GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a newspaper article circulating here (I think) a while back, a “happy birthday” notice for LL (I think it may have been her 21st?) to LL which looked like it was from her brothers (or half brothers?) I thought she had older siblings/her dads side from previous relationship. Can anyone recall that article?

[Unless, she is indeed an only child and that newspaper notice was actually from pets? Like the same birthday card pinned to her notice board in her kitchen from her cats, (wrote by her mother) with the words “mummy” on it.]

This one?

There was a newspaper article circulating here (I think) a while back, a “happy birthday” notice for LL (I think it may have been her 21st?) to LL which looked like it was from her brothers (or half brothers?) I thought she had older siblings/her dads side from previous relationship. Can anyone recall that article?

[Unless, she is indeed an only child and that newspaper notice was actually from pets? Like the same birthday card pinned to her notice board in her kitchen from her cats, (wrote by her mother) with the words “mummy” on it.]
I'm sure it was mentioned/suggested on here that she potentially had half siblings.

Edit: she was a Godmother, though.

Im still ploughing through the thread.
Will I ever crawl to the newest post?
:oops:

But Im curious what is Defence barrister Mr BM's opinion about the verdicts???

Can he be satisfied with 2 charges NG and others with No Verdicts?

Is there an interview with him somewhere?

OK
Back to page 30+

Im still ploughing through the thread.
Will I ever crawl to the newest post?
:oops:

But Im curious what is Defence barrister Mr BM's opinion about the verdicts???

Can he be satisfied with 2 charges NG and others with No Verdicts?

Is there an interview with him somewhere?

OK
Back to page 30+
BM will never be able to talk due to the privileged position he is in with his client.

Just catching up with the BBC1 report just now and the fact numerous senior, respected paediatricians/consultants were blatantly ignored is mind boggling. The last thing they must have wanted to do was to question one of their own in regards to something as harrowing like this. It wasn't a whimsical decision. The way the manager treated it was diabolical.

Just finished the BBC Panorama episode. Wow. So, she was a premature baby herself?

Very interesting hearing from her childhood friend, who says all her friends have stood by her and she won’t believe she’s guilty unless Letby confesses.

This terrifies me. I was honestly expecting to hear that she had some very strange behaviours. The fact that friends still describe her as the most kind and gentle person they’ve ever known. It just hammers home that we can never truly know anyone, no matter how much we think we know them.
I expected that and posted predictions that we would not hear any childhood stories about her being cruel to friends , family or even animals. In fact, she would be seen as highly compassionate and concerned for others.

That ^^^ corroborates with the behaviours of other 'killer caretakers ' like B Allit.

Factitious Disorder By Proxy ---[Imposed upon another]

FDIA is a type of factitious disorder — a mental health condition where the person lies about the medical conditions of someone they care for in order to earn praise and attention. They often create those conditions themselves.

What are the symptoms of factitious disorder imposed on another (FDIA)?​

An adult with FDIA often will not leave the bedside of their child or person they’re caring for. They’ll also discuss in detail the symptoms and care that’s been provided. This is typically used as evidence that he or she is a good caretaker and is doing a thorough job. If the symptoms go away when the patient is in the hospital, they’ll likely return when the caretaker with FDIA is alone with the child at home.

Some other possible warning signs of FDIA can include:

• The child or dependent person having a history of many hospitalizations. Often, there will also be a strange set of symptoms.
  • The child or dependent person’s symptoms generally being reported by the mother (or other caretaker with FDIA) and not being witnessed by hospital staff.
  • The child or dependent person’s condition and symptoms not matching the results of diagnostic tests.
  • The child or dependent person’s condition improving in the hospital, but the symptoms recurring once they go home.
  • Blood in lab samples not matching the blood of the child or dependent person.
  • The child or dependent person possibly having signs of chemicals in the blood, stool or urine.
There might also be a history of one or more unusual illnesses or deaths of children in the family.

What are the complications of factitious disorder imposed on another (FDIA)?​

Factitious disorder imposed on another can lead to serious short- and long-term complications, including:
  • Continued abuse.
  • Multiple hospitalizations.
  • Death of the victim.

Considered a form of child abuse, FDIA is a criminal offense.

I expected that and posted predictions that we would not hear any childhood stories about her being cruel to friends , family or even animals. In fact, she would be seen as highly compassionate and concerned for others.

That ^^^ corroborates with the behaviours of other 'killer caretakers ' like B Allit.

FDIA is a type of factitious disorder — a mental health condition where the person lies about the medical conditions of someone they care for in order to earn praise and attention. They often create those conditions themselves.

An adult with FDIA often will not leave the bedside of their child or person they’re caring for. They’ll also discuss in detail the symptoms and care that’s been provided. This is typically used as evidence that he or she is a good caretaker and is doing a thorough job. If the symptoms go away when the patient is in the hospital, they’ll likely return when the caretaker with FDIA is alone with the child at home.

• The child or dependent person having a history of many hospitalizations. Often, there will also be a strange set of symptoms.
  • The child or dependent person’s symptoms generally being reported by the mother (or other caretaker with FDIA) and not being witnessed by hospital staff.
  • The child or dependent person’s condition and symptoms not matching the results of diagnostic tests.
  • The child or dependent person’s condition improving in the hospital, but the symptoms recurring once they go home.
  • The child or dependent person possibly having signs of chemicals in the blood, stool or urine.
There might also be a history of one or more unusual illnesses or deaths of children in the family.

Factitious disorder imposed on another can lead to serious short- and long-term complications, including:
  • Continued abuse.
  • Death of the victim.

So interesting. She probably enjoyed all the attention she got the first times a baby passed away (naturally) and started harming them herself to get the same thrill. Sick.

• Continued abuse.
  • Death of the victim.

That is completely incorrect as regards Allitt. She was an absolute lunatic, had very few friends, was known to be violent and anti-social, domestic abuse against a boyfriend, barred from the local pub too, I think.

She barely made it through her nursing training and had just about the worst attendance record of any trainee ever. I believe she was within a day of failing for lack of attendance.

Allit was a million miles away from being compassionate by any measure.

That is completely incorrect as regards Allitt. She was an absolute lunatic, had very few friends, was known to be violent and anti-social, domestic abuse against a boyfriend, barred from the local pub too, I think.

She barely made it through her nursing training and had just about the worst attendance record of any trainee ever. I believe she was within a day of failing for lack of attendance.

Allit was a millions miles away from being compassionate by any measure.
Put faeces in the fridge of the nursing residence she was living in, etc.

Obvs don’t know if it was shown nationwide on ITV but Granada news did a 30 min special at teatime here in the region that’s available to play.

https://www.itv.com/news/granada

The former Director of Nursing for critical care gives a blurred out interview @19:40 as she wanted to protect her identity.
Karen Rees? Thanks I'll have a watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member