UK UK - Natalie Putt, 17, Dudley, West Midlands, 1 Sept 2003

News article just came out which answers lots of questions previously asked here on this thread. It has also much more information than I have seen before about the circumstances.

===
The ex-boyfriend of a young mother who vanished in 2003 on her way to the shops leaving her 11-week-old baby behind today denied killing her at an inquest.
---
On the day she disappeared, she had just been dropped off at home by her new boyfriend Chris Millard having broken up with the father of her son, Kevin McCallum, weeks earlier.
---
Mr McCallum (ex) was quizzed by police on several occasions and arrested on suspicion of murder in March 2004 before being released without charge.
---
He told the inquest how he met Natalie at a training course in the summer of 2002.
---
'We didn't make any plans for the future - the baby was born in June. When the baby was born I stayed over at hers a few times to do some nappy changes and feeds.

'I didn't know what their relationship was between Natalie and Chris (new bf). When she started to see him we were on a break.

'I wasn't too happy, I wanted to know who this man was spending time with my son. She felt she needed some space, time on her own.
---
Describing the day she disappeared, Mr McCallum (ex) said: 'We went upstairs to talk about the relationship. We were smoking at the time.

'Then she said she was going to get some more cigarettes. I didn't see her leave the front door. I went back to feeding the baby. It had taken 45 minutes to feed him and then I went down stairs. Later that evening I saw her phone was on the side.'

The inquest heard a taxi driver told police he had been called to the house and a man came out carrying a baby and holding four or five black bin bags.

During the police investigation, bin bags were recovered from the loft as well as a blood-stained T-shirt which matched Natalie's DNA.

Mr McCallum denied putting bags in the taxi. He told the inquest: 'I never said I didn't get a taxi, I'm saying the taxi driver is a liar. I want to make sure the truth comes out. I didn't put anything into the taxi.
---
Mr Millard (her new bf), 32, told the hearing he had dropped Natalie off at her home on the day she disappeared in a car he changed a week later.

He said: 'In 2003 I was living with my nan. I was about 17-years-old. I met Natalie through the horses and I think her dad had a horse off me.
---
She was with me on that Sunday night -August 31, 2003. The baby was with us too.

'On the day she went missing I dropped her off at home in the morning about 8am and Kevin was waiting for her at the house.

Ex-boyfriend of young mother, 17, who vanished in 2003 denies murder | Daily Mail Online

So Natalie disappeared after she and her newly born spend night with her new bf. Bf brought her to her home in the morning where her ex was waiting for her...

For some reason I do not think she ever went to any shop... Her ex was last person to see her and bloody shirt with her DNA was found hidden in the loft... Body or not, I am surprised he was not locked up long ago.

Well! If we judge it on this alone I'd say the Ex/ baby's father has got away with murder!

It follows a very classic pattern of women killed by jealous ex/partner almost to the letter.

Robert Ewing moved from the midlands to Blackpool in 1999 at the same time as the Downes family and Nigel Lloyd. He had friends and relatives still in the midlands and was known to return there. It's also disturbingly similar to Natalie Payne's disappearance. Could this b eanother murder linked to Christopher Halliwell?

Robert Ewing moved from the midlands to Blackpool in 1999 at the same time as the Downes family and Nigel Lloyd. He had friends and relatives still in the midlands and was known to return there. It's also disturbingly similar to Natalie Payne's disappearance. Could this b eanother murder linked to Christopher Halliwell?

Can you expand on your comment please? I'm not instantly familiar with the names you mention ... other than Halliwell!

In 2007 Robert Ewing killed Paige Chivers in his home at Bispham near Blackpool and disposed of her body. It was 2015 before he was convicted, Paige's body is still missing. Given the ease he avoided detection for 8 years and successfully disposed of her body I have long thought Paige wasn't his first murder and have long suspected him of Charlene's murder. He lived 2 bus stops away at the time and like Robert Downes senior, Charlene's father was also a former soldier and member of far right organisations as was Nigel lloyd . I also looked into unsolved murders and disappearances in the west midlands where Ewing also lived and had family and friends still in the area.
I've also read that Christopher Halliwell could be responsible as he drove all over the UK for a living and was a narrow boat owner with extensive knowledge of the UK canals and inland waterways

in the pge hivers case robert ewing also made an anon call to the police as happend in this case.

i think the cab driver must of been lying if he was telling the truth the boyfreind would be in jail for murder by now..

Hi I'm new here but im from the area and I remember the day she went missing. I have a few questions.
1. If a taxi driver was called it was for a reason right? Whoever called it was going somewhere and usually when you call a taxi you say where you are going. I think the taxi driver could help

2. There is a find natalie page on facebook. There are a few members that have some quite strange profiles. By that i mean i think they are sock puppet profiles... They have a generic profile picture, no friends in common and trust me everyone knows everyone in gornal.. From my criminology experience a murderer never strays too far away from the crime scene. They like to be in the loop. It may be worth checking into the people on the facebook page. The killer may be there watching

ithink you willfind a lot of pages hav eople with the same fake profiles theres nothing sinster about it there doing it for the same reason dont use there real names on here.

i think the cab driver must of been lying if he was telling the truth the boyfreind would be in jail for murder by now..

Sometimes justice is slow, very very slow.

Sister of young mum Natalie Putt who vanished in Dudley in 2003 still hopes to get answers | Daily Mail Online

from the Daily mail dated 5 April 2021

"Speaking on the Missing Podcast, Natalie's half-sister Rebecca Coggins told how she is still looking to get justice for her sister.

'Natalie was the sort of person, I know it sounds cliche, but would be a friend to anybody,' explained Rebecca - who had a nine-and-a-half-year age gap to her half sister. 'She was one of the most kindest people I know. She had a bit of an edge to her and could certainly handle her own, but mainly she was this very vivacious person you just didn't forget.'

It has since been 17 years since Natalie's disappearance and Rebecca has never wavered in her belief that Natalie wouldn't have left Rhys behind willingly. Her adamant assertion that Natalie had come to harm surprised even the police. They reminded Rebecca this was a missing person's investigation - not a murder inquiry.

'My thought all the way through is that something horrific happened to Natalie that day,' she explained. 'Everybody kept saying to me you're wrong, there's no evidence to suggest she's been murdered. All I ever knew was that she went out to the shop and never came home.'

The investigation evolved in fits and starts over the next decades. There were arrests, searches, appeals and sightings.

Then, in December 2018 - 15 years after Natalie's disappearance - there was a hearing and inquest into her presumed death - something which was illuminating to Rebecca for all of the wrong reasons."

I agree. I guess without more evidence it's difficult to prove but you never know, times have changed- thinking of justice served for Debbie Griggs and Sarah Wellgreen.

What reason would the taxi driver have to lie compared to the last person who saw a woman who has been declared dead and died in the house of her ex boyfriend (last person to see her)? Unless you're being facetious of course...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarrickuk
Back