VERDICT WATCH UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
The interesting part will be to see how long the judge lets them go before he asks for an update on where they are at.
When I did jury service we sent a note to the judge at the end of the first day of deliberations saying we were decided on one of the charges and still had the second charge to deliberate. Not giving any indication of what decision we'd reached of course.

Before the forthcoming verdict comes (and many posts will undoubtedly appear on here about said verdict), I just want to add my thanks to the posters who have worked so hard on here on keeping us up to date and correlating information from different days in the case. Tortoise comes to mind particularly, but I know there have been others! Thank you all, much appreciated.

And thank you all to the mods who have clarified things/kept us in line where necessary.

A government minister has the same right to ask the court to hand down a particular sentence as you or I do. We can. Ask but will be completely ignored. The Home Office, nor anyone else, has any authority to "recommend" any sentence.

Life sentencing is set by statutory guidelines and the court has to follow them.

I don't see why Ministers would be being kept "well briefed" at all. Its just a criminal trial and, as such, has nothing to do with government.

The idea that the government will be asking the court to impose any "restrictions" is completely daft. They won't and any minister seen trying to influence the work of a court will have some very serious questions to answer

The suggestion that anyone involved with this case will be receiving communications as to what course of action is "desireable" to government is ridiculous, conspiracy theory nonsense, quite frankly!
Yes, and remember this site is supposed to be LE friendly, which includes the justice system. Implying that His Honour might be influenced in deciding his sentencing isn’t a great look, let alone by Downing Street on some kind of secret red phone speed dial.

A government minister has the same right to ask the court to hand down a particular sentence as you or I do. We can. Ask but will be completely ignored. The Home Office, nor anyone else, has any authority to "recommend" any sentence.

Life sentencing is set by statutory guidelines and the court has to follow them.

I don't see why Ministers would be being kept "well briefed" at all. Its just a criminal trial and, as such, has nothing to do with government.

The idea that the government will be asking the court to impose any "restrictions" is completely daft. They won't and any minister seen trying to influence the work of a court will have some very serious questions to answer

The suggestion that anyone involved with this case will be receiving communications as to what course of action is "desireable" to government is ridiculous, conspiracy theory nonsense, quite frankly!
If found guilty this case could - and probably will - have profound repercussions for the future of neonatal care IMHO . There were significant regulatory changes after Shipman re death certs / drugs / overview of care . Public inquiry possible. The RCN and GMC and BMA are probably following v closely

Well, I think a lot of the jurors may have summer vacation plans, so I expect a verdict early next week. They are going to want to sleep on their decision during the weekend.
And the judge told them there was no time pressure / no need to rush and if I were juror I’d interpret that as don’t give quick verdict.

And the judge told them there was no time pressure / no need to rush and if I were juror I’d interpret that as don’t give quick verdict.
Take the time, do it right the first time. Don't leave question marks that could lead to a mistrial. After nine months, I'd be checking everything meticulously, too.

MOO

Length of Deliberations Predictions

Mon 10th - day 1 (afternoon only) - 2pm to 4pm minus 5mins = 1h 55m
Tues 11th - day 2 - 4h 20m
Wed 12th - day 3 - 4h 20m
Thur 13th - day 4 - 4h 20m
Fri 14th - day 5 - 4h 20m

Running total = 19h 15m

Still in the game -

19h 30m - @MissMarbles
19h 45m - @ScotAng
20h - @Moll
21h 30m - @Kasmeer
22h 22m - @abovethestorm
23h 12m - @Dcflag
24h 10m - @Blondiexoxo
25h - @Sarahlou
28h - @squish
28h 28m - @DianaWW
30h 10m - @WaxLyrical
31h 30m - @Sweeper2000
32h 14m - @Kittybunny
34h - @bbsaz
35h 25m - @Dotta
41h 15m - @Observant-ADHD-ENFP-BSc
45h 10m - @esther43
58h - @Jw192
70h - @bobbymkii
75h - @CS2C
80h - @V347

--

Couple of questions.
1. was ll still working at the coch at the time of first arrest

2. what was the stages of investigation after her move to clerical at the patient safety office, repeat, THE PATIENT SAFETY OFFICE ?
so Caroline Oakley if I remember correctly? was responsible for organising that first step? Presumably internal Investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror