UK - Nicholas Billingham, 42, body found buried in garden, Northampton, Mar 2022 *arrest*

Teacher to stand trial accused of murdering and burying her boyfriend

Teacher to stand trial accused of murdering and burying her boyfriend
Quoted from the article you have linked -

"She appeared at Northampton Crown Court on Friday where a preliminary trial date was set for September 12 this year pending her making a plea.

Remanding her in custody, Judge David Herbert told her: 'You must come to the trial because, if you don't, the trial will go on in your absence.'

Peter Joyce, prosecuting, told the court the defence will be serving three reports onto the prosecution: a psychiatric report, a psychological report and a coercive behaviour report by July 29."

A 48-year-old woman has today (Friday, August 12) pleaded not guilty to the murder of Nick Billingham.

Fiona Beal, of Moore Street, Kingsley, denied murdering 42-year-old Mr Billingham some time between October 30 and November 10 last year.

She was arrested at a hotel in Cumbria on March 16 leading to a police search of her home address in Northampton where the remains of Mr Billingham were eventually discovered in the rear garden.
A subsequent post-mortem revealed he had died as a result of a stab wound to the neck.
During today’s hearing at Northampton Crown Court, the defendant spoke only to confirm her name and plea.
Remanding her back in custody, Her Honour Judge Adrienne Lucking adjourned the case for a further hearing at the same court on September 6.
A trial date was previously set for September 12.

Trial pushed back by about 3 months due to new evidence coming to light.
Teacher arrested in Cumbria on suspicion of murder has trial delayed

Wonder what the new evidence is?
Also, it says he died of a stab wound to the neck. I wonder if it was one singular stab wound or many, but just one killed him? I can't put into words how I feel it's different as everything comes off disrespectful and not sure how to word it.

Trial pushed back by about 3 months due to new evidence coming to light.
Teacher arrested in Cumbria on suspicion of murder has trial delayed

Wonder what the new evidence is?
Also, it says he died of a stab wound to the neck. I wonder if it was one singular stab wound or many, but just one killed him? I can't put into words how I feel it's different as everything comes off disrespectful and not sure how to word it.
It says phone and computer evidence.

I wonder if she's only just provided them with her passwords, or they've obtained his, or something like that?

05-12-2022​
4​
T20227058​
Fiona Beal​
Details:Custody Time Limit application - Case Started - 10:17

06-09-2022​
4​
T20227058​
Fiona Beal​
Details:Further Case Management - Case Started - 13:59

https://www.thelawpages.com/court-hearings-lists/crown-court-lists-results.php

report dated 6th Sept 2022 - https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/...-fiona-beals-trial-date-is-moved-back-3833458

"Beal’s custody limit time was extended to December 19. The new trial date is yet to be determined but is expected to take place before that date. Beal was remanded in custody."

Looks like jury has already been sworn in and then adjourned,

Monday 6th March

4​
T20227058​
Fiona Beal​
Details:For Trial (No Witnesses) - Case Started - 10:06
For Trial (No Witnesses) - Case adjourned until 11:00 - 10:26
For Trial (No Witnesses) - Resume - 11:14
For Trial (No Witnesses) - Case adjourned until 10:00 - 11:50

Tuesday 7th March

4​
T20227058​
Fiona Beal​
Details:Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 10:45
Trial (Part Heard) - Jury Sworn In - 10:54
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 10:00 - 11:27
https://www.thelawpages.com/court-hearings-lists/crown-court-daily/46/lists/2023-03-07

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thelittlebunny
Back