UK - Nicholas Rossi, 34, aka Alahverdian aka Arthur Knight, faked death found alive in Glasgow , 15 Jan 2022 *extradited back to the US*

At a hearing at Edinburgh Sheriff Court on Thursday, the man’s lawyer David Kinloch said work is under way to prove the identity of his client, who is being held at HMP Edinburgh, known as Saughton.

He told the court: “The Crown have provided various photographs of a person they believe is Nicholas Rossi, including tattoos being exhibited. It was suggested that my client should be examined and photographed.

“That has been done on an evening visit to Saughton. I personally attended last Thursday, a week ago today, and counsel is in possession of those photos.”

[...]

He said: “Any sheriff considering the case will have to consider identity. Dates have been identified on November 7 and four days thereafter should a sheriff need to hear evidence in the question of identity.

“It’s my submission that efforts should be made to preserve those dates.”

Sheriff Campbell agreed to set a further hearing for October 13.

On the matter of bail, he said: “It is not competent for me to review the bail order. That is a matter for the appeal court and it’s clear that you have that in hand Mr Kinloch.”

At a hearing at Edinburgh Sheriff Court on Thursday, the man’s lawyer David Kinloch said work is under way to prove the identity of his client, who is being held at HMP Edinburgh, known as Saughton.

He told the court: “The Crown have provided various photographs of a person they believe is Nicholas Rossi, including tattoos being exhibited. It was suggested that my client should be examined and photographed.

“That has been done on an evening visit to Saughton. I personally attended last Thursday, a week ago today, and counsel is in possession of those photos.”

[...]

He said: “Any sheriff considering the case will have to consider identity. Dates have been identified on November 7 and four days thereafter should a sheriff need to hear evidence in the question of identity.

“It’s my submission that efforts should be made to preserve those dates.”

Sheriff Campbell agreed to set a further hearing for October 13.

On the matter of bail, he said: “It is not competent for me to review the bail order. That is a matter for the appeal court and it’s clear that you have that in hand Mr Kinloch.”

More from article:

SBM
Mr Kinloch asked for the proceedings to be continued for another week as his client’s senior legal counsel were not available for the hearing due to other court commitments. A report about the 35-year-old by a forensic psychologist is also not yet ready, although it is hoped this will have progressed in time for a hearing next week.

Lawyers for Rossi, who fled to Scotland from America to escape an array of alleged offences, applied for bail on Thursday morning.

But the application, held in private at the Sheriff Appeal Court in Edinburgh, was refused.

Two hours later Rossi, 35, appeared via video link at the city’s sheriff court for a procedural hearing.

[...]

Not wearing his usual oxygen mask and clearly emotional, Rossi held up his hand to speak several times but wasn’t able to interject.

[...]

Sheriff Maciver set the extradition hearing to begin on November 7 and said Rossi “will be in custody for these proceedings”.

Raising his hand to speak, Rossi only managed to say “My lord” before the feed was cut.

Lawyers for Rossi, who fled to Scotland from America to escape an array of alleged offences, applied for bail on Thursday morning.

But the application, held in private at the Sheriff Appeal Court in Edinburgh, was refused.

Two hours later Rossi, 35, appeared via video link at the city’s sheriff court for a procedural hearing.

[...]

Not wearing his usual oxygen mask and clearly emotional, Rossi held up his hand to speak several times but wasn’t able to interject.

[...]

Sheriff Maciver set the extradition hearing to begin on November 7 and said Rossi “will be in custody for these proceedings”.

Raising his hand to speak, Rossi only managed to say “My lord” before the feed was cut.

Seems Sheriff Maciver feels he's heard enough from Rossi. :D I'm glad his bail was denied. I firmly believe if he's released pending trial he'll run off "toward the bliss of the sun"...again. :rolleyes: MOO

I've read through this whole thread and am fascinated and confused.
How did the US agents know who he was when he got admitted to hospital in Scotland and get there so quickly?
How did he get an "Irish/British" passport? There is no such thing. You can have one of each.
As an Irish person I would love to hear the Irish accent he was trying to fake. And the fact that he couldn't keep it while drinking...
He's definitely an abusive narcissist with delusions of grandeur in my opinion. A scary character as it seems he half believes his own BS.

