UK UK - Paul Taylor, 57, left home in in a vehicle Annan Scotland, car abandoned in Langwathby Penrith, Cumbria , 17 October 2023 *arrest*

StillDiggin

Reaction score
Cumbria Police are releasing new images as part of the ongoing appeal for information to help locate missing man, Paul Taylor.

Paul, 57, has not been since 17 October after leaving his home address in Annan, Scotland sometime after 9.45pm. A new picture of Paul has been released and officers believe he may be wearing the same black coat pictured.

New images of Paul’s car, a blue Vauxhall Corsa, registration PY18 DYO, are also being released today in efforts assist with the investigation.

Police believe he travelled from Annan towards Carlisle - specifically Carlisle West and the Yewdale area - shortly before midnight on 17 October.

The car was found abandoned in Langwathby, near Penrith at around 8.30am on 19 October.

Officers are continuing to appeal to any witnesses who may have seen the vehicle in these areas or have any CCTV or dashcam footage of the vehicle between the night of Tuesday 17 October and Thursday 19 October.

As a result of enquiries undertaken so far, police are also seeking to identify two males both dressed in dark clothing, with at least of one the males believed to be wearing a dark coloured hoody, who were seen in the vicinity of Paul’s vehicle in Langwathby on Thursday 19 October from around 8:45am.

Police would like to speak with these males as part of their investigation to help find Paul.

Chief Superintendent Richard Quinn said: “Since Paul went missing almost two weeks ago officers have been conducting a full investigation to help find him. We have carried out house to house enquiries and thorough CCTV reviews.

“We have released these new images in the hope it will prompt anyone who has seen the car or the two males in Langwathby to come forward.

“We are becoming increasingly concerned for Paul’s welfare and we continue to ask for the public’s help to locate him including checking CCTV and dashcam footage. I would like to stress that any information, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem, is reported to police so that detectives can review and carry out further enquiries.

“We would also like to urge Paul to contact police if he sees this appeal.”

Anyone who has seen Paul, his car or has any information regarding the two males that could assist enquiries, should contact Cumbria Police online at https://orlo.uk/F126e - you can also phone on 101.

You can also can submit information by completing an online form: Public Portal

Alternatively , you can contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

1698748283236.png

I wonder if the police have CCTV footage of the two males who were seen in the vicinity of Paul’s vehicle in Langwathby. It is only a village, so they'd probably be recognised immediately if they lived locally.

Langwathby is on the banks of the river Eden, which is a worry.

I wonder what has happened to Paul. A business deal that has gone wrong, perhaps? From what I can see on social media, he is just an ordinary family guy. The journey he made by car after he was last seen is quite specific - not one you would make if you were just cruising around. Obviously the police have information that has led to arrests being made.

Detectives investigating the disappearance of Paul Taylor are continuing to appeal for information and witnesses, two months since he was reported missing.

Paul Taylor has not been seen since leaving his home address in Annan sometime after 9:45pm on 17 October. Police know his car travelled into Carlisle shortly before midnight on 17th, going into the City West area of Carlisle – around Yewdale and Sandsfield Park.

Detectives believe that Paul’s car, a blue Vauxhall Corsa, was then in the area outside of Carlisle city limits on Monkhouse Road and Burgh Road toward Kirkandrews on Eden, in the early hours of Wednesday 18 October.

We now know Paul’s vehicle, was parked up in Green Lane, Carlisle on the morning of Wednesday 18 October at around 9:50am.

Four men arrested in connection with Paul’s disappearance remain released on police bail.

Detective Chief Superintendent Dave Pattinson said: “It has been two months now since Paul was originally reported as missing from his home address in Annan.

“Following our previous appeals and continued investigative enquiries by detectives, we have seen a number of people come forward which has given us vital new information to help piece together what may have happened to Paul.

“However, there are still gaps in the timeline from when Paul’s car was last seen in Carlisle, to when his car was later found in Langwathby.

“We still believe that Paul has come to serious harm, and we know that there are people out there who have the information that we need to find answers for Paul’s family so that they know what has happened to him.

“We still need to speak to anyone who knew or might have spoken to Paul in the days, weeks, or months leading up to the 17 October. Any information, no matter how irrelevant it may seem, could be the missing puzzle piece that helps us figure out what happened to Paul.

“I would urge anyone who has any information to call us on 101, or call Crimestoppers totally anonymously on 0800 555 111.”

Searches are ongoing and members of the public may see an increased police presence in and around the Carlisle area.

A statement from Paul's family:
Paying tribute to Paul, his family said: “We are reaching out to anyone who knew Paul, or has even the smallest bit of information related to his disappearance that would help us find peace and get answers.”

Make a report
▪️ Contact police by calling 101 or visiting https://orlo.uk/6szHO
▪️ Information can also be sent online: Public Portal
▪️ CCTV / dashcam footage can be uploaded here: Public Portal
▪️ Information can be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or https://orlo.uk/gEYcZ

Detectives investigating the murder of missing Annan man, Paul Taylor have made a further two arrests as part of their ongoing investigation.

This morning (20 December) officers executed arrest warrants at two addresses in the Carlisle and Penrith areas.
A 20-year-old man from Penrith and a 47-year-old woman from Carlisle have been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender and remain in police custody.

Officers continue to appeal for the public's help with this investigation: https://orlo.uk/lURRQ

Cumbria Police Facebook page

Wow! Cumbria Police have made the following announcement:

"Detectives in Cumbria have charged a 19-year-old with the murder of Paul Taylor, who was reported missing in October (2023).

Jack Crawley, 19, of Sheehan Crescent, Carlisle is due to appear before Carlisle Magistrates Court tomorrow (16 February) charged with murder.

Detectives are continuing their investigation and would still like to hear from anyone who has any information relating to this case, or the whereabouts of Paul's body."

Cumbria Police Facebook page (full announcement)

I am still trying to get my head around this. This is Jack Crawley who has been arrested in connection with a serious assault near York ... and now this. What is going on1?

I wonder if he was one of the two 19-year-old men from Carlisle who were previously arrested on suspicion of Paul's murder and subsequently released on bail.

Last edited:
I can no longer find Jack Crawley's thread, if I can remember correctly he was wanted in connection to other murders.

I, too, can no longer find the Jack Crawley thread (which frequently happens for me once threads are moved). He was certainly wanted on suspicion of attempted murder after an attack in a village near York, and was located on or around the 16th January 2024 (and presumably held in custody since then, but I can't be sure).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyLFC1892
Back