UK - Manhunt after 27 year-old mother pushing her baby in a pram was fatally stabbed on 6 April 2024, Westgate area in Bradford

JennieM

Reaction score
Habibur Masum, 25, is wanted over the attack in the Westgate area of Bradford at 15:21 BST on Saturday.

The 27-year-old woman, who suffered multiple stab wounds, later died in hospital.

Habibur Masum
IMAGE SOURCE, WEST YORKSHIRE POLICE
Habibur Masum, 25, is wanted in connection with the fatal stabbing, police said

West Yorkshire Police confirmed she was with her baby at the time of the attack and told people not to approach Mr Masum.

The force said he was known to the victim but have not confirmed their relationship.

The force also said a knife was found at the scene but it is not clear if Mr Masum is armed.
He is from the Oldham area and described as Asian and of a slim build.

Mr Masum has been pictured on CCTV wearing a duffle coat with three large horizontal lines of grey, white and black, light blue or grey tracksuit bottoms with a small black emblem on the left pocket and maroon trainers.

A witness also reported seeing him wearing a grey hoody with the hood up after the incident on Westgate's junction with Drewton Road.
Police searching the scene, at Westgate's junction with Drewton Road.

Police searching the scene, at Westgate's junction with Drewton Road.

Det Ch Insp Stacey Atkinson said: "We have had significant resources following up a number of lines of inquiry to locate Habibur Masum but at this time his whereabouts are unknown.

"I would urge anyone who does see him not to approach him but to call 999 immediately."

He is also believed to have links to the Burnley and Chester areas.

Det Ch Insp Atkinson said the death of a young woman in "such shocking circumstances" has caused "considerable concern" in the community, adding that residents could expect to see more police officers in Bradford.

1712505674287.jpeg

Masum is pictured on CCTV wearing a duffle coat with three large horizontal lines of grey, white and black, as well as light grey tracksuit bottoms and maroon trainers

The murder took place outside the Westgate International Food store, at the junction of Westgate and Drewton Road, at 3:21pm yesterday.

1712505810604.jpeg
A police cordon put in place around the scene in Westgate, Bradford yesterday

Just wow! I had heard of this incident but not that this poor mother was pushing her baby in a pram at the time! Absolutely sickening.
What a dangerous evil person, I hope whoever is keeping him safe gives him up and he is dealt with quickly.

1712512841122.png
''West Yorkshire Detective Chief Inspector Stacey Atkinson said: “We have had significant resources following up a number of lines of enquiry to locate Habibur Masum but at this time his whereabouts are unknown.
“A knife was recovered from the scene of the murder, but we cannot say if Habibur Masum is armed, and I would urge anyone who does see him not to approach him but to call 999 immediately.''

A mother who was fatally stabbed to death while pushing her baby in a pram in Bradford has been named as 27-year-old Kulsama Akter from Oldham.

Ms Akter was attacked in the Westgate area on Saturday. Her baby was not harmed, West Yorkshire Police said.

rbbm
''West Yorkshire Police said a 23-year-old man had been arrested as part of the investigation. They named the victim as 27-year-old Kulsama Akter.''
''Police have launched a manhunt and are searching for Habibur Masum.
The 25-year-old from the Oldham area has links to Burnley and Chester. He is described as an Asian man, of slim build.''
1712591583411.png
West Yorkshire Police said Masum may still be armed and warned members of the public not to approach him.

Masum is understood to have entered the UK two years ago and was studying for a masters in digital marketing at the University of Bedfordshire.

The student, who is believed to be married, has a YouTube account and just days before the attack he uploaded a video showing a recent trip to Barcelona.
Masum regularly posts videos of his day-to-day life and describes himself as an “adventure lover”.

One post shows him looking through Bangladeshi-made clothes in Primark before trying on a range of winter jumpers. He then films a children’s offer and leaves with two full bags.''

Suspect Habibur Masum, who is being hunted by police, remains at large and members of the public are being urged 'not to approach' him but 'call 999 immediately'.

[…]

At a press conference today, West Yorkshire Police Assistant Chief Constable Damien Miller named Ms Akter and revealed his officers had arrested a 23-year-old man on suspicion of assisting an offender.

Masum appeared in court accused of assaulting and threatening to kill Ms Akter last November, MailOnline can reveal.

Speaking at a press conference on Monday, Assistant Chief Constable Damien Miller said Ms Akter died after being stabbed "multiple times". He said the baby was "fit and well".

[…]

Raids have taken place in Oldham, where Ms Akter and Mr Masum were both from, as well as in the Burnley and Chester areas, he said, but would not confirm where the 23-year-old man had been arrested.

A mother who was fatally stabbed to death while pushing her baby in a pram in Bradford has been named as 27-year-old Kulsama Akter from Oldham.

Ms Akter was attacked in the Westgate area on Saturday. Her baby was not harmed, West Yorkshire Police said.

Poor young woman and poor little baby :-(

Murder suspect hunted over mother stabbed to death in front of her baby son in Bradford had been charged with assaulting her five months earlier but freed on bail - as police say they have arrested a man, 23, on suspicion of helping him get away​

Today, Greater Manchester Police announced it had referred itself to the Independent Officer for Police Conduct due to its previous contact with Masum and Ms Akter.

The murder suspect appeared at Tameside Magistrates' Court accused of assaulting and threatening to kill Ms Akter last November but was released on bail, MailOnline can reveal.

Murder suspect hunted over mother stabbed to death in front of her baby son in Bradford had been charged with assaulting her five months earlier but freed on bail - as police say they have arrested a man, 23, on suspicion of helping him get away​

Today, Greater Manchester Police announced it had referred itself to the Independent Officer for Police Conduct due to its previous contact with Masum and Ms Akter.

The murder suspect appeared at Tameside Magistrates' Court accused of assaulting and threatening to kill Ms Akter last November but was released on bail, MailOnline can reveal.

This is so infuriating. I take it Masum was bailed with conditions not to contact the victim.

I hope this is not a case of Masum harassing the victim under bail conditions and the police failing to respond correctly.

JMO

I'm guessing they were in some type of relationship and then the suspect quickly turned into a phycho.

JMO

Sounds likely, on the news earlier it showed one of his social media videos putting a cot together and I'm sure they mentioned it was "just 5 months ago". The news reporting the child is 5 months old. Mother was pushing a baby in a pram at the time of the murder, I wonder if the child is his?

Just speculation MOO.

Sounds likely, on the news earlier it showed one of his social media videos putting a cot together and I'm sure they mentioned it was "just 5 months ago". The news reporting the child is 5 months old. Mother was pushing a baby in a pram at the time of the murder, I wonder if the child is his?

Just speculation MOO.
A very good catch and to expand on your speculation maybe the original assault was to do with him being denied seeing his baby?

My original thoughts were they was both in a secret relationship and things turned sour. I say this as Masum was reported as believed to be married.

JMO

This man was on bail awaiting trial after being accused of assaulting threatening to kill the deceased women in November last year.

Cases like these really annoy me.. this women did everything right took the brave and courageous step to report her attacker to the police.. yet the justice system FAILED her.

This poor women must have been living in constant fear of him.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukeyboy43
Back