I think Nicholas Rossi has been paying attention to Darrell Brooks' trial in Waukesha. :rolleyes: Nick the narcissist would no doubt believe he'd be his best defender. Also, Rossi's intermittent Irish accent reminds me of DB's selective hearing. MOO

31 Oct 2022
SBM

Sources allege he reacted angrily to advice that he should admit he has narcissistic personality disorder. [snip] “But he was having none of it and screamed in an American accent, ‘I’m not crazy’. "It seems his Irish accent slips when he’s under pressure.”

Snip

The source added: “He’s now representing himself and who knows how this will play out. “There is a suggestion he may make a move to delay a hearing due next week. “If he does try to do that the sheriff won’t be happy. It could be viewed as a tactic by him to try to avoid being brought to justice.”

Rossi is claiming that he didn't have tattoos prior to entering hospital

OMG!! :eek:Quick...call Interpol. Two countries have conspired against poor Mr. Rossi.o_O

If it weren't the case that this idiot has left victims in his wake, I'd laugh. The courts need to simply be done with this narcissistic fool. :mad: MOO

Fugitive Nicholas Rossi has been hit with a second extradition request by US authorities over an alleged rape and a sexual assault.

The 35-year-old is currently fighting a request for him to be returned to America to face prosecution over a 2008 rape charge in Utah.

At his extradition hearing on Wednesday, Edinburgh Sheriff Court heard a new request had been made by Utah prosecutors.

The court heard two women are making allegations against Rossi over another 2008 rape and a sex attack.

[...]

The sheriff said he would issue a ruling on whether he was satisfied Rossi was the person sought in the US in court on Friday at 10am.

He also denied Rossi's latest application for bail.

[...]

Sheriff McFadyen granted him time on Wednesday morning for him to consult with his client on the matter.

After the 20 minute break, Rossi returned to the court loudly weeping in his wheelchair.

Mr Bovey informed the sheriff he’d been unable to take “intelligible instructions” from Rossi who had “become emotional”.

He said he now no longer planned to call a Utah lawyer as a defence witness to testify over video link about Rossi’s tattoos.

A man arrested in a Scottish hospital last year is US fugitive Nicholas Rossi, a court has ruled.
The man had claimed to have been the victim of mistaken identity, and insisted his name was Arthur Knight.
But Edinburgh Sheriff Court heard that his tattoos and fingerprints matched those of Rossi.

[...]

He will now face an extradition hearing, when the Scottish courts will decide whether to send him back to the US to stand trial on the allegations against him.

A man arrested in a Scottish hospital last year is US fugitive Nicholas Rossi, a court has ruled.
The man had claimed to have been the victim of mistaken identity, and insisted his name was Arthur Knight.
But Edinburgh Sheriff Court heard that his tattoos and fingerprints matched those of Rossi.

[...]

He will now face an extradition hearing, when the Scottish courts will decide whether to send him back to the US to stand trial on the allegations against him.

So much Scottish tax payers’ money wasted on this one

SBM
After seeing evidence including fingerprints and tattoos, judge Norman McFadyen told Edinburgh Sheriff Court that “I am ultimately satisfied on the balance of probabilities … that Mr. Knight is indeed Nicholas Rossi, the person sought for extradition by the United States.” [snip] McFadyen said those claims of mistaken identity were “implausible” and “fanciful.”

SBM
"If I'm being honest, I hoped he was dead,"... [snip] Mary said she believes Rossi has been using a similar strategy during his extradition case as when he was sentenced during her trial in May 2008. [snip] "He is trying to fool everybody and I'm glad so many people see through it," she added.

Snip

Former Rhode Island representative Brian Coogan, who was once a friend of Rossi, said he knew him when he went by the alias Nicholas Alahverdian. "He's an evil kid, he's a bad kid," he said. "I felt vindicated when they said he's alive."

#More at link

His terrifying dossier of notepads was found by his first wife Kathryn Heckendorn during a violent seven-month marriage in 2015.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alhxo
Back