621193_njpeg.jpg

A frantic search has been launched for a missing English woman who was last seen on CCTV with a "walking pole" in Fort William.

Lorna Tilford, 51, was last seen in person in Ossett near Wakefield, West Yorkshire, on Wednesday, March 30.

Police enquiries suggest she she travelled to Glasgow by bus and then on to Fort William, where she was spotted in Morrison’s on Friday, April 1.

Officers from both West Yorkshire Police and Police Scotland are appealing for information that could help trace Lorna.

She is described as around 5ft 10ins, with short blonde hair with pink highlights.

278062650_346478584188131_1197927742422955770_njpeg.jpg

Search launched for woman last seen on CCTV with 'walking pole' in Fort William

We are asking for the help of the public to trace a 51-year-old woman, reported missing from West Yorkshire, who has travelled to the Fort William area.

Lorna Tilford was last seen in Osset, Wakefield on Wednesday, 30 March, 2022, and enquiries suggest that she travelled to Glasgow by bus and then on to Fort William where she was seen in Morrison’s on Friday, 1 April.

Lorna is described as around 5ft 10ins, with short blonde hair with pink highlights. When last seen she was wearing a dark-coloured waterproof coat, dark blue jeans, black gloves, and brown boots. She may be carrying a black bag and have a blue walking pole.

Sergeant Leigh Brown said: “Although Lorna does not have any known connections in Fort William, she has travelled to the area and we are keen to speak to her to make sure she is safe and well.

“She has visited shops in Fort William so I am asking anyone who is out and about in the area to keep an eye out for her. Likewise, if guest houses, hotels and hostels have any information about her whereabouts please get in touch.

“Anyone who can help is asked to contact us on 101, quoting incident number 0024 of Wednesday, 6 April.”

Highlands & Islands Police

fort william....possibly aiming to climb Ben Nevis?

I hope she just needed some time away to clear her head.
It sounds like she has some walking/hiking equipment, although I'm not sure if you need 2 walking poles usually, as opposed to one?

I just hope she is careful, as the weather can be cold and wintry still up there, even in April.

I hope she just needed some time away to clear her head.
It sounds like she has some walking/hiking equipment, although I'm not sure if you need 2 walking poles usually, as opposed to one?

I just hope she is careful, as the weather can be cold and wintry still up there, even in April.

It's been really cold and wintry in South Scotland this week so must be pretty rubbish up there.

I was looking for news on this case myself just a couple of days ago. Nothing at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elaguileno81
Back