UK UK- Louise Tume (Aka "Anya Ford") 18, Islington, London, 2005

dotr

Reaction score
upload_2022-1-15_12-27-42.png

Louise Tume went missing in Islington in 2005. Picture: Supplied - Credit: Archant

''A woman who went missing from Islington fourteen years ago this month could be “being held against her will”, claims her devastated younger sister.

Louise Tume, who may also be known as "Anya Ford", was 18 when she disappeared from her sister's life, while in Islington on June 10, 2005.''

October 15, 2020
by Lucas Cumiskey
Louise Tume vanished in Islington 14 years ago and could be being 'held against her will' | Islington Gazette

"I have no idea why she was in Islington," Rebecca told the Gazette. "The police said to me she was among the wrong sort of crowd and not very nice people.''
''Rebecca, who works as a security guard in Norton, North Yorkshire, has trawled the streets of Islington and London in futile search for her sister

"She was involved with different groups of dangerous, high-risk people. I think she has passed or is being held, as sad as that sounds - she put herself at risk.''

''She told of how Louise had recently left care and moved into her own flat shortly before disappearing, making it even more "odd" she'd just leave everything behind.''

"The last time I heard from her was in 2006," said Rebecca. "I got a call from a payphone and she said: 'Becky, I'm OK.' That was in 2006 when I was doing my GCSEs."

Asked how she remembers her sister, Louise said: "She's very dreamy and in a bit of a fantasy land. She wasn't grounded."

Louise Tume - Missing People
Louise Tume
06-000681_1.jpg

Report a sighting
  • AGE AT DISAPPEARANCE
  • MISSING FROM
    Islington, London
  • MISSING SINCE
    10/06/2005
  • REFERENCE NO
    06-000681

Can you help find these missing North East people?

This article published in 2015 states she went missing from a different location... ETA: perhaps the last known location ended up being Islington and this was just the original report? (Speculation). It's tragic that her case hasn't received the attention it deserves.

From the article:
Louise Tume, 18 at the time of her disappearance from Darlington in June 2005, was last seen in Hurworth village, near Darlington, at about 12.40pm on Wednesday, June 9 2005. It is a mystery why Louise failed to return home on that Wednesday evening as expected. It is thought that she could be in the Middlesbrough area. Louise is described as having a slim build, a pale complexion, brown eyes and reddish brown short hair in a bob. When she was last seen she was wearing blue embroidered jeans, a blue denim jacket, pink high-heeled sandals and was had a denim bag.

Article from Nov. 2022:

The article quotes her sister and gives some detailed information about their childhoods.
"Louise was described as a slim girl, around 5ft 6ins tall, with brown eyes and reddish/ brown shoulder-length hair. She wore her hair in a bob and was wearing blue embroidered jeans, a blue denim jacket and pink sandals."

A missing persons appeal remains live on missingpeople.org.uk. It says Louise may also be known as 'Anya Ford'. Information can be given anonymously by calling or texting 116000

I grew up near Islington and you would (and still do see) a lot of lost people.

Her sister featured on The Missing podcast (the people behind that also produced my podcast, Faceless). The fact that the siblings were split up is so tragic. So much sadness in this. I hope Rebecca gets her answers.

I’m assuming the police have a much bigger picture than Rebecca does but whether or not the will is there from their end to dig into this, I don’t know.

1. Somebody reported her missing. That implies some kind of relationship or acquaintance at the very least. She must have had a place or pattern to break for her disappearance to be noted and reported.

2. She received a letter from someone who is traceable. She cared enough about this James Lee to keep his letter. He knew about her situation, I’m willing to bet he’d have names and opinions.

3. The Met Police could likely find some kind of acquaintance from Darlington / Scarborough that had links to London too. More likely Louise would make the move if she at least knows one person.

4. What was her situation in Darlington that she suddenly left? She had her own flat to live in. Maybe she wasn’t in a good situation which prompted her eloping. A man from Darlington / similar went south looking for her?

5. Have unclaimed bodies been looked into? It’s an awful possibility but somebody who ODs without ID on them… Maybe they’re not top of the priority list for the police. A lot of people don’t have driving licenses in the U.K. and ID cards aren’t compulsory like they are in the EU. This is entirely possible too, sadly.

Just thinking out loud

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_thinking
Back